Page 38 of 135 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Abert Breer wrote a pretty decent article defending the move:

https://amp.si.com/nfl/2019/02/14/jo...-odell-beckham

Personally, I don't really like the move because it's stupid or too risky or anything, I just don't like and/or have faith in Joe Flacco. If the ultimate calculus comes down to "well, this was really just Thomas for Flacco", I'd rather keep Thomas.
    I like Breer's take. To put it into perspective, since 2012 we've drafted Omar Bolden, Philip Blake, Max Garcia, Devonte Booker, Josey Jewell and DaeSean Hamilton with our 4th round draft picks. We rarely even HAVE 4th round picks because we typically trade them off.

With keenum, we've gotta act now. We HAVE to draft a QB because we won't have one in 2020. With Flacco, we've got a lot of options. We can draft someone this year if we choose, draft someone next year, ect... We aren't on the hook for anything so if he doesn't work out, we could cut him the day after we sign him with zero penalty.

It's a very low risk move, worst case scenario we're missing out on the next Devontae Booker lol...

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's a very low risk move, worst case scenario we're missing out on the next Devontae Booker lol...
    Darren Sproles was a 4th rounder. Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Darren Sproles was a 4th rounder. Just sayin'.
    John Elway didn't draft Darren Sproles, that's the point I'm making is based on our draft history.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

John Elway didn't draft Darren Sproles, that's the point I'm making is based on our draft history.
    Thom was a 6th rounder.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

But our draft history, like most organizations, has been a mixed bag. Last years draft was actually pretty damn decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

But our draft history, like most organizations, has been a mixed bag. Last years draft was actually pretty damn decent.
    Even last year the jury is still out on Jewel and Hamilton. It looks a heck of a lot better than past 4th rounds though. Last year's draft is the only talent we've found in the 4th round since 2012.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I hate flacco but its a 4th rd pick. Kapri Bibbs! went for a 5th. Like who the f cares. Its a 4th round pick.
    Umm if used correctly 4th rounders are pretty good. See Brandon Marshall and Doom in the same draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

My whole beef with this trade, is not that we picked up Joe. Is that Elway once again got fleeced in a trade. Everybody in the entire league knew that Flacco is out. Yet somehow we decided to give an early Third Day pick up for the guy. Now people are saying we can't get even a seventh-rounder out of case because why everyone in the league knows he's available. Same situation case actually out played Joe last year and yet we're sitting here acting like 4th rounders don't matter. That's my issue

10. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

So maybe Keenum between the sticks and Joe in the Red Zone?
    This is a bad joke Frey, very bad.

12. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Let's be honest, Elway probably needs as much ammo as possible, and we're also spending more money on QB than just about any team in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    This is a bad joke Frey, very bad.
    Glad you enjoyed it. We all know keenum doesn't make it to the red zone.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    My whole beef with this trade, is not that we picked up Joe. Is that Elway once again got fleeced in a trade. Everybody in the entire league knew that Flacco is out. Yet somehow we decided to give an early Third Day pick up for the guy. Now people are saying we can't get even a seventh-rounder out of case because why everyone in the league knows he's available. Same situation case actually out played Joe last year and yet we're sitting here acting like 4th rounders don't matter. That's my issue
    If Elway had waited until Flacco was released and then tried to sign him, there would have been guarantees in the contract. As it is, we have Flacco locked up for three years with zero ramifications if it doesn't work out and we release him. Any free agent QB would have come with guaranteed money and cap ramifications, that alone makes it worth giving up a pick in my viewpoint. I have been hearing on the radio that there may very well be a market for Keenum, albeit for a low round pick, but if it clears the cap space, it is worth it. If we are unable to trade Keenum and release him, he will end up signing elsewhere at least in a back up role. If he is released and signs elsewhere, whatever he signs for would be deducted from the 7 miil guarantee left on his Bronco deal lessening the cap hit.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived Fire Bronc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, im beginning to feel better about it after a couple of days. I know that Flacco isnt the long term plan and i know no rookie coming out is going to be a sure fire thing this year so i can live with it. The biggest pluses right now is that VJ and Keenum are gone so im still a happy camper at this point.
    We need a signal caller and he's more experienced than Keenum, who was inaccurate and didn't make good decisions, which isn't a good combo. I'm not a Flacco fan and thing he was overrated before he got old, but he's probably the best option the Broncos had for '19. I hope they draft a QB for 2020.

19. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

We can still hire a whale to poop on Flacco and drown him in feces before he does it to us! Who's in?

On a serious note:

Some say Flacco is better. Big arm, spread the field - can throw anywhere; SB; leadership; experience; poise; vision...well; looks like I ran out of positives.

Some counter with immobile; the NFL has completely countered his arm; since an arm without a winner guiding it still sucks; one month of blacking out in 2013 does not make a career of note (more like a footnote); busting balls is not leadership and he is not willing to go an extra inch to even spend time after practice with his receivers; 'experience' is meaningless when that experience is that of a loser; does poise mean 'apathetic'?; by vision, do you mean sub-par completion and TD/ INT percentage?

All I say is that we're left with 7 million less and another clown, but this clown is extremely broken and has a track records of being a ***** that doesn't play well with others. No one. No one at all misses him in Baltimore. Isn't that enough of a resume?

I assume we're going to make the playoffs, because of Elway's coaching choices and I'm a homer. But we may not because Elway chose to give up 7 mil in cap space to change out clowns. That's close to what we could pay for Mosley. WTF? I know we could still get him but who will we miss out on because we paid him?

Ultimately, we won't win the SB, so all that's left is that 4th round draft pick we lost and what Fangio and his staff of skillomancers could have done with it...or it's trade value to move up and grab our real QB (Don't quibble over details. If we wouldn't trade that pick, it is one of the ones we would have left after trading the 1rst, 2nd, and 3rd rounders).

Keenum can move and is among the best in the NFL at play action pass but I got tired of having to watch our WRs run backwards to catch his passes. Flacco is a statuesque illusion of a QB that will get broken this year and leave us with nothing...Was any of this worth the drama? Couldn't we have saved the 7 mil and sucked it up?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information