Page 95 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1723

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

  1. #1411
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas you will be missed
    Posts
    5,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Everyone hating on Flacco will be on the bandwagon in October
    When rumors are coming out of Denver that They aren't thinking about drafting a QB at 10 now, because they don't want to have Flacco worry about that and put that pressure on him, I'm not so sure this will be correct. However If it is, I will personally admit you were right Shazam and I was wrong. Hopefully for Denver's sake he has a good season, but I think we win more games this year because of our run game and defense then because of Joe Flacco.
    Prove me wrong Flacco! Otherwise in Lock I trust!

  2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:


  3. #1412
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    33,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    When rumors are coming out of Denver that They aren't thinking about drafting a QB at 10 now, because they don't want to have Flacco worry about that and put that pressure on him, I'm not so sure this will be correct. However If it is, I will personally admit you were right Shazam and I was wrong. Hopefully for Denver's sake he has a good season, but I think we win more games this year because of our run game and defense then because of Joe Flacco.
    Well.... wouldn't that ALSO be because of Flacco though?

    For instance, if teams don't stack the box and the run game is able to operate, if the defense isn't forced to defend a short field time after time, etc. Would you not agree those would both be big upgrades over Case?

    I'm not saying those WILL happen, John knows better than anyone on this board, but it certainly can. Flacco is a better player than Case, period. Our coaching is already head and shoulders better and they haven't called a single play. Hopefully we're improving where we need to in order to be a better TEAM to better support less than HOF QB play.

  4. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  5. #1413
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas you will be missed
    Posts
    5,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Well.... wouldn't that ALSO be because of Flacco though?

    For instance, if teams don't stack the box and the run game is able to operate, if the defense isn't forced to defend a short field time after time, etc. Would you not agree those would both be big upgrades over Case?

    I'm not saying those WILL happen, John knows better than anyone on this board, but it certainly can. Flacco is a better player than Case, period. Our coaching is already head and shoulders better and they haven't called a single play. Hopefully we're improving where we need to in order to be a better TEAM to better support less than HOF QB play.

    No because you can win games and even the SB with mediocre QB play. We proved that already. I have already alluded to the fact Flacco could surprise, but why is it so hard for people to realize statistically and on tape nothing Flacco has done in 5 years leads credence to him being some big upgrade in his prime. In fact we should be worried we are going to bypass a first rd Qb not because they don't want one, but because of Flacco's mental makeup.....Apparently we don't want to create pressure when he throws for 180 yds and everyone is screaming for the rookie.....that's hilarious to me

    I hope he does well....but I want proof before I buy into some hoopla being shoved down my throat that he is some kind of upgrade in his prime....
    Prove me wrong Flacco! Otherwise in Lock I trust!

  6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:


  7. #1414
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas
    Posts
    35,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Well.... wouldn't that ALSO be because of Flacco though?

    For instance, if teams don't stack the box and the run game is able to operate, if the defense isn't forced to defend a short field time after time, etc. Would you not agree those would both be big upgrades over Case?

    I'm not saying those WILL happen, John knows better than anyone on this board, but it certainly can. Flacco is a better player than Case, period. Our coaching is already head and shoulders better and they haven't called a single play. Hopefully we're improving where we need to in order to be a better TEAM to better support less than HOF QB play.
    I think the two primary reasons Denver traded for Flacco is because one, he is a better player and two, it gives them more flexibility in the draft.

  8. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:


  9. #1415
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    33,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    No because you can win games and even the SB with mediocre QB play. We proved that already. I have already alluded to the fact Flacco could surprise, but why is it so hard for people to realize statistically and on tape nothing Flacco has done in 5 years leads credence to him being some big upgrade in his prime. In fact we should be worried we are going to bypass a first rd Qb not because they don't want one, but because of Flacco's mental makeup.....Apparently we don't want to create pressure when he throws for 180 yds and everyone is screaming for the rookie.....that's hilarious to me

    I hope he does well....but I want proof before I buy into some hoopla being shoved down my throat that he is some kind of upgrade in his prime....
    I want proof every single season, so that goes without saying.

    I also don't think that if we bypass a 1st round qb it will necessarily be because anyone thinks Flacco is going to lead us to the promised land... it will be a huge number of factors including what John thinks of the draftees present at our pick.

    So, please lead me to this article with John saying he for doesn't want to draft a QB

  10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  11. #1416
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas
    Posts
    35,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    No because you can win games and even the SB with mediocre QB play. We proved that already. I have already alluded to the fact Flacco could surprise, but why is it so hard for people to realize statistically and on tape nothing Flacco has done in 5 years leads credence to him being some big upgrade in his prime. In fact we should be worried we are going to bypass a first rd Qb not because they don't want one, but because of Flacco's mental makeup.....Apparently we don't want to create pressure when he throws for 180 yds and everyone is screaming for the rookie.....that's hilarious to me

    I hope he does well....but I want proof before I buy into some hoopla being shoved down my throat that he is some kind of upgrade in his prime....
    I have yet to see anything where Elway has said

    I looked over Flacco stats and I disagree. The last five years he's still been better than Keenum.

  12. #1417
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Out West
    Adopted Bronco:
    Arthur Morgan
    Posts
    20,055

    Default

    While he has not overtly said - i am not drafting a qb this year because of Joe Flacco - i think it is a reasonable concern given the statement "joe is entering his prime"

    If that statement is true, why would you pick a qb early, surely you look to surround that qb in their prime with talent to win now.

    So either the concern is valid - or jfe does not really believe that Flacco is in his prime.

    But since we don't know what happens in JFEs head - we can only go on his words

  13. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:


  14. #1418
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe
    Posts
    4,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I have yet to see anything where Elway has said

    I looked over Flacco stats and I disagree. The last five years he's still been better than Keenum.
    apples and oranges. The only two that you can compare are the last two. and Flacco's ypr was horrid I mean just putrid.

  15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:


  16. #1419
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    33,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    While he has not overtly said - i am not drafting a qb this year because of Joe Flacco - i think it is a reasonable concern given the statement "joe is entering his prime"

    If that statement is true, why would you pick a qb early, surely you look to surround that qb in their prime with talent to win now.

    So either the concern is valid - or jfe does not really believe that Flacco is in his prime.

    But since we don't know what happens in JFEs head - we can only go on his words
    That's what we're going on? Really? GM speak.... I guess John should've said he had no faith in Joe, wanted to make sure we had a warm body to get snaps while he figures the position out using band aids and bubble gum to craft a QB in his basement.

    What of all the visits and going to watch QB's workout, play, etc?

    Why not use those as the basis for irrational thought?

    Surely they mean there's interest

  17. #1420
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    87,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    That's what we're going on? Really? GM speak.... I guess John should've said he had no faith in Joe, wanted to make sure we had a warm body to get snaps while he figures the position out using band aids and bubble gum to craft a QB in his basement.

    What of all the visits and going to watch QB's workout, play, etc?

    Why not use those as the basis for irrational thought?

    Surely they mean there's interest
    He did all that last year, too, and didnít draft a quarterback. I donít think heís targeting one, this year, either. Makes no sense to me to be in better position in a better quarterback year and not take one only to turn around and be in a worse position and take one.

    Your free agency/trade capitol is on quarterbacks right now. Might as well die on that sword and get some more talent at other positions, especially in the first round, at this point. IMO.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love the Shitgun.

  18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  19. #1421
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    33,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    He did all that last year, too, and didn’t draft a quarterback. I don’t think he’s targeting one, this year, either. Makes no sense to me to be in better position in a better quarterback year and not take one only to turn around and be in a worse position and take one.

    Your free agency/trade capitol is on quarterbacks right now. Might as well die on that sword and get some more talent at other positions, especially in the first round, at this point. IMO.
    I'm not even COMPLETELY disagreeing, but I do believe we draft a QB this year. John isn't an idiot, I'm quite certain he doesn't see Flacco as our future QB.

    Maybe he has someone targeted next year, I don't know, I just refuse to believe that Flacco is his answer for the next 5-10 years

  20. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  21. #1422
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Out West
    Adopted Bronco:
    Arthur Morgan
    Posts
    20,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    That's what we're going on? Really? GM speak.... I guess John should've said he had no faith in Joe, wanted to make sure we had a warm body to get snaps while he figures the position out using band aids and bubble gum to craft a QB in his basement.

    What of all the visits and going to watch QB's workout, play, etc?

    Why not use those as the basis for irrational thought?

    Surely they mean there's interest


    I just think it is a reasonable position to take that he made a move at qb, and he is going to fall on his sword over it - by not drafting a qb early this year either (mainly because he thinks he can win with Joe)

    You disagree, and that is cool, this is certainly not an issue that i am prepared to go back and forth over.

  22. #1423
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Emma Watson
    Posts
    68,043

    Default

    Taking a QB at 10 would be kind of dumb this year whether it would bother Flacco or not. They went and got Flacco because they want to win now so the best thing for this year is to grab players who can contribute this year with the first couple of picks. As ive stated before Denver can still draft a QB later in the draft if they want. Everyone always acts like this is the only time Denver can draft a first round QB which is silly.

  23. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  24. #1424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    No because you can win games and even the SB with mediocre QB play. We proved that already. I have already alluded to the fact Flacco could surprise, but why is it so hard for people to realize statistically and on tape nothing Flacco has done in 5 years leads credence to him being some big upgrade in his prime. In fact we should be worried we are going to bypass a first rd Qb not because they don't want one, but because of Flacco's mental makeup.....Apparently we don't want to create pressure when he throws for 180 yds and everyone is screaming for the rookie.....that's hilarious to me

    I hope he does well....but I want proof before I buy into some hoopla being shoved down my throat that he is some kind of upgrade in his prime....
    The 2015 SB proved that a team can win the SB with great defense and no offense -- about once every ten years. And it's never the same team twice either.

    '85 Bears (Jim Mcmahon), 2000 Ravens (Trent Dilfer), 2002 Bucs (Brad Johnson QB), 2015 (the Ghost of Peyton Manning). None ever repeated.

    What the 2019 Broncos would have to prove is that it's possible to win with great defense and no offense twice. And that has never happened. Unless you think that Joe Flacco is going to revive that 2012 SB run.

    And I might jump in a time ship, return back to my old body in the 1980s and have a hell of a time in NYC with a certain voluptuous blonde I used to date.

    There's sadly no time ship. And neither you nor I nor Joe Flacco can ever recapture lost youth.

  25. #1425
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    33,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The 2015 SB proved that a team can win the SB with great defense and no offense -- about once every ten years. And it's never the same team twice either.

    '85 Bears (Jim Mcmahon), 2000 Ravens (Trent Dilfer), 2002 Bucs (Brad Johnson QB), 2015 (the Ghost of Peyton Manning). None ever repeated.

    What the 2019 Broncos would have to prove is that it's possible to win with great defense and no offense twice. And that has never happened. Unless you think that Joe Flacco is going to revive that 2012 SB run.

    And I might jump in a time ship, return back to my old body in the 1980s and have a hell of a time in NYC with a certain voluptuous blonde I used to date.

    There's sadly no time ship. And neither you nor I nor Joe Flacco can ever recapture lost youth.
    No QB had ever won the SB with two teams until Manning did it.

    Nobody has ever done whatever until they do...

  26. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group