Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2019

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

How many times has it worked out for the team that gives a massive, record breaking contract to a position player? Seems like it's pretty much always the right call to trade that guy and reload your farm system before his deal comes up, unless you're a team like the Yankees or Red Sox who can easily handle that financial burden.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    How many times has it worked out for the team that gives a massive, record breaking contract to a position player? Seems like it's pretty much always the right call to trade that guy and reload your farm system before his deal comes up, unless you're a team like the Yankees or Red Sox who can easily handle that financial burden.
    Agreed - as painful as it is to lose a generational talent/franchise player -- the numbers and history would indicate that it's almost always the right play. Especially in a sport like baseball that is so individually driven -- one player can't dominate like they can in other sports.

4. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Agreed - as painful as it is to lose a generational talent/franchise player -- the numbers and history would indicate that it's almost always the right play. Especially in a sport like baseball that is so individually driven -- one player can't dominate like they can in other sports.
    The Angels are the best example of this. Trout will probably retire as the GOAT if he isn't there already, and they have jack shit to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The Angels are the best example of this. Trout will probably retire as the GOAT if he isn't there already, and they have jack shit to show for it.
    He loves being an Angel because there are no expectations for winning. All that talent but he doesn't have much heart.

I wish LA would try to trade for Nolan A. That guy has heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He loves being an Angel because there are no expectations for winning. All that talent but he doesn't have much heart.

I wish LA would try to trade for Nolan A. That guy has heart.
    This is such a shitty take. When has Trout shown to not have heart. What is your problem with guys like him or Watt? It's weird. I find it interesting that you think you know what's in Trout's head.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    This is such a shitty take. When has Trout shown to not have heart. What is your problem with guys like him or Watt? It's weird. I find it interesting that you think you know what's in Trout's head.
    You've known King for how long now, and you really think he believes the things he says? You have to filter out the 65% trolling to get to the 35% earnestness.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

To stay with a franchise that's a do-nothing shows you lack heart. He's not interested in winning and his actions show it.

You can disagree, and that's fine. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

You've known King for how long now, and you really think he believes the things he says? You have to filter out the 65% trolling to get to the 35% earnestness.
    This hurts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1579240838697.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	15841
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just FYI, it’s 20 days until pitchers and catchers report.

Revised. Mets and Pirates report on the 10th, that’s just 20 days!
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 01-21-2020 at 07:05 PM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Padres are now reportedly in the Mookie Betts sweepstakes. That’s wacky. They are so Jekyll/Hyde.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Padres are now reportedly in the Mookie Betts sweepstakes. That’s wacky. They are so Jekyll/Hyde.
    I can't figure them out. That Machado signing really paid off. . That dude is like the anti Mookie though. Mookie has character and work ethic, both things that are foreign to Machado.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I can't figure them out. That Machado signing really paid off. . That dude is like the anti Mookie though. Mookie has character and work ethic, both things that are foreign to Machado.
    You would think with Dave Cameron in their org/office they wouldn't do idiot things...guess we'll see how it plays out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You would think with Dave Cameron in their org/office they wouldn't do idiot things...guess we'll see how it plays out.
    I miss his voice in the media. And I don’t think A.J. Preller listens to him much to be honest.

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Mookie would be a great get for them. He's awesome. Machado is a douche of the highest order that I suspect will hit 30 or so HRs every year and make occasional great plays but also treat most of the season like leisure time and do some stupid shit along the way. He'll probably never hit over .275 again either, unless maybe it's a contract year.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information