Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

Jeeze man... so do we really have keenum and flacco now? This is ridiculous

2. The Following User High Fived Denver27og For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Denver27og View Post
    Jeeze man... so do we really have keenum and flacco now? This is ridiculous
    ck is as good as gone
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

So the Eagles per Ian Rapport have notified Foles that he's not going to be franchise tagged. He's going to hit free agency. I wouldn't even slightly be shocked if we signed him and cut Flacco (which we can do with zero cap penalty) It'll basically be like we traded a 4th rounder for Nick Foles.

5. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

I would. I dont like Flacco but I do not like foles either. The one thing that flacco does that foles does not which is the one thing that Scangs wants is to push the ball downfield. CK couldnt. Foles can but not like flacco.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I’d take Foles over what we have.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So the Eagles per Ian Rapport have notified Foles that he's not going to be franchise tagged. He's going to hit free agency. I wouldn't even slightly be shocked if we signed him and cut Flacco (which we can do with zero cap penalty) It'll basically be like we traded a 4th rounder for Nick Foles.
    He's going to need guaranteed money. We'd likely be making him QBOTF - granted Elway has never seen a QB over 6'4" that he didn't love, but the smart thing to do would be to get a QB on a rookie contract with more time to grow with the organization for cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I would. I dont like Flacco but I do not like foles either. The one thing that flacco does that foles does not which is the one thing that Scangs wants is to push the ball downfield. CK couldnt. Foles can but not like flacco.
    Foles is younger though and could be a longer term solution.

12. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Foles is younger though and could be a longer term solution.

He could be. I just do not have any faith in him. I really think he is like CK. Fools gold. That does not mean that I think Flacco is better or anything like that. The best thing going for us with Flacco is he is old and sucks. So sooner than later we will be done with him. Foles, imo, wherever he lands would be a long term QB with a big contract, and dead money. I do not want that to be us. IMO he is not a franchise QB.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Fole's Gold.

He was very average last year as a starter. He needed a deflected FG to win a playoff game against Chicago, and then did nothing in the second half in his playoff loss. He's always been an up-and-down QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I would, then Elway just gave up a 4th round pick for nothing.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-27-2019 at 06:24 PM.

18. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Fole's Gold.

He was very average last year as a starter. He needed a deflected FG to win a playoff game against Chicago, and then did nothing in the second half in his playoff loss. He's always been an up-and-down QB.
    I would have high fived this if you would have put the apostrophe in the correct spot.

20. The Following 7 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I would, then Elway just up a 4th round pick for nothing.
    It would be no different than if we had traded for foles...

22. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I would have high fived this if you would have put the apostrophe in the correct spot.
    Grammar smack is the weakest of smack... but ya, it's foles' king....

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    He's going to need guaranteed money. We'd likely be making him QBOTF - granted Elway has never seen a QB over 6'4" that he didn't love, but the smart thing to do would be to get a QB on a rookie contract with more time to grow with the organization for cheaper.
    See Rypien, Brett

Oh yeah
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Flacco has the best deep ball in football. Period.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information