Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos To Release Brandon Marshall

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Simmons is to hot and cold for me personally. But i can say the same about Parks.
    I think parks flashed in the box last year, and Simmons got screwed playing like 4 positions....he is a true FS.....he belongs there....not as a nickel back or dime back or cb....lol a lot of our safety issues were scheme and personnel selection related...I remember one game they tried cravens at FS and Simmons in the box for some plays...wtf lol.....cravens can’t cover that great but he is a beast in the box....parks is good there as well. Hopefully this new staff plays the players in their right positions....we need Cb help big time, and it’s time for Stewart to go.....

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Mosley is a overrated but upgraded version of Todd Davis...he can’t always cover either never been a strength of his...Marshall is gone because he could no longer play the run effectively after dropping weight and being injured.....he was never that great a cover back either....but he was very good overall in 2015, then he dropped weight and last year well.......this whole vegan lean fresh diet crap for football players needs to go.

But he was a big part of that 2015 defense so I wish him the best of luck. If we do bring him back he needs to bulk up a bit...225 ain’t going to cut it inside in the 3-4.....
    Some of the FA CB's this year.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019CB.php

Here is some of the FA LB"s, Mosley is listed but i guess he is not as good in coverage as i thought. At least according to Walter's he sucks at coverage so not sure if he would be a good replacement for Marshall.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019ILB.php

image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/ravensb_logo.gif
    C.J. Mosley, ILB, Ravens. Age: 27.

C.J. Mosley is an overrated player, as he tends to struggle in coverage sometimes. He's not awful in that regard, but he can be a liability on occasion. He's still a decent linebacker, as he's excellent in run support, but he's not rated as highly as people might think he should be.

I guess that puts a damper on the Mosley idea.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Simmons is to hot and cold for me personally. But i can say the same about Parks.
    I should have added more to this, when these guys are on they are on but when they are not they disappear completely and i hate that. Just really need more consistency from them.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Is Jewell the future, if we can't get White?

Mosley is ok, White is going to be better in my opinion.
    Fair, but Mosley IF we can land him is better by far than what we've had at ILB in a really long time. The corners that are available FA aren't bad, but I'd prefer a top corner in the draft.

It's a matter of preference, either way won't get a complaint from me. White's a baller.

9. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I should have added more to this, when these guys are on they are on but when they are not they disappear completely and i hate that. Just really need more consistency from them.
    I agree about consistency and that’s why I blame woods and Joseph and the bs scheme stuff they pulled.....Especially Simmons hard to be consistent when your still a young player playing 4 positions....if I remember correctly he played like 100% of the defensive snaps or something lol.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Some of that is what is around them though. I think if we get a competent cover ILB, that will greatly benefit the safeties. Our ILB's just flat out cannot cover, that leaves Parks and Simmons exposed at times because they are having to help out ILB's that aren't doing their job. I agree that we need more consistency out of them, but bolstering our LB core will help that.

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Is Jewell the future, if we can't get White?

I think we are solid at ILB right now....I liked what Davis brings against the run and as a leader, his coverage improved as well last year, hopefully jewel gets more consistent cause he struggled a bit last year.....we need a ILB in FA or the draft but they seem to be pretty high on some of the depth guys from last year.....no idea if it works out. For me I would love white next to Davis.....but I just believe CB and QB to be the higher priority at 10.....you could even justify going DL at 10 with this class.....or OL if we make smart FA moves.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I don’t want to waste money on Mosley.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

I think we are solid at ILB right now....I liked what Davis brings against the run and as a leader, his coverage improved as well last year, hopefully jewel gets more consistent cause he struggled a bit last year.....we need a ILB in FA or the draft but they seem to be pretty high on some of the depth guys from last year.....no idea if it works out. For me I would love white next to Davis.....but I just believe CB and QB to be the higher priority at 10.....you could even justify going DL at 10 with this class.....or OL if we make smart FA moves.....
    I'm gonna have to agree to disagree here. Yes, Davis does well in the run game, but he's a huge liability in the passing game. Mosley would be an upgrade in both run and pass coverage over Davis as would White. Jewell while solid is a second year player. I think we're far from solid at this point.

I don't think it would be a waste honestly. But again, we'll have to agree to disagree here. I've been a huge CJ Mosley fan for much of his career, he's a great LB'er and I love what he brings to the table. I think he'd be a vast improvement over what we have and will elevate the play of the guys around him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He seems to get dinged up a lot as well. If Denver was getting frustrated with Marshall and his injuries im not sure they want to take the risk of grabbing Mosley who might end up having the same problem.
    I would rather not have someone who is always dinged up. If I heard correctly White has some descent pass rushing skills to go along with his other attributes. Yeah, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of drafting White.

19. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

I don't see that as a waste. I see that as signing an elite player and talent in his prime years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

between mosely and white? Id take white or even better Wilson in thr 2nd over Mosely

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    between mosely and white? Id take white or even better Wilson in thr 2nd over Mosely
    Mosley is already one of the best ILB's in the game. White is a prospect. If white becomes as good as Mosley he'll have panned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information