Page 114 of 135 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2012

Thread: Joe Flacco is now a Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Probably bit of a stretch. Point remains the same though, I wish him every bit of success as a Bronco
    I'm with you tripp. I think Flacco has enough left in the tank that Denver has real good shot at making the playoffs and maybe even winning the division.

2. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Really? I'm pretty confident. We are talking about JFF here.
    I am big fan of Elway but he's not the one lining up behind center. I think the Broncos are going to be very competitive have a great shot at making the playoffs and maybe even winning the division.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Really? I'm pretty confident. We are talking about JFF here.
    I am big fan of Elway but he's not the one lining up behind center. I think the Broncos are going to be very competitive have a great shot at making the playoffs and maybe even winning the division.
    Fangio is the equalizer. They have to be enbarassed after the VJ nonsense. Fang gonna get em correct.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I hope both are true and am optimistic about both. Word is Flacco was the consummate professional about the whole deal in Baltimore and I see no reason to think he wouldn’t be here.

First, that’s who and how he is. Second, even if the kid surpasses him he knows he has an opportunity to extend his career a few years as a backup whether it’s here or elsewhere and negatively contributing to a QB change won’t allow him that opportunity.

Also, Drew wasn’t drafted first round. While that will put a chip on his shoulder it should also serve as an indicator to him that he isn’t at his peak and he has room to grow and improve.

We shall see.
    Drew Lock is not going to beat out Joe Flacco any time soon, certainly not this year. If he plays at all it will either be due to injury, or else it's such a disaster that Denver is out of the playoffs early. In that case they might as well see what they have in Lock.

I'd be surprised if Lock is the starter next year either, but it's possible. That is definitely not Elway's plan though. He doesn't want to start the rookie. He wants Joe Flacco to work out so they can win games with the veteran.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Drew Lock is not going to beat out Joe Flacco any time soon, certainly not this year. If he plays at all it will either be due to injury, or else it's such a disaster that Denver is out of the playoffs early. In that case they might as well see what they have in Lock.

I'd be surprised if Lock is the starter next year either, but it's possible. That is definitely not Elway's plan though. He doesn't want to start the rookie. He wants Joe Flacco to work out so they can win games with the veteran.
    Elway would be ecstatic if Drew was ready and beat out Flacco next season.

7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I have not read anything from Elway that would suggest that he's arbitrarily decided that Lock will not be ready for two year.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    elevation can explain to you how it's done. . .
    Yeah, I can....I don't like Flacco based off his last4-5 years and what he did to us in the 2012 playoff game. I have mounds of evidence supporting he wasn't that good a QB during that time both statistically, and from fans, media and former players comments. So if your telling me I can't doubt him without playing a snap in Denver, I don't see how you all assume that he will be great or a guaranteed upgrade without playing a snap either here, its hypocritical. I suspected we were going to go with Flacco to a fault and draft some development late. I was wrong Lock fell in our lap at 42. Flacco is currently saying all the right things as well. I have also alluded I will eat crow if he does do well in Denver without problem. I'm more inclined to believe we will win games because of our defense and run game then on the back of Flacco. A win is a win though. What I do know now is there is a talented QB to push Flacco and keep him looking over his shoulder, without the pressure of having to start the rookie right away. I have long stated I wanted that, and that's what happened so I'm fine.

Nothing however will change my mind about Flacco the QB unless he starts piling wins up in Denver, playing well and leading his team effectively. We went from Below Average with Keenum, To Borderline Avg getting Flacco, to possibly above average in the QB room as a whole. So if you ask me today yes we upgraded the QB room this year nicely, and time will tell who the man will be going forward, but at least we have another option if Flacco does fail, and for that I'm happy. Makes it less likely we get stubborn and keep playing Flacco if he sucks cause we think he is in his prime, with a bonafide rookie behind him.

So yes I have been pretty transparent throughout this whole process, so not sure what your trying to allude to....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Don't worry, Elevation. I seem to remember Doggington Fish tell me we wouldn't use a high pick on a QB at all. Pay that monster no mind.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Don't worry, Elevation. I seem to remember Doggington Fish tell me we wouldn't use a high pick on a QB at all. Pay that monster no mind.
    We didn't use a high pick, we used a second day pick.

14. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

C'mon. It's kinda high-ish. Ish.

16. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

C'mon. It's kinda high-ish. Ish.
    If I don't raz King just a little bit he'll probably leave again thinking no one cares .

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    We didn't use a high pick, we used a second day pick.
    A second rounder isn't high? It's the second highest round, out of seven!

Goodness!

I'm starting to think you're fitting to style on me.

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    A second rounder isn't high? It's the second highest round, out of seven!

Goodness!

I'm starting to think you're fitting to style on me.
    Finna style?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

QB was third pic. So if two of the three pics pan out it won’t be a waste of a draft.

Also.

Her Elway you traded up to draft Paxton. I know that’s hindsight and we all have regrets in life but.....it’s bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Finna style?
    I've been flanked.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information