Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2019

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Not 40 or 50. Probably closer to 20 to 25. 40 or 50 is basically Babe Ruth or Roided up Bonds territory.

Ichiro was like a modern day Ty Cobb. A reporter once told Cobb he couldn't hit HRs so Cobb hit something like 5 HRs in 3 games then went back to his contact hitter ways just to prove a point.
    Yeah, I don't think he was a power hitter by any means...but he sacrificed extra bases for overall greater production. I just like his approach to the game. Played 162 games three times, every other time was 157+ when no major injury. Owned it. Styled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Should Ichiro have hit homers?

Odds are that Ichiro’s 3,000th major league hit — like his first and his 1,000th — will be a single; only 15 percent of his hits this season have gone for extra bases. We know, though, that there’s more oomph in there. As ESPN’s Tommy Tomlinson wrote in a recent profile, “In batting practice, Ichiro is the Babe. He parks pitch after pitch into the right-field stands. A few land in the upper deck.” That description came on the heels of an endorsement from Marlins hitting coach Barry Bonds, who became the latest in a long line of awed observers who’ve claimed that Ichiro could win the Home Run Derby if he wanted to. Tomlinson also tells a tantalizing story from Ichiro’s first spring training, when Mariners manager Lou Piniella, doubting the efficacy of Ichiro’s slappy approach, told him to pull the ball. The next time up, Tomlinson says, Ichiro “jacked a home run into the right-field bullpen.” It was the spiritual sequel to the time Ty Cobb successfully swung for the fences for a single series, just to prove a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I think that guy is plagarizing me.

6. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Love Ben Lindbergh’s work.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Love Ben Lindbergh’s work.
    For good reason. That was excellent analysis and he has a nice style.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

For good reason. That was excellent analysis and he has a nice style.
    I’ve listened to Effectively Wild, his podcast, for five or six years, I think. Maybe even longer.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I’ve listened to Effectively Wild, his podcast, for five or six years, I think. Maybe even longer.
    Did you see Dave Cameron got picked up by the Padres?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Did you see Dave Cameron got picked up by the Padres?
    Cistulli by the Blue Jays, I believe. And Jeff Sullivan by the Rays.

Teams are mining Fangraphs.

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Cistulli by the Blue Jays, I believe. And Jeff Sullivan by the Rays.

Teams are mining Fangraphs.
    About time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

About time.
    They do good work. I think they were overshadowed a little by Prospectus because of history, but Prospectus ran into some hard times the last two years. They still put out quality content, but they were having trouble with ownership. A team of their writers bought it this offseason. I want to say Brett Sayre is one of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yeah, Sayre is President/CEO now, so hopefully that changes some of their fortunes.

Eno was part of the Athletic pilfer. He’s excellent, as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

They do good work. I think they were overshadowed a little by Prospectus because of history, but Prospectus ran into some hard times the last two years. They still put out quality content, but they were having trouble with ownership. A team of their writers bought it this offseason. I want to say Brett Sayre is one of them.
    Going back and reading some 2000's content, that was really the time to buy. Now they are the mainstream.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Going back and reading some 2000's content, that was really the time to buy. Now they are the mainstream.
    I don’t disagree. The last owner, not sure who it was, was basically just going to let the site die. Couldn’t pay the writers or the bills.

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0A1A0D0-338A-46D2-8008-1F675F1EE1B1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	13905

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Which explains why Hamilton, despite all his speed, has a career that is hanging by a thread. Running at superhuman speeds is nice but if you can't hit, it won't work. Anyone seen Anthony Gose lately?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information