Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Aaf

I do like the Hotshots them and honoring the wild land firefighters. Don’t really care for the green and yellow.

Cal-Fire should sponsor a team and have red and blue as their team colors.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Johnny Manziel joining Alliance of American Football's Memphis Express

Johnny Manziel has a new football home.

The 2012 Heisman Trophy winner signed an agreement to join the fledgling Alliance of American Football, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported, and was subsequently assigned to the Memphis Express via the league's waiver system, the AAF announced.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...af/3191925002/

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Poor Memphis can't catch a break.

Spurrier's Orlando team finally lost and it was a bit comical how the final drive ended. Orlando, down by 5, drove down within the Arizona 10 with less than 10 seconds to go. Everybody ran up to the line since there were no timeouts and, even though Arizona wasn't lined up yet, Orlando snapped the ball and the flags flew.... offsides against Arizona? Nope. Illegal substitution against Arizona (one player ran off so they only had ten men)? Nope. One of the Orlando lineman flinched before the snap so Orlando was called for a false start and, since it happened in the sequence it did, that called for a 10-second run-off which ended the game. Fans never got to find out if the Apollos could convert that final play to win the game.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

San Antonio's colors are gawd awful.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default AAF in jeopardy of folding, says majority owner

The majority owner of the Alliance of American Football told USA Today Sports that league is in danger of folding without help from the National Football League Players Association.

Tom Dundon, who became the AAF's chairman last month, told USA Today Sports in a recent interview that the NFLPA is not cooperating with the AAF by refusing to allow the first-year league to use young NFL players.

"If the players union is not going to give us young players, we can't be a development league," Dundon told USA Today Sports. "We are looking at our options, one of which is discontinuing the league."
    rest - http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...majority-owner

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    The NFLPA are idiots. I can't believe that the practice squad players wouldn't be willing to "risk injury" to have an opportunity to participate in a developmental league that could eventually result in them being good enough to make an NFL team’s active roster. Otherwise, they should just give up on ever playing in the big league & just get jobs flipping burgers because they obviously wouldn’t have what it takes to make a game day roster. If I was a HC &/or GM, I wouldn’t waist my time on such players.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

8. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I havent watched a game since opening weekend so it wont surprise me if it gets shut down.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d8qLeGeWYtxcDs

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

When the league moves their championship game from a 32,000-seat venue in Las Vegas to a 12,000-seat venue in suburban Dallas, that should tell you how bad it is. I have been in San Antonio and the Commanders are winning and drawing well (30,000+ last weekend). No way I would watch the crapfests if I lived in Memphis or Atlanta though. The players have to be assured of getting paid or the whole thing goes to seed instantly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I don't make it a point to watch, but it's definitely entertaining and I've caught a few games here and there. Sure, there are some teams that struggle but it is not a terrible product.

I hope they make it. Not sure why there is a need to have practice squad players from the NFL playing to make it work though. Virtually no one knows who they are to begin with, and I don't see how that would create a bigger draw.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The AAF is folding. So much for that lol.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The AAF is folding. So much for that lol.
    Just saw that. Shame, really. It wasnt a bad product and it seems like they pulled the trigger a bit quick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default AAF suspends operations; Polian 'disappointed'

After eight weeks of games and less than one season into Alliance of American Football's existence, league owner Tom Dundon has decided to suspend all operations, league co-founder Bill Polian confirmed to ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Tuesday.

"I am extremely disappointed to learn Tom Dundon has decided to suspend all football operations of the Alliance of American Football," Polian said in a statement Tuesday. "When Mr. Dundon took over, it was the belief of my co-founder, Charlie Ebersol, and myself that we would finish the season, pay our creditors, and make the necessary adjustments to move forward in a manner that made economic sense for all.

"The momentum generated by our players, coaches and football staff had us well positioned for future success. Regrettably, we will not have that opportunity."

The league had been struggling from the outset. After the first week of the season, Dundon -- owner of the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes -- pledged a $250 million investment and essentially took command of the AAF.
    rest - http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...n-disappointed

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

18. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

They didnt do enough leading up to the inaugural Season. Shame on Bill Polian for not working with the PA earlier. It doesnt bode well for the XFL either.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

We didn't need both the AAF and the XFL but I am amazed that with every game televised nationally and payrolls limited that they couldn't put together the funds to make the league work - at the very least to finish out the season. A lot of people (not just players) had their jobs pulled out from under them.

Adopted Bronco:

I had a hookup to go to the Championship game. Oh well.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information