Page 46 of 135 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

OL and "ghosts"!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    No one is making excuses for Case. That DT throw even Simien could have made. Taht will define him.

That was the beginning of the end of my opinion of him from a long term standpoint.....but i still really do believe he was screwed over by a coaching staff trying to make him a player he isn’t and having no idea how to identify our strengths on offense.....the OL needs to be addressed but it wasn’t as bad as people think nor as good as the stats seem to indicate.....the reason for this is the overall situational play of our line.....that was my biggest concern with them....the dumb holding call on a 3rd and 5, or the sack allowed on a 3rd and 2, followed by a 20 yd completion, 20 yd gain on the ground then back to back sacks or penalties.....just inconsistent and bad situationally...munchak should help address a lot of that though....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

3. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    OL and "ghosts"!!!!
    Slim, is it not possible that someone can be below average - AND have a bad line and see "ghosts" ?

I don't know why the lack of talent can't be accompanied with other factors, and those factors acknowledged.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Slim, is it not possible that someone can be below average - AND have a bad line and see "ghosts" ?

I don't know why the lack of talent can't be accompanied with other factors, and those factors acknowledged.
    Of course it’s possible. But Denver didn’t have a bad line, so .
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Of course it’s possible. But Denver didn’t have a bad line, so .
    when?

Last year was the best our line has been since Manning's first year when Clady was still a baller

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    when?

Last year was the best our line has been since Manning's first year when Clady was still a baller
    I don’t really know which year we’re talking about, I guess. Siemian’s line wasn’t good, but neither was he. The quarterback being not good is a far bigger problem than the offensive line not being good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    OL and "ghosts"!!!!
    Cool, you've proven he's a bad QB. We already knew that. We're simply saying that he started seeing ghosts and it compounded an already apparent issue. Hope you feel better now that you've gotten that out of your system.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Yeah, Keenum stepping into sacks has nothing to do with it. Nor does holding onto the ball too long, either. It's not like terrible QB play can't hurt blocking, or that good QB play can't make OL deficiencies. It's not like teams could cheat on defense because the QB has the arm of a middle school boy. It's not like Keenum didn't botch plenty of plays when blocking did hold up, or cause holding penalties by not just holding onto the ball too long/stepping up on sacks, but by missing wide open players.

You could give Keenum whatever line in the NFL you want and it wouldn't have mattered. Bad QB's are bad. And one of the big selling points for CK was that in the year prior he had a bad line and was productive against pressure.

Meanwhile, you could swap him with just about any top half QB and magically the line would have looked markedly superior.
    I guess, with the singular view point of dislike for the qbs we have had, its easy to overlook all the other offensive issues we have and point to just the QB.

Keenum isnt great, some would say isnt even good, but our TE's and WR's, sans sanders, cant get separation to save themselves. If you can honestly sit there and disregard how bad the whole offense is, you arent looking at the big picture.

Keenum isnt manning, but he was good enough to pilot a team with WR's who could make plays and a defense that was solid, to the edge of a trophy....

Im going back to not posting now, I just could not drop my 2 cents on this. There is so much more than just keenum and his issues.
    Last edited by Krugan; 02-21-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t really know which year we’re talking about, I guess. Siemian’s line wasn’t good, but neither was he. The quarterback being not good is a far bigger problem than the offensive line not being good.
    totally agree

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

No one was even suggesting Siemien was some kind of world beater. Just saying he would have made that DT throw vs KC. Case was terrible and that play epitomizes the rest of the year.

Dreadfulness on 3rd Down
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

14. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Lol nobody said Trevor was great just that to find a guy who won some games and is a number 2 in the league in rd 7 was a good pick by Elway...we all know Trevor had to move on, pretty much hit his ceiling etc....but hat doesn’t discredit the wins or value he still has in the nfl as a 7th rd pick....when there is top 25 picks out of the league...
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

16. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Flacco getting signed to Broncos caused the OM to crash

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    I guess, with the singular view point of dislike for the qbs we have had, its easy to overlook all the other offensive issues we have and point to just the QB.

Keenum isnt great, some would say isnt even good, but our TE's and WR's, sans sanders, cant get separation to save themselves. If you can honestly sit there and disregard how bad the whole offense is, you arent looking at the big picture.

Keenum isnt manning, but he was good enough to pilot a team with WR's who could make plays and a defense that was solid, to the edge of a trophy....

Im going back to not posting now, I just could not drop my 2 cents on this. There is so much more than just keenum and his issues.
    The big picture? The big picture is the QB who can't do anything and mitigates the team's offense.

He was good enough with the best WR tandem in football, arguably the best defense that year, and blew up in the playoffs.

Your arguments aren't factually based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post

The big picture? The big picture is the QB who can't do anything and mitigates the team's offense.

He was good enough with the best WR tandem in football, arguably the best defense that year, and blew up in the playoffs.

Your arguments aren't factually based.
    Its more than just a problem at QB King you refuse to see it. OLine, playcalling, TE void...
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Yeah, Keenum stepping into sacks has nothing to do with it. Nor does holding onto the ball too long, either. It's not like terrible QB play can't hurt blocking, or that good QB play can't make OL deficiencies. It's not like teams could cheat on defense because the QB has the arm of a middle school boy. It's not like Keenum didn't botch plenty of plays when blocking did hold up, or cause holding penalties by not just holding onto the ball too long/stepping up on sacks, but by missing wide open players.

You could give Keenum whatever line in the NFL you want and it wouldn't have mattered. Bad QB's are bad. And one of the big selling points for CK was that in the year prior he had a bad line and was productive against pressure.

Meanwhile, you could swap him with just about any top half QB and magically the line would have looked markedly superior.
    Why is this so difficult? The OL is bad and Keenum is bad. They were both bad.

Half the teams in the league have bad OLs now and are desperate to fix them. Pass rushers are bigger faster and stronger than ever, and college systems are so different that what NFL teams run in the Pros (generally) that it's hard for OL to transition effectively.

It's true that if you put a QB like Peyton in front of our OL it would look "markedly superior", but not just any QB. Peyton made the crap OL look good because he:

1. knew what the defense was doing.
    2. got rid of the ball so fast that he was one of the least blitzed QBs in the NFL (according to John Fox).

But there are contrasting factors too:

Flacco is about as mobile as Peyton (Equestrian Statue), but Keenum was actually quite mobile-ish. He wasn't Michael Vick out there, but he could move around in the pocket to avoid the rush somewhat.

Everybody agrees that to use Flacco, you have to have a superior OL because he likes to throw deep and is unable to move.

The Broncos meanwhile could have 5 new OL this off-season. They have not ONE really good OL under contract. Leary is over-priced and injured. Paradis is an UFA and coming off knee surgery. Veldheer is a UFA. Bolles has sucked, but will undoubtedly be back and they'll try and coach him up - again for the 3rd year in a row. So far it hasn't worked well:

"Bolles should move to defensive end because he's so good at tackling." -- Mark Schlereth.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information