Page 48 of 135 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

You really think if you have great weapons and a great line you're going to be okay with backups like TS and CK? It doesn't matter if you don't have a good QB, and good QB's take bad lines and meh skill position players and make them better. Complaining about no TE's vertical threats when you don't have a QB is like complaining about a broken hand when your body is covered with third degree burns.

If you gave Denver a good line, not a great one, and solid TE, and another WR and CK is still awful, the offense is still bad, and we're still not a playoff team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You really think if you have great weapons and a great line you're going to be okay with backups like TS and CK? It doesn't matter if you don't have a good QB, and good QB's take bad lines and meh skill position players and make them better. Complaining about no TE's vertical threats when you don't have a QB is like complaining about a broken hand when your body is covered with third degree burns.

If you gave Denver a good line, not a great one, and solid TE, and another WR and CK is still awful, the offense is still bad, and we're still not a playoff team.
    King. Im just saying its so much more than just a need to get better at the position. Everything from the Line to the play calling to the skill positions on offense needs to get better. And QB.

Musgrave did Case no favors with his play calling. This is a big picture.issue
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    King. Im just saying its so much more than just a need to get better at the position. Everything from the Line to the play calling to the skill positions on offense needs to get better. And QB.

Musgrave did Case no favors with his play calling. This is a big picture.issue
    A line with no QB is million dollar security system for a 10k house. By glossing over QB, you're essentially just asking for a great car that has no engine.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

A line with no QB is million dollar security system for a 10k house. By glossing over QB, you're essentially just asking for a great car that has no engine.

Browns had an awesome OL for a while, with arguably one of the best all time LTs. That offense did nothing to show for it over the years. Steelers has the best OL in 2018, but didn’t matter if Big Ben is off his game.

QB is the most important position on offense. Everyone can agree with that. OL is always important, but OLs performance is affected by the QB too...Siemians 10-12 step drop backs behind pockets...Keenum scared of a clean pocket. Lynch not even knowing what a pocket is. This isn’t a terrible OL. It’s got questions and holes now though. Paradis in limbo. Leary. Veldheer. Definite need. But QB is more important.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived Drunken.Broncoholic For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
    Browns had an awesome OL for a while, with arguably one of the best all time LTs. That offense did nothing to show for it over the years. Steelers has the best OL in 2018, but didn’t matter if Big Ben is off his game.

QB is the most important position on offense. Everyone can agree with that. OL is always important, but OLs performance is affected by the QB too...Siemians 10-12 step drop backs behind pockets...Keenum scared of a clean pocket. Lynch not even knowing what a pocket is. This isn’t a terrible OL. It’s got questions and holes now though. Paradis in limbo. Leary. Veldheer. Definite need. But QB is more important.
    Thank you. The Saints and Cowboys also have great offensive lines. The Rams rebuilt their OL with a FA LT, developing one guard, and solid but unspectacular play throughout the rest of the line.

The line is important, but the fact that five guys can be great and you can still miss the playoffs (Hi Tennessee) says a lot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Thank you. The Saints and Cowboys also have great offensive lines. The Rams rebuilt their OL with a FA LT, developing one guard, and solid but unspectacular play throughout the rest of the line.

The line is important, but the fact that five guys can be great and you can still miss the playoffs (Hi Tennessee) says a lot.
    Were Aaron Rodgers or Roethlisberger in the playoffs? The argument is dumb. You need both. To discount either side is basically idiotic

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    Trade terms can not be released until after March 13. Sure hope Denver didn't trade much for him. Fangio knows Flacco well so I imagine he played a part in making this happen.
    Kubes apparently played a big role as well. From what I've heard, Fangio only said he could 'work with Flacco'. Kubes was a big proponent though, word has, since he coached him during his one glorious season where he played waaaay above himself.

My interpretation: Fangio played his hand in the game of ego against Elway when he said no to Kubes as OC and his loser assistants...and then he acquiesced on the move to get Flacco, choosing his remaining battles for later. Elway wanted to toss a bone to Kubes after telling him to get lost and won out, thus saving some of his ego and still not having a clue how to make an NFL team and an NFL QB work together as a GM. Plus...Elway and failure QBs with big arms and all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post

How many times was Prescott sacked again?

50+ right?

But stats are everything RIGHT?

Its so, so so much more than JUST QB to fix the Denver offense. Need some synergy.

We could fix everything you want, throw Keenum onto that offense, and still be subpar.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

We could fix everything you want, throw Keenum onto that offense, and still be subpar.
    Not one single person here with any kind of support for Keenum. He stunk. QB was only part of the problem.

That's why I don't understand people making these "either/or" arguments. It's BOTH.

Keenum sucked. The OL sucked. They both sucked. Both QB and OL need dramatic improvement. They also need some TEs in a league that emphasizes pass-catching TEs as the key to many offenses, Denver doesn't have one on the roster.

It's not hard to understand. They need a lot. Not just QB or a change of coach. A Lot on defense too, especially in the secondary where they could use 2 CBs.

15. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That's why I don't understand people making these "either/or" arguments. It's BOTH.

Keenum sucked. The OL sucked. They both sucked. Both QB and OL need dramatic improvement. They also need some TEs in a league that emphasizes pass-catching TEs as the key to many offenses, Denver doesn't have one on the roster.

It's not hard to understand. They need a lot. Not just QB or a change of coach. A Lot on defense too, especially in the secondary where they could use 2 CBs.
    And OC dont forget OC lol

Musgrave was dreadful

You have to put players in the best position to win, a la the scaking down of the Denver offense when TT was starting.

Instead of stubbornly sticking to something (like 3WR sets!) that continually is ineffective and his unwillingness to stick to running the ball, Musgrave was sinking them further into the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    And OC dont forget OC lol

Musgrave was dreadful

You have to put players in the best position to win, a la the scaking down of the Denver offense when TT was starting.

Instead of stubbornly sticking to something (like 3WR sets!) that continually is ineffective and his unwillingness to stick to running the ball, Musgrave was sinking them further into the mud.
    There's no question that Musgrave did not prove himself the next up and coming OC with that performance.

Denver's problem aside from weak pass protection, was that defenses knew Keenum couldn't beat them over the top, so 8 or 9 men in the box to pressure him and tackle the receivers within 10 yards worked perfectly well.

So, they went out to get Flacco who has a more vertical game. He can throw over the top of defenses if they move 8 or 9 guys down into the box. IF you can block for him long enough for him to get off that throw.

On Denver that's a big "IF". As of right now, Flacco will be in a body bag by November 1 if they don't improve the OL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Cug you and I are synergistically eye to eye on this shit

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information