Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview: Mark Schlereth Sounds Off On The Flacco Hiring!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Flacco has a cannon compared to CK
    And CK can avoid the rush. They can each do something the other can't. Neither are very good overall. The notion that the supporting cast would be the difference for one vut not the other makes no sense to me

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

What does Mike Evans want Schelerth to say?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Flacco has a cannon compared to CK
    And CK can avoid the rush. They can each do something the other can't. Neither are very good overall. The notion that the supporting cast would be the difference for one vut not the other makes no sense to me
    At least Flacco has a resume of winning that Elway likes. Keenum plays scared, I could see Flacco taking more chanves downfield.

Also Baltimore struggled the last few years offensively, Flac wilk have more to work with assuming the OLine is better.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    They both agree on this, I just didn't bother posting extensive quotes of Mike Evans.

Schlereth of course was part of the great Broncos SB OL and played G in the NFL for 12 seasons. He's said for years that this OL is struggling mightily especially in pass protection.

Some people get their ideas from Fantasy Websites. Some people are actual experts and look at all the coaches film of games and analyze the OL themselves.

I run into this in my field as well, idiots who look up something on the web and think they know more than me when I've been doing my job for 28 years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    They both agree on this, I just didn't bother posting extensive quotes of Mike Evans.

Schlereth of course was part of the great Broncos SB OL and played G in the NFL for 12 seasons. He's said for years that this OL is struggling mightily especially in pass protection.

Some people get their ideas from Fantasy Websites. Some people are actual experts and look at all the coaches film of games and analyze the OL themselves.

I run into this in my field as well, idiots who look up something on the web and think they know more than me when I've been doing my job for 28 years.
    Mark Schlereth agrees with Shazam.

I get that shit at work also. All the idiots taht work for me think they can do my job too and yet they cant do their own job.

Objective stats over subjective evaluations. Especially when that’s all you can cling to. Objective stats over anecdotal evidence. Denver’s line wasn’t awful last year. Especially considering the injuries and QB behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    The best part of the whole situation is that Flacco needs a beefed up line, more weapons and the right coach. Didn't CK prove that he can be solid with those same things while in Minny?

I'm on record saying the deal is meaningless ling term. And I'm standing pat. But why didn't we just keep CK and do the things to help him that we still need to do to make Flacco successful?
    Good question. Maybe it has do with Flacco having better physical tools and a better resume.

Also, CK has one year as outlier, and the Vikings sent him packing one year. Flacco, has quarterbacked his team the playoffs on multiple occasions fwiw.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-16-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Objective stats over subjective evaluations. Especially when that’s all you can cling to. Objective stats over anecdotal evidence. Denver’s line wasn’t awful last year. Especially considering the injuries and QB behind it.
    The pass pro has been a weakness for years. Elway agrees. Schlereth agrees. But they dont know as much as you do they.

The pass pro has been a weakness for years. Elway agrees. Schlereth agrees. But they dont know as much as you do they.
    What does years of weakness have to do with one year of solid play? I get it, bro. You like narratives. I like facts. You like subjectivity. I like objectivity.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

What does years of weakness have to do with one year of solid play? I get it, bro. You like narratives. I like facts. You like subjectivity. I like objectivity.
    OLine needs serious improvement. You can say theyre good all you want. They're not.

Thank God you dont advise this team or Elway.

OLine needs serious improvement. You can say theyre good all you want. They're not.

It can get better, but the facts speak for themselves. Denver spent a large chunk of the season ranked above average in blocking before injuries piled up. That's almost categorical across the various sites that rank line blocking. Towards the end of the season, when the line really took a dive. You might remember, that for a large chunk of the season the fans on this site were pretty pleased with the blocking.

Elway is the guy who keeps trotting out the lines that you hate so much, and keeps chaining this team with shitty QB's, which you often support. You'd think you'd apply your logic better and disagree with his moves, but that'd take brainpower you don't have. And considering the fact that you were a casesucker, and a TS Fanboy, and a guy who wanted Tomlin to fix our culture, even though his locker room is in disarray, you'd think be a little less harsh with your tone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It can get better, but the facts speak for themselves. Denver spent a large chunk of the season ranked above average in blocking before injuries piled up. That's almost categorical across the various sites that rank line blocking. Towards the end of the season, when the line really took a dive. You might remember, that for a large chunk of the season the fans on this site were pretty pleased with the blocking.

Elway is the guy who keeps trotting out the lines that you hate so much, and keeps chaining this team with shitty QB's, which you often support. You'd think you'd apply your logic better and disagree with his moves, but that'd take brainpower you don't have. And considering the fact that you were a casesucker, and a TS Fanboy, and a guy who wanted Tomlin to fix our culture, even though his locker room is in disarray, you'd think be a little less harsh with your tone.
    Not a TS fanboy, I wanted him to succeed. He didn't. I wanted Case to succeed. He didn't. I want Flacco to succeed. He will. With the corresponding moves (Fangio, Munchak, Scags, etc) and more to be made, this team is better on paper than last year. Coaching is all the difference. They will be unrecognizable from the VJ Broncos.

Schlereth must not know shit either according to your logic. I think he knows just a little about OLine play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Again just so we're clear. The offensive line coaching staff other than perhaps linebackers coaches last year was the best on the team. If you think with all the moving parts that we had last year that them ranked is 13th in the league in pass protection isn't a miracle of amazing coaching then you're completely blinded by the Munchak signing. And again the same thing that smiling assassin just said the upgrade is marginal, and we can't keep treating early Third Day pics like they don't f****** matter. We overpaid by every assessment of every objective media Outlet in the league for a guy who actually threw for less yards-per-catch than Case Keenum did last year. Let's make sure we all understand that. Flacco's yards per reception average last year was lower than case keenum's. So the narrative about the big huge arm doesn't really hold a lot of water at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

We keep making these f****** lateral moves and it feels more and more like Shanahan. The difference is Shanahan devoted assets to the offense, while completely stripping defense. Elway on the other hand has to devoted all kinds of assets to the defense other than middle linebacker which is a glaring hole. And continues to throw s*** at the offensive line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Flacco didnt have a lotta offensive weapons lighting it up in Baltimore the past 4 years. Lotta production at TE over the years but since Rice has been gone they haven't been the same.

Elway wants to win now while he sees some pieces in place. With more competent Coaching MAYBE Denver could have give better than 6x10.

If Keenum made that throw to DT vs KC the Season may have gone better. Flacco is a much better passer than Case without question hed have made that throw.

I may be one of the only people pleased with this move

16. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information