Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2019

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I love Yadi. That guy eats, sleeps and breathes baseball.
    He's a horrible human being. He's a whiner, a punk, gets a pass for being awful offensively, starts shit all the time, and if he didn't play for STL and get cast in a good light he'd be hated. He's one of the biggest frauds in all of sports and a worthless piece of garbage. He is a constant source of my utter contempt for that organization, and the day he retires will be a happy day for me.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I can't help but sit here, knowing that we had the Nats beat, bitter because the Cards never led in this series.

God dammit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The cards didn't lead for one single second in that series. What an embarrassment to baseball that that garbage team made the NLCS.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The cards didn't lead for one single second in that series. What an embarrassment to baseball that that garbage team made the NLCS.
    I guess the NL was settled in the first round....)=

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Guess there are no Nats fans in here? Lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

there was no rally squirrel or cat this time

8. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No. Because Mike Trout exists.
    King said "If you factor in the postseason". Mike Trout doesn't know what that means.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Anyone who blames a single player, especially the best player in the world, for his team not making it to the playoffs in the MLB doesn't understand the game. Baseball is essentially 9 single player games happening at one time. Mike Trout has certainly done his part to get the Angels to the postseason.

I also find it funny that people will continually whine about loyalty in pro sports then when a guy like Trout shows some loyalty he gets people saying he's hiding on the Angels.

Mike Trout is the best player in the world. He is an all time great who will be thought of as the best player of his generation. His name will be up there with the Ken Griffey Jr., Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, and Ty Cobbs. He also seems like a genuine good guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No one is blaming Trout for the Angels not making the playoffs. They are just saying that, fair or not, his legacy won't be the same as other all time greats if he goes his entire career with no big playoff moment to show for it.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Poet, SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    No one is blaming Trout for the Angels not making the playoffs. They are just saying that, fair or not, his legacy won't be the same as other all time greats if he goes his entire career with no big playoff moment to show for it.
    Oh yeah, tell me all about Tedd Williams' big postseason moment?

Again, if you believe that you dont understand the game. Baseball is not like football. No one is judged on WS rings or postseason moments. Yes, they can help add to a legacy, see Reggie Jackson but a lack of them does not detract from a baseball legacy see Ty Cobb, Tedd William's, Harmon Killebrew, Yaz, Ken Griffey Jr., etc..........

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Again, if you believe that you dont understand the game. Baseball is not like football. No one is judged on WS rings or postseason moments. Yes, they can help add to a legacy, see Reggie Jackson but a lack of them does not detract from a baseball legacy see Ty Cobb, Tedd William's, Harmon Killebrew, Yaz, Ken Griffey Jr., etc..........
    Ted Williams also came from an era when baseball was king. Baseball has pretty much been reduced to a regional sport now, and Trout has mostly been anonymous on a national scale during his career. Sure, baseball hardos will remember and recognize him as an all time great, but the average sports fan is going to forget about him if he goes his whole career and never does anything in the playoffs.

I'm not saying he's less of a player because he doesn't win. Obviously that's a ridiculous take. But if he's as anonymous nationally as he already is in the middle of his prime, do you really think he'll be remembered by the average sports fan after he's gone?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Conversely, you have a player like Bregman who performs at a similar level statistically on the best team in baseball with A TON more pressure and continues the same elite level of play when it matters most. Sure, Trout is an amazing hitter and a good enough outfielder, but the talent in baseball is getting better and better every year and playoff performance/success will play a larger role in determining players' legacies as time goes on.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

17. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Trout, in a vacuum, is the best player in the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Trout, in a vacuum, is the best player in the game.
    I would contend he is also the best player in the game outside of vacuums.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Conversely, you have a player like Bregman who performs at a similar level statistically on the best team in baseball with A TON more pressure and continues the same elite level of play when it matters most. Sure, Trout is an amazing hitter and a good enough outfielder, but the talent in baseball is getting better and better every year and playoff performance/success will play a larger role in determining players' legacies as time goes on.
    I love Bregman, the plays he made in the world series keeping runners from scoring from 3rd base was awesome. IIRC he made two plays like that in one game.

With that said, he is 3 years younger than Trout and about 7 similar seasons to this one away from matching what Trout has done in the first 8 (9 years but the first was only 40 games) years of his career. What makes Trout so amazing isn't one particular outstanding year, it's the fact that he does that every year and it started when he was 20 years old.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information