Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Keenum ignoring draft talk, looks forward to improving under Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Well yes there is a huge difference between sitting behind a elite quarterback and a journeyman. Assuming Lock is the guy I don't see how him by week 12 would necessarily a bad thing. If Denver is in the playoff hunt I doubt that would happen. If they're not I don't know if that would a bad thing. It will depend on how the season is going.

If we are in the hunt with keenum I agree. I just do not see that happening. Id much rather just let him get out there and learn. Get a feel for the game. But I agree, it totally depends upon how the season is going. I just do not think it will be going that much better than this year. Maybe a game or two but it is case after all.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    If we are in the hunt with keenum I agree. I just do not see that happening. Id much rather just let him get out there and learn. Get a feel for the game. But I agree, it totally depends upon how the season is going. I just do not think it will be going that much better than this year. Maybe a game or two but it is case after all.
    I was misunderstanding you, I thought you meant that it would better if the guy sat for the entire the season. It is also possible that if Fangio and Elway think a rookie will be able to hold his own he'll start. Elway has talked many times about his experience as a rookie, iirc he said the he learn a lot by sitting, but he also said he learned more by playing. The other thing I'll be listening for is if there is talk about the offense being tailored to rookie's strengths. If that happens that many times is an indicator that guy rookie will start sooner rather than later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Vic the new HC and Elway both said something that does have me a little uneasy. They both mentioned that they like the idea of the young (new drafted QB) to sit and learn for a bit. We saw that with Brock (although peyton was shattering records so its not like he was going to play anyway) but if so, (which would suck balls btw) then even if we land a Lock, Haskins, Jones, etc....I think you may still be right that case is starting for us and (gulp) even for the entire year until the chants get too big for the rookie!

I could fully see a scenario where we have Lock and Case and Case starts until week 12 or something. Then Lock gets in to get his feet wet.
    I would not like that but I can see it happening from what John and Vic both said.
    Doesn't sound like Vic would get ballsy like Pete Carroll and throw the kid in after a good camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

How many starts did Mahomes get his rookie year? Not that Case is as good as Alex Smith but there are no QBs in the draft that will play as well as Mahomes either.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    How many starts did Mahomes get his rookie year? Not that Case is as good as Alex Smith but there are no QBs in the draft that will play as well as Mahomes either.
    He had one start his rookie season, and that was against Denver in week 17.

7. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Well yes there is a huge difference between sitting behind a elite quarterback and a journeyman. Assuming Lock is the guy I don't see how him by week 12 would necessarily a bad thing. If Denver is in the playoff hunt I doubt that would happen. If they're not I don't know if that would a bad thing. It will depend on how the season is going.
    As a general rule I never like the idea of starting a rookie QB until year two. There are obvious exceptions of course, but I think you're more likely to ruin a rookie by starting him before he is ready than unveiling the next of the very rare rookie sensations. I would be content watching Keenum in 2019
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Agreed. He's no cancer, he works hard but he's not the kind of quarterback that you want starting 16 games for you. I've never understood the literal hatred he gets just because he's not a great player. Imo it's a bit childish. I don't know how much better a quarterback who will 31 years old next season can get. That aside he's seems to be good guy to have around. If Denver does draft quarterback ( which fully expect they will). He seems like the the kind of guy who will try to help young players, unlike someone Kyle Orton who was always jealous of younger players who could possibly take his job.
    Or, dare I say, Jake Plummer?
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Or, dare I say, Jake Plummer?
    Oh oh.

Seriously, I was never given the impression that Plummer was jealous, but he certainly cracked under the pressure of Cutler being in Denver to eventually replace him.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-08-2019 at 09:31 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Improving seems like a good plan for Keenum.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Agreed, but I wondering what your cat's take on this is.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I just asked and got a head shake and a rear leg ear scratch. I'll let you interpret.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

As a cat owner myself, I'm confident that Hawg's cat doesn't give a shit about anything but eating, shitting/peeing and sleeping.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Oh oh.

Seriously, I was never given the impression that Plummer was jealous, but he certainly cracked under the pressure of Cutler being in Denver to eventually replace him.
    Or the fact that heimerdinger and Shanny set him up to fail when they quit moving the pocket like kubiak had.

20. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    As a cat owner myself, I'm confident that Hawg's cat doesn't give a shit about anything but eating, shitting/peeing and sleeping.
    Pretty much. The younger one still has delusions of being a state champion mouser and will randomly tear ass around the house. Gets those big murdercat eyes when it's time to chase a toy. It's fun watching him 'in the zone'.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The question is, can he? He'll have far better coaching and I'm assuming a far better o-line so that bodes well for him, but if he's going to end up starting in 2019, he's gotta play more like he did in Minny and I don't have the same level of faith in him I did going into 2018...

We'll see what happens, but I hope we have other viable options.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information