Page 78 of 135 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2012

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I do not, simply because all it will do is piss Flacco off just like taking Jackson in Bmore did. Nothing they stated in their presser gave me a warm fuzzy about taking lock, in fact it was the exact opposite. Its either going to be the biggest swerve by Elway with a middle finger to flacco, or its exactly as it was sold to us. We have our vet, we will draft a later guy to develop and then go from there.
    So basically Elway's gonna screw it up yet again by not doing the smart thing. Awesome... YAY mediocrity....

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Presser showed me 2 things, Joe is mad at Bmore and happy he is in Denver. It also showed me I doubt we draft Lock at 10 or any Qb in rd 1. I would expect a QB in rd 3-5 to develop for a couple years behind Joe, as its pretty clear both he and Elway believe he is the guy for the next couple years. So lets all hope and pray he isn't the same QB we saw the last 5 years or we are going to regret yet again kicking the can down the road to the 2021 or 2022 draft class.
    Well if you believe Denver will take quarterback between rounds 3-5 then there is chance Denver could draft Thorson. So if you think so highly about Thorson then how is that kicking the can down the road?

Btw I got the same feeling about the press conference with Flacco.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    If Lock is there at 10 I expect Elway to get him.
    I'm not sure about that.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So basically Elway's gonna screw it up yet again by not doing the smart thing. Awesome... YAY mediocrity....
    That's assuming the "smart thing" is drafting Lock at #10. Even without Flacco, I don't know that Lock at 10 is the best value. But with Flacco in the fold and improvements to the OL through players and better coaching...the "smart thing" would be to go with BPA.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Come again? Stacked on offense?
    Joe flacco, Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton who apparently is already the second coming of DT, A healthy sanders(what Achilles tear did that happen?), A great student of the game in Hamilton, a Much improved OL, an absolute stud OL coach.....I mean that seems stacked to me....Don't know why fans would be pessimistic at all.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Come again? Stacked on offense?
    Joe flacco, Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton who apparently is already the second coming of DT, A healthy sanders(what Achilles tear did that happen?), A great student of the game in Hamilton, a Much improved OL, an absolute stud OL coach.....I mean that seems stacked to me....Don't know why fans would be pessimistic at all.....
    I firmly believe that COULD be the case but the Broncos offense needs to show me a whole lot first before i can label them. Cant get much worse.

Flacco on the same offense a year ago would have been a difference maker, Case was so timid.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Well if you believe Denver will take quarterback between rounds 3-5 then there is chance Denver could draft Thorson. So if you think so highly about Thorson then how is that kicking the can down the road?

To me there is about 4 prospects that could be developed into starting caliber QB's in that 3-5 rd. range, The key is if Elway takes one of them....I am hoping and believing he does, but I'm not convinced either he wont take a guy like the kid from Washington St, and think with scags we have the next Nick Mullens. That is a Trevor 2.0 move lol, which is kicking the can.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    That's assuming the "smart thing" is drafting Lock at #10. Even without Flacco, I don't know that Lock at 10 is the best value. But with Flacco in the fold and improvements to the OL through players and better coaching...the "smart thing" would be to go with BPA.
    I think were going to try and trade back now, unless Devin white falls or we love Oliver or Wilkins at DT or Hockenson at TE. I think Lock is out of the picture in rd 1.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post

To me there is about 4 prospects that could be developed into starting caliber QB's in that 3-5 rd. range, The key is if Elway takes one of them....I am hoping and believing he does, but I'm not convinced either he wont take a guy like the kid from Washington St, and think with scags we have the next Nick Mullens. That is a Trevor 2.0 move lol, which is kicking the can.
    Brett Rypien!

Adopted Bronco:

On paper today...with the absence of pessimism or optimism...would we prefer NE's offense to Denver's? Sure, the QB factor is a big thing, but NE lost their best offensive lineman and we just added a very good one, in addition to the best OL coach. We have two young, talented receivers to go with a solid veteran. The patriots brought in a one dimensional receiver in Bruce Ellington and signed Matt LaCosse because they have no clue if Gronk will retire or not. Worst case, this could be seen as a wash, but if Sutton and Hamilton improve, I think we are in better shape overall

On defense, I think it's an even bigger difference. NE brought back McCourty, traded for Michael Bennet and signed John SImon and Mike Pennel, but do they replace the production of Calyborn, Flowers and Malcolm Brown? WHereas Denver added two top 10 corners to create more time for the best pass rushing duo to do more damage and have a defensive guru as their head coach. And what if we're able to draft Devin White and a plug and play right guard like Chris Lindstrom next month?

The whole point is that love or hatred for Flacco aside, the team has certainly improved. Not only by way of the talent on the field, but also due to the coaches that are in place to maximize that talent. So, I think there is plenty of room for optimism. I get that Flacco doesn't come with the name Brady or Rogers or Mahomes on the back of his jersey. But it also doesn't say Siemian, Sanchez or Keenum, either. With the defense we could have this year, along with improved line play and a stout running game, the only thing we should need is an average Flacco year and we'll be just fine.

14. The Following 8 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I think were going to try and trade back now, unless Devin white falls or we love Oliver or Wilkins at DT or Hockenson at TE. I think Lock is out of the picture in rd 1.
    I guess that also assumes we find someone that wants to trade up. I also see Oliver and Wilkins as straight up 3 tech DT's. Neither really has much experience as a 5 tech and while Oliver played a lot of 0 tech at Houston, he was sorely played out of position his whole time there. Right now I think White would have to be the best case scenario with Hockenson a very good plan B...that we could trade back a few spots and still get if he's available at 10.

16. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

VJ gone is the best offseason improvement

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I guess that also assumes we find someone that wants to trade up. I also see Oliver and Wilkins as straight up 3 tech DT's. Neither really has much experience as a 5 tech and while Oliver played a lot of 0 tech at Houston, he was sorely played out of position his whole time there. Right now I think White would have to be the best case scenario with Hockenson a very good plan B...that we could trade back a few spots and still get if he's available at 10.
    Maybe Miami or Washington....who knows how the Rosen thing will shake out though. We also could have a team want to trade up for Oliver if he is at 10 for us.....or maybe if sweat makes it to 10.....lot of wildcards....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

You can't just keep kicking the QB can down the road forever. We've been kicking that can for a long freaking time now...

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Any quarterback that is taken that range probably would stop Denver from taking a quarterback next year even if drafts one that you like.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information