Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Interview: Mark Schlereth Sounds Off On The Flacco Hiring!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Mitch Morse if Paradis walks
    I don't think KC let's him go. Plus...why leave there to go to Denver right now?

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Lindsey averaged more ypc against 8 in the box thsn anyone in all the nfl and your contention is that it was soley because he was phenomenal? Im done. Stats and numbers have zero meaning when we let our prejudices dictate how we interpret them. 180 lb running backs no matter how talented dont win at that level with shitty o line play unless their name is barry and even he wasn that tiny
    Spot on J. Barry Sanders was 5'8" but he also weighed 203 lbs. Lindsey isn't built like Sanders was when he played and he doesn't run like him. He (Lindnsey) still very good but when he's met right at line of scrimmage he normally gets stopped cold.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Spot on J. Barry Sanders was 5'8" but he also weighed 203 lbs. Lindsey isn't built like Sanders was when he played and he doesn't run like him. He (Lindnsey) still very good but when he's met right at line of scrimmage he normally gets stopped cold.
    Yep...Lindsay is elite because of his vision...he has elite vision....but if there is no hole at the line because of bad blocking which happened a lot....he cant go anywhere and due to his size its pretty much a brick wall with no hole.....its why teams started stacking the box and not worrying about Keenum its how they took our best player out of the mix by just blowing up the LOS....its the same reason Gurley struggled....teams just start blowing up the LOS and forcing Goff to beat them....sometimes he made it work but not often....the reason the rams got better with Anderson for a bit is because he was so good at yards after contact at the LOS....he made teams still pay stacking the box....but that only works for so long....just like with Lindsay his First contact YPC was pretty good at the beginning but then those hits take tolls as the season goes on.....i love Lindsay and his fire for the game and his passion and its a shame we weren’t smart enough on offense to scheme him into space for to use that elite vision.....that’s was a coaching malfunction for sure...cause musgrave just could accept he would have to alter his scheme....its the same arrogance that tried to make Keenum a pocket passer all year....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

5. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Mitch Morse if Paradis walks
    I don't think KC let's him go. Plus...why leave there to go to Denver right now?
    They did it with Wiegmann way back like 10 yrs ago
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Only here is the Broncos OLine not just mediocre but it's somehow a strength?

Like no one watched a single game down the stretch?

Great running Backs will bloat OLine stats.

So by Keenums numbers, he had a great year on forst glance huh?

Stats don't tell the whole story

As the Season and injuries wore on they were exposed. It is a great area of need with the possibility of big changes coming, whixh I hope is positive with Munchak.
    Games are still won in the trenches that’s how NE beat the Rams.....you are correct OL is a need for us.....RT is a glaring hole right now for sure.....and Bolles cant pass protect very well for a LT so that’s a big concern, that hopefully munchak can fix with better technique....i put CB far and away as our biggest immediate need with a long term QB as our next need, but i would follow that with Tackle, and a legit TE that can play and stay healthy....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Only here is the Broncos OLine not just mediocre but it's somehow a strength?

Like no one watched a single game down the stretch?

Great running Backs will bloat OLine stats.

So by Keenums numbers, he had a great year on forst glance huh?

Stats don't tell the whole story

As the Season and injuries wore on they were exposed. It is a great area of need with the possibility of big changes coming, whixh I hope is positive with Munchak.
    Games are still won in the trenches that’s how NE beat the Rams.....you are correct OL is a need for us.....RT is a glaring hole right now for sure.....and Bolles cant pass protect very well for a LT so that’s a big concern, that hopefully munchak can fix with better technique....i put CB far and away as our biggest immediate need with a long term QB as our next need, but i would follow that with Tackle, and a legit TE that can play and stay healthy....
    My thinking is the FO believes the best can be brought out in what they have with Munchak especially with bolles
    Last edited by Shazam!; 02-20-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

9. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

They did it with Wiegmann way back like 10 yrs ago
    At age 35. Then 2 years later he went back to KC.

That said...Denver was a much better option at the time than the Chiefs who went 2-14

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

No Joel, Kubiak was still in Houston at the time, the offensive coordinator for the Ravens was Bill Caldwell if I remember correctly. Kubiak was only in Baltimore one season and that was 2014.
    Your right about almost everything. Jim Caldwell supplanted Cam Cameron mid-season as their OC in 2012.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/rav/2012.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/CaldJi0.htm
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

12. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Your right about almost everything. Jim Caldwell supplanted Cam Cameron mid-season as their OC in 2012.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/rav/2012.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/CaldJi0.htm
    Just out of curiosity what did miss? I did know that Caldwell supplanted Cam Cameron mid-season as the OC I just didn't mention it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Just out of curiosity what did miss? I did know that Caldwell supplanted Cam Cameron mid-season as the OC I just didn't mention it.
    You said...

Bill Caldwell
    ...instead of Jim Caldwell.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

15. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    You said...

...instead of Jim Caldwell.
    Ok, thanks.

17. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I keep wondering why they don't re-sign Veldheer, and maybe they will. He wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible either, probably the brightest (15 watt) bulb on the OL last year. He wouldn't be cheap but at least he's not a LT so he won't get just Stupid money because nobody thinks he can transition to LT and be very good.

Bolles- well they brought Munchak here directly to work with Bolles and the OL. He's been very resistant to coaching so far, but hopefully this works. So far the Broncos should have drafted Ramczyk who went to the Pro-bowl in his second season, rather than Bolles.

Who knows what they will do at G. Brandon Stokely was commenting on the radio about how they need TWO starting caliber G's, whether this comes through FA or the draft. If there was a star-quality LT available at #10 I'd take him in the draft and move Bolles to RT.

And Troy Renck, Denver7 Broncos reporter is that there's "less than a 50-50 chance they re-sign Paradis." I don't know how accurate that is.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I keep wondering why they don't re-sign Veldheer, and maybe they will. He wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible either, probably the brightest (15 watt) bulb on the OL last year. He wouldn't be cheap but at least he's not a LT so he won't get just Stupid money because nobody thinks he can transition to LT and be very good.

Bolles- well they brought Munchak here directly to work with Bolles and the OL. He's been very resistant to coaching so far, but hopefully this works. So far the Broncos should have drafted Ramczyk who went to the Pro-bowl in his second season, rather than Bolles.

Who knows what they will do at G. Brandon Stokely was commenting on the radio about how they need TWO starting caliber G's, whether this comes through FA or the draft. If there was a star-quality LT available at #10 I'd take him in the draft and move Bolles to RT.

And Troy Renck, Denver7 Broncos reporter is that there's "less than a 50-50 chance they re-sign Paradis." I don't know how accurate that is.
    If we had done this...who would be playing left tackle right now? Or how much would we be complaining about his poor play at LT? The Saints did exactly what ANY team should have done with Ramczyk and moved him to right tackle.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If we had done this...who would be playing left tackle right now? Or how much would we be complaining about his poor play at LT? The Saints did exactly what ANY team should have done with Ramczyk and moved him to right tackle.
    I hate when people say that. Ramz couldn't play at lt so they moved him to rt. Like you said, wed still have no LT
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I hate when people say that. Ramz couldn't play at lt so they moved him to rt. Like you said, wed still have no LT
    Different scenario though. They slid him to RT because they already had. Armstead who is an above average LT Ramz will be the obvious option at LT if they csnt get Armstead resigned.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information