Page 77 of 135 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2012

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Denver's back up situation isn't exactly awe inspiring. Grayson? Hogan? Or it would probably be someone like McCown if he was to play. No sense in that IMO.

If they were to pass on Lock and get a talented prospect like Rypien im ok with that cuz i like both. They def gonna take a QB tho and Elway was very high on Lock. I don'T expect him there but if he is that changes everything.
    I think they will have Grayson and a draft pick battle for number 2 and if they don't like what they see, they will go get cheap FA for the year to back-up Flacco. I also think Hogan is a FA but I could be wrong
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    His delivery I don't agree with, but the take itself isn't wrong and is actually probably correct. Elway wanted a vet with playoff experience, It worked with Peyton and He thinks he can replicate that with Flacco as evidenced by his comments Flacco is in his Prime.
    What should he have said? Flacco is old and I don't think he has it anymore?

3. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

Oh don't get me wrong I am probably one of the few on this board that loves Cugel's exacerbated takes on issues we see eye to eye on...In this case I agree with him, but would have sold it with a little less exacerbation lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

You were talking Elway...lol not Cugel....lol...well

Elway shouldn't try and sell the fan base a guy is in his prime and just getting going, when he hasn't been good for the last 4-5 years. I can handle the...."he has won playoff games and a SB so were hoping he can bring stability to the QB position for us". That I would have been okay with.....Don't agree, but would have bought it a bit better...But Flacco coming into his prime, F' that he hasn't shown even close to that in the last few years.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Yes sir.
    Ah, in that case I understand.

I use only the 24 hr clock when planning anything or writing, but will use phrases like half three in verbal discussions.

7. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Ah, in that case I understand.

I use only the 24 hr clock when planning anything or writing, but will use phrases like half three in verbal discussions.
    I've never said "half three" unless I meant 1.5. Come to think of it, I've never said "half three".

Does that mean 3:30 as in three and a half, or 2:30 as in half between 2 and 3?

9. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

You were talking Elway...lol not Cugel....lol...well

Elway shouldn't try and sell the fan base a guy is in his prime and just getting going, when he hasn't been good for the last 4-5 years. I can handle the...."he has won playoff games and a SB so were hoping he can bring stability to the QB position for us". That I would have been okay with.....Don't agree, but would have bought it a bit better...But Flacco coming into his prime, F' that he hasn't shown even close to that in the last few years.
    I think it's all GM speak and everyone is reading way too much into it. I can't speak for Joe, but I can certainly say my mid 30s were my physical prime. I'm stronger now than I was then, but literally every other physical attribute was better then than at any other point in my life. Speed, stamina, explosiveness, etc.

So is it really far fetched to say he's coming into his prime? I don't think it is, especially when you look at how long he's had off, he missed half the year last season so he should be in the best shape he's been for a long time.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I think it's all GM speak and everyone is reading way too much into it. I can't speak for Joe, but I can certainly say my mid 30s were my physical prime. I'm stronger now than I was then, but literally every other physical attribute was better then than at any other point in my life. Speed, stamina, explosiveness, etc.

So is it really far fetched to say he's coming into his prime? I don't think it is, especially when you look at how long he's had off, he missed half the year last season so he should be in the best shape he's been for a long time.

It is far fetched because its pretty much known for the most part in football that age 30 is the backside of a players career(the majority not always but the majority)..... I get QB's last longer but to me Flacco's prime was after he signed that huge deal, and he proceeded to do jack squat with it. Those were his prime years, so it shouldn't surprise people that some are cautious were being sold a can of rubbish. He should have been in the best shape of his career during and after his SB run, but proceeded to be a middling player moving forward.

I will give you he should be in the best shape his 34 year old self will allow given his recovery from injury, but that doesn't mean anything for Denver long term.....it simply means he was injured, he is 34, he hasn't played well in 5 years, he is now the guy in Denver, Elway and him believe he is in his prime so the fans apparently need to buy in.....rubbish if you ask me....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

PM best year was 2013 FTR
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

PM best year was 2013 FTR
    I know, we haven't had good QB play in Denver since then....its a constant sell to the fan base the next middling talent we trot out will be the guy....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

To say Flacco hasnt played well in years is more to that tale that can be told. The whole Ray Rice debacle didnt exactly help their offense, lack of talent at the core positions is the major reason looking at the big picture i think. DT and ES are like world beaters in comparison.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I've never said "half three" unless I meant 1.5. Come to think of it, I've never said "half three".

Does that mean 3:30 as in three and a half, or 2:30 as in half between 2 and 3?
    Three thirty...... In other words 1530 hrs

16. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

To say Flacco hasnt played well in years is more to that tale that can be told. The whole Ray Rice debacle didnt exactly help their offense, lack of talent at the core positions is the major reason looking at the big picture i think. DT and ES are like world beaters in comparison.
    I guess we will find out since were supposedly stacked on offense.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

idk bout stacked but with a true Running game is a QB best friend. He can make all the throws downfield and wont be afraid to throw. Keenum was scared to death of more INTS he was like a little girl by midseason

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Come again? Stacked on offense?

20. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information