Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So they tried to show restraint, and he wouldn’t? I mean, at some point you’re getting booted, man. That’s how this typically works.
    I don't think they tried to show restraint. It's not when you have two umps going super nuts, too. They booted him because he wasn't backing down from a weird call that pretty much everyone hates, that most people didn't know. It wasn't as impactful, but that was some tuck rule level shit.

Diva. Ass. Umpire.

Go Astros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

JV shit the bed last night. I feel guilty saying that, but it is what it is. He couldn't locate his four-seam. His slider and curve were non-existent. He got ten swings for strikes the entire game. Just didn't have his normal stuff last night. I'm going to attend church today and pray that the Greinke that shows up tonight is the Greinke that carried a no-hitter through 8-1/3 on his last regular season start and not the Greinke that showed up during the ALDS and ALCS.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I see the entire world is upset about a rule being applied correctly. Maybe it’s a bad rule, I guess, but that’s been the rule as long as I can remember.
    Kind of like the football going through the endzone for a touchback.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Verlander now has an 0-6 career record in the world series with a 5.7 ERA. He's lucky Clayton Kershaw exists to take all the heat for being a postseason choker.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Verlander now has an 0-6 career record in the world series with a 5.7 ERA. He's lucky Clayton Kershaw exists to take all the heat for being a postseason choker.
    He seems to be the Peyton Manning of Hall of Fame pitchers. In his defense, a little, he had some games in 2017 that were quality starts where he got zero run support. Even last night he got two runs to work with and nothing after that. He's to blame for flaming out last night, but the offense also needs to score more than two runs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm not a superstitious person, but my company has given us the freedom to wear jeans and Astros shit for the days the Astros play during the World Series. Last week on Tuesday and Wednesday I wore an Astros polo with jeans and they lost. Friday I wore an Astros t-shirt with jeans and they won. Today I have the same t-shirt and jeans on. I realize that my clothing has zero to do with the overall outcome of the game, but goddammit I can't handle a World Series loss!

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    He seems to be the Peyton Manning of Hall of Fame pitchers. In his defense, a little, he had some games in 2017 that were quality starts where he got zero run support. Even last night he got two runs to work with and nothing after that. He's to blame for flaming out last night, but the offense also needs to score more than two runs.
    I think you're just inherently going to get less run support as you go deeper into the postseason and face better pitching on the other side. Just getting quality starts isn't always going to do the job.

I'm not a superstitious person, but my company has given us the freedom to wear jeans and Astros shit for the days the Astros play during the World Series. Last week on Tuesday and Wednesday I wore an Astros polo with jeans and they lost. Friday I wore an Astros t-shirt with jeans and they won. Today I have the same t-shirt and jeans on. I realize that my clothing has zero to do with the overall outcome of the game, but goddammit I can't handle a World Series loss!
    They get easier over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Kind of like the football going through the endzone for a touchback.
    No. There’s a sound and logical reason for the base path being where it is.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I think you're just inherently going to get less run support as you go deeper into the postseason and face better pitching on the other side. Just getting quality starts isn't always going to do the job.
    Did you watch the 2017 World Series?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I see the entire world is upset about a rule being applied correctly. Maybe it’s a bad rule, I guess, but that’s been the rule as long as I can remember.
    Joe Torre said he wasn't called out for running outside the base line, he was called out for making contact with the first baseman. And he only hit the first baseman due to an errant throw that pulled the first baseman off the bag. The rule is that you can't run outside the baseline, but that's not what was called.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Joe Torre said he wasn't called out for running outside the base line, he was called out for making contact with the first baseman. And he only hit the first baseman due to an errant throw that pulled the first baseman off the bag. The rule is that you can't run outside the baseline, but that's not what was called.
    Ok. Fair. Sounds like a cluster.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It was a bad call that should not have been made.

One of the great things about baseball is that there aren't a lot of procedural rules that negate actual plays. Yes there are strike zones and rules for how a pitcher must behave on a mound(balk rules) but once a ball is in play there aren't very many rules that can upset the reality of the outcome of the play. In other words there aren't many rules that negate a play because a player did something wrong even if he made the play. Turner was safe. The defense made a bad throw and even with a good throw I don't know that he would have been out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

He was called for interfering with Yuli making a clean catch, not for running outside of the baseline. That was established during the game last night. The throw to first wasn't a bad throw. Just a weird play. In the end, like the rest of the bad calls in this series, it had no affect on the outcome of the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He was called for interfering with Yuli making a clean catch, not for running outside of the baseline. That was established during the game last night. The throw to first wasn't a bad throw. Just a weird play. In the end, like the rest of the bad calls in this series, it had no affect on the outcome of the game.
    Right, that's what I said. But I didn't think the rule makes that an out if the defense player is pulled off the bag by the throw. He was back inside the base line at that point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information