Page 69 of 135 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2012

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I clearly said no one may have said that here which acknowledges the fact that it hasn't been directly stated on these boards. Not sure how that's ambiguous...
    Well I saw it as ambiguous because of the way sentence ends. It wasn't a criticism.

2. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Well I saw it as ambiguous because of the way sentence ends. It wasn't a criticism.
    Fair enough. Was going to jokingly pop off about investing in flashy neon signs going forward, but did a quick edit because I wasn't sure it would be taken as a joke.

4. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I get that and I'm not actually bashing flacco. Simply correcting Shazam's notion that no one considered him a middling QB previously. He's viewed as a middle of the pack QB.

I wouldn't call him a vast improvement over case because frankly, the math doesn't add up there. Their numbers statistically are very similar, but he is an improvement due to arm strength and marginally better decision making.

He will also have better coaching this year which would have benefited both of them this year.
    Keenum was rated at the bottom of the league last year. If I recall the only QBs worse were rookies on bad teams.

If Flacco can be middling it will be a VAST improvement regardless of historical stats. Case was not middling last year, period.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Keenum was rated at the bottom of the league last year. If I recall the only QBs worse were rookies on bad teams.

If Flacco can be middling it will be a VAST improvement regardless of historical stats. Case was not middling last year, period.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC5468A4-3F2F-418A-ABC6-9457F7730230.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	13823
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

Again.... IF FLACCO CAN BE MIDDLING.

Did I say he's worlds better? Did I make any claim to the sort?

I said IF HE CAN BE MIDDLING it will be a vast improvement.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I have to put a * next to Keenum.

Stats are for people who didnt watch the game. Stats are deceiving. They are not the be all end all.

Keenums stats aren't too bad... unless you watched any of thw games last year.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

If your auntie had balls she would be your uncle

11. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I was pretty sure they were statically the same last year, but I was too lazy today to check. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Only if she wanted to be. She can identify however she wants.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Did you just assume my aunt's gender?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I was pretty sure they were statically the same last year, but I was too lazy today to check. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.
    The point I'm trying to make that is getting twisted into me saying Flacco is the son of an Elway/Favre/Marino test tube is that people keep beating a "he's a middling QB" drum and I'm saying I PRAY he's middling because middle would be a MASSIVE improvement over where we were.

I'm not saying he is, was, will be, etc.... but if we get AVERAGE QB production it would be a ridiculously huge improvement.

Again.... IF FLACCO CAN BE MIDDLING.

Did I say he's worlds better? Did I make any claim to the sort?

I said IF HE CAN BE MIDDLING it will be a vast improvement.
    I think the point mo is getting at though, statistically they've been the same. Most QBs don't just magically improve upon their historical average. Keenum and flacco have been statistically very similar over the last three years. Flacco also leads the league for the last three seasons I'm passes thrown shorter than the first down markers.

All that has to be taken into account before flacco is considered a "vast improvement" on paper, it's marginal at best. How much of an improvement he'll be is entirely dependent on his level of play this year and that obviously is yet to be seen.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I think the point mo is getting at though, statistically they've been the same. Most QBs don't just magically improve upon their historical average. Keenum and flacco have been statistically very similar over the last three years. Flacco also leads the league for the last three seasons I'm passes thrown shorter than the first down markers.

All that has to be taken into account before flacco is considered a "vast improvement" on paper, it's marginal at best. How much of an improvement he'll be is entirely dependent on his level of play this year and that obviously is yet to be seen.
    Everyone knows that... you said he's "middling" I said middling would be an improvement.

If he's not an improvement then he's not "middling" he's a bottom dweller.

19. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The point I'm trying to make that is getting twisted into me saying Flacco is the son of an Elway/Favre/Marino test tube is that people keep beating a "he's a middling QB" drum and I'm saying I PRAY he's middling because middle would be a MASSIVE improvement over where we were.

I'm not saying he is, was, will be, etc.... but if we get AVERAGE QB production it would be a ridiculously huge improvement.
    I wasn’t trying to hammer you or say you weren’t aware of Flacco’s performance last year which led to his benching, I was just putting it out there that he wasn’t middling last year, he was bad. I agree, I’d love to see a middling quarterback (Joe Flacco from five years ago).

I’m just not doing this thing again where I get excited about shit quarterback play.

The hope here is that Flacco realizes this is his tryout and he flashes some of what he was five years ago.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I wasn’t trying to hammer you or say you weren’t aware of Flacco’s performance last year which led to his benching, I was just putting it out there that he wasn’t middling last year, he was bad. I agree, I’d love to see a middling quarterback (Joe Flacco from five years ago).

I’m just not doing this thing again where I get excited about shit quarterback play.

The hope here is that Flacco realizes this is his tryout and he flashes some of what he was five years ago.
    I'm not even a little excited about Flacco. I hope this year goes like his last. I hope we draft a guy that winds up taking his job (either through play or not) and he gets to watch the rookie lead a playoff drive.

But if he can be middle of the road it'll be a big improvement.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information