Page 74 of 135 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2012

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    He isn't wrong here though PFT has the comments and Its pretty bad if they feel that way about Flacco....Its probably just GM speak, at least I hope so, but its the kind of comments that could mean a new deal for Flacco, which would probably give me a stroke lol
    John Elway comments on KOA interview: https://koanewsradio.iheart.com/cont...o-free-agents/

On Flacco:

I like his ability, he's 34 years old coming into his prime. He has had a lot of success. He's a better athlete than people think, he can move around. He brings the total package.

On Juwon James:

He solidifies our right tackle position. He's very athletic. He'll continue to get better. We have an anchor at right tackle for at least the next 5 years. He's a physical guy. He'll be a good guy in the locker room.

On the free agent process:

Free agency takes care of big holes so we aren't chasing players in the draft. With the draft picks we have we can take best player available.

Previously they had a brief interview with John Harbaugh and his comments on Flacco:

The Broncos are getting a hard worker. He's a strong competitor, a guy who loves football. He can throw the ball. He fits the broncos offense really well. he's got plenty left. He is deceptively mobile.
    Another interview he says the same thing.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-a...for-Joe-Flacco
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 03-14-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Fangio is the equalizer here, no more VJ bullshit and he alone would have been the differwnce the last two years. I cannot emphasize how badly i believe he dragged this team down. And yes, Elway has to answer for that, and after this coming Season i believe he has.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Elway was 37 when he won his first. Brady just won one at 41. Manning was 39 when he won with the Broncos.

Not saying Flacco is going to do the same, but having an experienced QB who has been successful in this league is valuable, and "being in your prime" means you're a student of the game and you've seen just about everything a defense can throw at you while still possessing the physical abilities to preform.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Elway was 37 when he won his first. Brady just won one at 41. Manning was 39 when he won with the Broncos.

Not saying Flacco is going to do the same, but having an experienced QB who has been successful in this league is valuable, and "being in your prime" means you're a student of the game and you've seen just about everything a defense can throw at you.
    Joe stop talking logically wtf is your problem anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    God I love doctor Cox, best tv doctor of all time.

8. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Yeah but he is just short term. And really wish him nothing but the best during his time here.
    May Day and Spring Fever!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Yeah but he is just short term. And really wish him nothing but the best during his time here.
    Some people think that all Denver ever does is move from one short term quarterback to another.

11. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Joe stop talking logically wtf is your problem anyway
    that's a complicated question. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Not saying Flacco is going to do the same, but having an experienced QB who has been successful in this league is valuable, and "being in your prime" means you're a student of the game and you've seen just about everything a defense can throw at you while still possessing the physical abilities to preform.

I get your point about age. However, the evidence the last 4-5 years supports exactly the opposite. It shows a declining player, with mediocre production, who hasn't played very well at all the last 5 years. I see nothing about Flacco the last 5 years that shows he is in his Prime. Its worrisome that Elway said this, but I think its just GM speak, if he does believe it were in trouble because we could see something stupid like a 3 year extension before the season or something and be in trouble long term yet again....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Bronco Joe is just coming into his prime!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Presser at 4ET 2MT

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

"I'm the Guy."

I love his mentality im sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    "I'm the Guy."

I love his mentality im sold.
    I'm gonna have to see some actual play before I'm sold...Keenum said and did all the right things when he got here too, that didn't transform him from a mediocre QB into the guy for the job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So if Flacco is “just coming into his prime” maybe they should sign Steve DeBerg to mentor him.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Inc.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 1.06.14 PM.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	13842

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information