Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Elway-Mayor of Crazy Town

Well, we'll see, but they desperately need to revamp both the OL and the defense.

Team has needs at:

LT, LG, C, RG, RT. That's the entire OL folks.
    TE - They have no reliable ones and their leading (bad) TE from last year Jeff Heurman is a FA.

WR - Sanders is coming off injury and is making a boatload of $. Hopefully they keep him because behind him there's "not a lot of proven depth."

Defense: No Fly Zone is no more. This off-season they're losing Roby and Justin Simmons, after trading Talib and cutting TJ Ward the previous season. They're going to have to replace Brandon Marshall at ILB as well, since he's gone too.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Well, we'll see, but they desperately need to revamp both the OL and the defense.

Team has needs at:

LT, LG, C, RG, RT. That's the entire OL folks.
    TE - They have no reliable ones and their leading (bad) TE from last year Jeff Heurman is a FA.

WR - Sanders is coming off injury and is making a boatload of $. Hopefully they keep him because behind him there's "not a lot of proven depth."

Defense: No Fly Zone is no more. This off-season they're losing Roby and Justin Simmons, after trading Talib and cutting TJ Ward the previous season. They're going to have to replace Brandon Marshall at ILB as well, since he's gone too.
    Ridiculous. Show me a top NFL offensive line that has Pro-bowlers at all 5 positions. People just need to accept the fact that Bolles, McGovern and Leary aren't going anywhere. And with solid additions at the other two spots, in addition to quality coaching, the line as a whole can see a huge improvement.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Ridiculous. Show me a top NFL offensive line that has Pro-bowlers at all 5 positions. People just need to accept the fact that Bolles, McGovern and Leary aren't going anywhere. And with solid additions at the other two spots, in addition to quality coaching, the line as a whole can see a huge improvement.
    But just because they aren't going anywhere, that doesn't mean we don't have a need. This offseason argument that most have been having here about the OL improvement last season is moot. Everyone ended up getting hurt and some aren't returning. As it stands today, OL is our position group with the biggest holes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    But just because they aren't going anywhere, that doesn't mean we don't have a need. This offseason argument that most have been having here about the OL improvement last season is moot. Everyone ended up getting hurt and some aren't returning. As it stands today, OL is our position group with the biggest holes.
    There is huge difference between saying the entire line needs to be replaced and filling holes. McGovern and Bolles will be on that line for sure and I don't think about Leary. He's missed 15 game in two seasons so pardon pun it makes me leery of him. Nevertheless Cug is incorrect that entire line needs to be replaced.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    There is huge difference between saying the entire line needs to be replaced and filling holes. McGovern and Bolles will be on that line for sure and I don't think about Leary. He's missed 15 game in two seasons so pardon pun it makes me leery of him. Nevertheless Cug is incorrect that entire line needs to be replaced.
    We'd be better off changing 4/5 of it

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We'd be better off changing 4/5 of it
    I don't think we need to change that many. We have realistically two to three place should be addressed on the offensive line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Our current players either are hurt, suck or still need to develop. We might have 1 that I'm confident in to be part of our future.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Our current players either are hurt, suck or still need to develop. We might have 1 that I'm confident in to be part of our future.
    Ok, and I see two that are part of our long term future.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

John Elway is Executive of the Year 2019, hands down.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information