Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2012

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Denver will end up with Haskins anyway...so just be patient.
    I see no way he makes it past Oakland and the Giants to us.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Until next year when he enters his prime

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I see no way he makes it past Oakland and the Giants to us.....
    I don't think Oakland or NYG will draft him. The more I read, the less I think he'll go anywhere in the top nine. If he's there at 10, there's no way Elway passes on him.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

5. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Drew Lock please.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I don't think Oakland or NYG will draft him. The more I read, the less I think he'll go anywhere in the top nine. If he's there at 10, there's no way Elway passes on him.
    I hope your right, but he just killed his pro day as well....so I'm not so sure...

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

I dont think the Raiders will draft a QB early...and I have my doubts about NYG drafting one as well. That said, if Haskins there at 8 or 9, I can absolutely see the Redskins trading up for him. And maybe that's Elway's ploy. Bluff your interest in the top QB's and get teams to trade up for those QB's and increase the chances White or someone else will be there at 10.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I'm glad the rams took him, because in Denver he would be sold as the next future superstar entering his prime, when flacco goes 8-9 or 9-7. Then we would go into the draft with a unlikely shot at the top Qb's in the draft but Bortles on the payroll. This would lead to many in Denver raising Bortles onto the new middling Journeyman QB pedestal That exists in Denver as Bortles becomes the new future despite showing zero evidence he can be said type of QB. Then the cycle continues. The plus side to having Bortles is after being sold that rubbish we may get a bad enough record to draft Lawrence in 2021....But then we would just bypass him for Ryan Tanehill entering his prime as the next big FA.....
    You really think Denver fans will be happy with another fading journeyman QB who's been cut from his team if Flacco flames out?

No. If the team goes 7-9 with Flacco, they can just cut ties with him, or keep him around. Either way they draft a QB, because there will be nothing left to try.

Elway has explained his position. He says that you can't just draft a QB who's ready-made, you have to have a system and a roster in place for him to succeed. So, he's doing that first. He's rebuilding the roster with FAs and the draft first, and then finding the QB later.

Assuming Joe Flacco doesn't become a 4 year starter for the Broncos which is what Elway thinks is going to happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    So just to clarify. It is your assertion that Snead had nothing to do with picking either player and that the Rams were better with Fisher than they are with the guy who has orchestrated one of the most dramatic 2 year turnarounds in nfl history?
    No because Fischer had complete control over franchise back when they selected Gurley and Donald. They tanked for 5 years to get those picks. Les Snead would occasionally get a pick, like when he picked Tavon Austin or other offensive players.

Not much of a turnaround when you were never trying to win in the first place.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lol, they’re going to re-sign Hogan. Cue Shane meltdown:
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You really think Denver fans will be happy with another fading journeyman QB who's been cut from his team if Flacco flames out?

No. If the team goes 7-9 with Flacco, they can just cut ties with him, or keep him around. Either way they draft a QB, because there will be nothing left to try.

Elway has explained his position. He says that you can't just draft a QB who's ready-made, you have to have a system and a roster in place for him to succeed. So, he's doing that first. He's rebuilding the roster with FAs and the draft first, and then finding the QB later.

Assuming Joe Flacco doesn't become a 4 year starter for the Broncos which is what Elway thinks is going to happen.

Um did you miss my sarcasm or something

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

15. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

I don't recall Elway saying that about Flacco being a four year starter. His contract as it stand right now only has three years left on it.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-21-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    No because Fischer had complete control over franchise back when they selected Gurley and Donald. They tanked for 5 years to get those picks. Les Snead would occasionally get a pick, like when he picked Tavon Austin or other offensive players.

Not much of a turnaround when you were never trying to win in the first place.
    Dude I defend you when you get trolled. But this is ridiculous. The Rams were a hot dumpster fire under Fisher. Nick Foles just got a big deal Fisher made him look like a piece of trash. Case Keenum got jobs elsewhere Fisher made him look like a piece of trash Jared Goff was a bust after 1 year under Fisher he now is one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL. Todd Gurley look like a bust under Fisher guess who made him look good again.

18. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Dude I defend you when you get trolled. But this is ridiculous. The Rams were a hot dumpster fire under Fisher. Nick Foles just got a big deal Fisher made him look like a piece of trash. Case Keenum got jobs elsewhere Fisher made him look like a piece of trash Jared Goff was a bust after 1 year under Fisher he now is one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL. Todd Gurley look like a bust under Fisher guess who made him look good again.
    I agree about Fischer but he's the only common denominator. Foles got better in Philly. Keenum played well in Minnesota. McVey can coach but he doesn't get credit for all of it

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Lol, they’re going to re-sign Hogan. Cue Shane meltdown:
    I can hear the crying from here. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I can hear the crying from here. . .
    It's deafening.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information