Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2019

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I will never fault a team for signing good players. Especially when there is no salary cap. Now they can be opportunistic in filling in the rest of the pieces.

Definitely not a great landing spot from a Rockies fan or fantasy perspective though - Machado in the AL and that Chicago launch pad would have bee preferable on both fronts.

I will never fault a team for trying to get better, especially during the tanking era. But, that said, their window kind of appears to be the middle or back end of his contract and after Hosmer’s has run out. That doesn’t mean that can’t change, but that’s what I meant by the signing not making sense.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I know their outfield is completely full, but two counterpoints, Harper is better than all of those outfielders and did Hosmer and Machado really make sense?
    Good points. I would imagine that Myers is gone after this season, so minus him, then Machado makes sense...assuming he's going there to play SS, because Tatis is better at 3rd. Hosmer never made sense because they had Myers, but in a lineup with Machado, Myers, Tatis, Urias and Mejia...I think he looks better. But his contract will never look good. If they could find a trade partner for Myers, then pay Harper, it would all look better, but who takes on Myers contract and they still need to get some pitching until guys like Gore, Paddack, Petino, etc. are ready.

I think Machado and Hosmer were done more for the long term to have veteran stability in the lineup while the farm catches up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	869A3C7F-AA2E-4376-9679-495F5DB0EC92.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	13737

4. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76E703B3-B722-4C0E-8BE5-1D61EEB3E803.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	13742

Someone ******* hold me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Someone ******* hold me.
    Suck it up. It’s February for ****’s sake.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Suck it up. It’s February for ****’s sake.
    Appreciate my passion at least, infidel!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Appreciate my passion at least, infidel!
    Corey Seager’s 2016 was better than any year Manny Machado has had and he’s two years younger.

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Corey Seager’s 2016 was better than any year Manny Machado has had and he’s two years younger.

King wants dem homers.

King wants both in the lineup.

King got styled on. No Machado. No Harper. Dodgers waste money spending more resources than any other team on the farm system when they could be signing future Hall of Famers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

King wants dem homers.

King wants both in the lineup.

King got styled on. No Machado. No Harper. Dodgers waste money spending more resources than any other team on the farm system when they could be signing future Hall of Famers.
    YOU JUST MADE THE WORLD SERIES TWO YEARS IN A ROW!

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

and he's not a piece of shit.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

YOU JUST MADE THE WORLD SERIES TWO YEARS IN A ROW!

Do you think adding Harper and retaining Machado might help get over the hump?

I'm being obtuse - and I thought it was clear when I was bitching about spending big bucks on a farm system.

Did you guys see the Yanks are favored to win the ALE?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don’t understand why you wanted Machado. Corey Seager might be better than Machado and Justin turner is a fine third baseman.

Harper made more sense. But add neither the team was still good enough to win the World Series. How do we know this? Because they were there two years in a row. Don’t confuse having the ability to do something with actually doing something. They ran up against two buzzsaws. Even if they had added Machado or Harper, there’s zero guarantee they get back to the World Series.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

It is time to become the buzzsaw.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information