Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos To Release Brandon Marshall

If it happens for real, I wish him the best. He was a tackle machine but more importantly he was a man among men, when it comes to his character, history, and professionalism. If we are to ever consider it worthy to admire our sports personalities, we shouldn't look farther than BM as the example of what is worth admiring. If he does move on, he will leave a strong and important legacy in Denver for people of all colors, ages, and sexes. I really enjoyed listening to his interviews and reading about him.

Brandon Marshall is a baddass.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Yep, we knew for a while that he would not be retained at his current salary.
    I see Leary staying most likely but the other 3 I definitely see being gone. Also Matt paradis being allowed to walk or a sign and trade. I know we are going hard after Mosley and Amos and James in FA, but it would suck to sign those guys and lose the comp pick for paradis which would likely be a 3rd round pick as I expect him to get a 10mil salary.
    Paradis is the Broncos #1 FA target according to team beat reporters like Mike Klis and others. They are trying to re-sign him. That's why they brought in Mike Munchak to coach the OL. They are going to make an emphasis this year on strengthening the OL. Partly through coaching, but quite possibly in FA and the draft as well. We could see them go OL heavy in FA for instance.

They could use as many as 4 new OL since they might not be able to keep Paradis if he gets a better offer somewhere else, like Broncos FA veterans have done like Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan.

They obviously need 2 new TEs, etc., etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

Thanks to Marshall for all that he did for the Broncos. He gave all he could for the Broncos and I wish him nothing but the best.
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Some of the FA CB's this year.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019CB.php

Here is some of the FA LB"s, Mosley is listed but i guess he is not as good in coverage as i thought. At least according to Walter's he sucks at coverage so not sure if he would be a good replacement for Marshall.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019ILB.php

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/ravensb_logo.gif
    C.J. Mosley, ILB, Ravens. Age: 27.

C.J. Mosley is an overrated player, as he tends to struggle in coverage sometimes. He's not awful in that regard, but he can be a liability on occasion. He's still a decent linebacker, as he's excellent in run support, but he's not rated as highly as people might think he should be.

Pff says he is good in coverage

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    He really hasn't been good since the SB year.
    We kept the wrong LB. Trevathan was and still is better.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived gregbroncs For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I still would rather have White. He's younger, it seems unlikely he'll have a huge learning curve, he brings pass rushing skills, and even if he's 10th overall he'll probably still be cheaper than Mosley.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-17-2019 at 07:09 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I still rather have White. He's younger, it seems unlikely he'll have huge learning curve, he brings pass rushing skills, and even if he's 10th overall he'll probably still be cheaper than Mosley.
    Same here

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Everything ive been reading on him is a mixed bag about whether or not he is good at pass coverage. Even most of the articles ive read in Bmore say he isnt that great.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Everything ive been reading on him is a mixed bag about whether or not he is good at pass coverage. Even most of the articles ive read in Bmore say he isnt that great.
    I've seen the same stuff....not to many of my BMORE friends are that high on him either.....I think he is a better overall LB than Davis or Jewell for sure, but personally not enough to be worth 7mil plus per year, when I see CB, OL, TE as far bigger immediate needs.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

This is why an Adrian Amos or Landon Collins need to be a priority target in FA. If the value isn't there in signing a LB that can cover...then we sure as hell need to get a strong safety that can.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    This is why an Adrian Amos or Landon Collins need to be a priority target in FA. If the value isn't there in signing a LB that can cover...then we sure as hell need to get a strong safety that can.
    I don’t disagree with that...i liked what parks flashed last year though....with a good scheme i think he could be legit there. I think him and Simmons were inconsistent last year because of our knuckle headed coaching staff. Those 2 i think are going to be quite good next year. I was disappointed in cravens though....and we should release prob release Stewart....I could understand the need for a guy like Collins or Amos.....it would improve our secondary......I would def rank safety as a priority above the ILB play.....it got so bad they had Simmons playing SS at times cause Stewart cant tackle anymore lol....and simmons has no business in the box lol.

I heard earlier today with ray likely being gone as well as Barrett, Montez sweat could be a option at 10...thoughts?

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I don’t disagree with that...i liked what parks flashed last year though....with a good scheme i think he could be legit there. I think him and Simmons were inconsistent last year because of our knuckle headed coaching staff. Those 2 i think are going to be quite good next year. I was disappointed in cravens though....and we should release prob release Stewart....I could understand the need for a guy like Collins or Amos.....it would improve our secondary......I would def rank safety as a priority above the ILB play.....it got so bad they had Simmons playing SS at times cause Stewart cant tackle anymore lol....and simmons has no business in the box lol.

I heard earlier today with ray likely being gone as well as Barrett, Montez sweat could be a option at 10...thoughts?
    cravens is junk, and stewart is done. . . i badly want an upgrade at #2 corner in free agency, but there's barely anyone worth signing in this year's crop. . . gimme collins, and take devin white or the best corner at #10. . . parks as the third safety is fine. . . with an improved pass rush, and top notch coaching, we can fix the secondary in one off-season IF we want to throw the necessary resources at it. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    cravens is junk, and stewart is done. . . i badly want an upgrade at #2 corner in free agency, but there's barely anyone worth signing in this year's crop. . . gimme collins, and take devin white or the best corner at #10. . . parks as the third safety is fine. . . with an improved pass rush, and top notch coaching, we can fix the secondary in one off-season IF we want to throw the necessary resources at it. . .
    I would certainly be interested in seeing what Fangio/Donatell can do with guys like Parks/Cravens/Carter...but I hope they figure it out early. If they truly think they can get more out of them, then I'm ok with not spending big money on a safety.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I would certainly be interested in seeing what Fangio/Donatell can do with guys like Parks/Cravens/Carter...but I hope they figure it out early. If they truly think they can get more out of them, then I'm ok with not spending big money on a safety.
    I forgot about Carter he def flashed at SS....hopefully he stays healthy because he shows a lot of potential for us there.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

22. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Personally i would pay for Jordan Hicks or Perryman before i pay for Mosley....but really I don’t want to pay that high at the moment with bigger needs on the roster....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information