Page 109 of 135 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2012

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I still fall back on the Ravens handling of last year. They would have rather gone with a QB that can't really throw instead of Flacco. Argue all you want about athleticism, I just can't get around it.

He may be better than Keenum, but is dog shit better to clean up than dog vomit? :shrugs:

Careful now, those comments mean you expect Denver to fail...slippery slope your on
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Ashley Lelie would truly complete the team
    Lol, I had to Google this dude.... He played during my semi hiatus from following the nfl during my early army days

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Ashley Lelie would truly complete the team
    Lol, I had to Google this dude.... He played during my semi hiatus from following the nfl during my early army days
    Lelie had terrible hands. So many big drops.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

5. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Who was the guy we had nicknamed "The Claw"? Cant remember but it was funny.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Good thing I am not wallowing in negativity I’m pretty happy with the coaching staff and the fact we want to fix the defense said as much in various posts....Just don’t like the QB.

See I have yet to actually be all doom and gloom about Denver and our prospects for next year. It just shouldn't be a big deal I really don’t like the QB....There is a implication I am doom and gloom and thinking 3-13 and you haven’t even seen Flacco play blah blah blah.

That’s a narrative that is believed but I haven’t created. It’s a figment of people’s imagination because for every post about my dislike and hate for Flacco there is another post praising the defense the coaches as well as staying pretty level headed about the draft.....

Let’s also be clear on my hate, because it’s clear some read that literally. Which is fine. I Fan hate Flacco and what I mean by that is the 2012 playoff game, the talk he was some epic franchise QB when really he got lucky his whole 2012 run. That’s fine we enjoyed quite a bit of luck in our last SB run. Since then he has been a avg QB for whatever reasons people want to believe. In that aspect I dislike him as a QB talent. I should have a right to that opinion since there is substance to why one would feel that way about him.

That being said I hope the dude enjoys Denver, his family enjoys Denver, he balls out and proves me wrong, I have stated this quite a bit as well. So while I have made comments on almost a daily basis about disliking or hating him the narrative that I have some crazy vitriol and doom and gloom mentality isn’t really correct.
    Maybe it just comes across that way with the words you use.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I got you elevation.

Support the Broncos, support the qb, be optimistic. Whilst concurrently finding our QB situation uninspiring and verbalising your opinion. Easy.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Lelie had terrible hands. So many big drops.
    I met him when I worked at a bowling alley in High school. He was not very good at bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    That is Darius Watts that you are thinking of. He literally had a claw from a bad car accident that left his hand numb and disfigured. Great WR, but he couldnt catch because of that accident.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yeah, he was who I wanted to reference, but I couldn't remember his name, so I went with Lelie. Good times.

14. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Maybe it just comes across that way with the words you use.

That’s why I’m using dislike now instead of hate
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

16. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    That’s why I’m using dislike now instead of hate
    I hope that works out better for you.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

That is Darius Watts that you are thinking of. He literally had a claw from a bad car accident that left his hand numb and disfigured. Great WR, but he couldnt catch because of that accident.
    Don't think I ever saw that phrase in my life when describing a wide receivers skills. LOL

19. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Don't think I ever saw that phrase in my life when describing a wide receivers skills. LOL
    I saw that and had to do a double take.

21. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

UR has special talent. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

23. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I still fall back on the Ravens handling of last year. They would have rather gone with a QB that can't really throw instead of Flacco. Argue all you want about athleticism, I just can't get around it.

He may be better than Keenum, but is dog shit better to clean up than dog vomit? :shrugs:
    Flacco lost his job because he was injured. By the time he recovered they had changed the entire offense to suit Lamar Jackson with RPO crap. No way Flacco could run that offense. They couldn't just change it back. So, they decided to just roll with it.

Flacco hadn't gotten the team to the playoffs in several years so they weren't sacrificing much. Jackson was obviously the future of the team since they used a first rounder on him. They needed to get him experience anyway so they kept using him.

Now they are working like mad to try and develop his passing abilities.

But, none of this means that Flacco is just terrible. He was actually playing well last year until he was hurt.

61% completion, 12 TDs, 6 Ints in 9 games, and 2465 yards passing, 274 yds/game and an 82 passer rating. He was 10th in the league in passing yards per game, 6th in INT%.

Not elite, not top 10, but a decent performance. Certainly a LOT better than Case Keenum who was 20th in yds/game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

You know it'll be an interesting narrative if John becomes. The second brother that dumped a successful veteran quarterback for an Uber athletic project and fails. But I am a huge fan of this coaching staff. And I know that they haven't performed at this level if you will everybody's taking a step up from where they've had success. I'm a huge fan of the defensive staff. We all remember the good that Donatell did when he was here. And Vic fangio's record speaks for itself. But I'm really excited to see what the new offensive coordinator can do with this young offensive talent that we have. And what Munchak does with the line. I mean you look and you've really put together a quality staff which was the joke with Vance Joseph.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information