Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2019

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    That's the magic question. First problem is he was never deserving of the contract he got and idiot Angelos ended up just negotiating against himself. But since then, it seems Davis almost just forgot how to hit. Maybe with the new management in place and using more metrics, it will help him a bit this year, but I'm not holding my breath.
    It's not like there was a massive need to use that money for starting pitching or anything. /s

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    It's not like there was a massive need to use that money for starting pitching or anything. /s
    Except the fact that quality starting pitching is expensive and Angelos refuses to pay for quality starting pitching...and refuses to pay for international talent...and refuses to improve his minor league development system. So, basically, he is waiting for some mid-level pitcher or some draft pick to magically become a superstar.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Machado to the Padres.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Machado to the Padres.
    I wonder if they’re continuing to court Harper too? They offered both last week, according to the rumor mill.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I wonder if they’re continuing to court Harper too? They offered both last week, according to the rumor mill.
    Didn't they make a bunch of moves last off-season too?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Manny Machado, San Diego Padres reach 10-year, $300 million deal

Manny Machado has agreed to the biggest free-agent contract in American sports history -- a 10-year, $300 million deal with the San Diego Padres, league sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan on Tuesday.

Machado, a four-time All-Star and two-time Gold Glove Award winner at third base, made $16 million between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Baltimore Orioles last season.

The deal with the Padres includes an opt-out after the fifth season, sources told Passan.
    rest - http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...res-reach-deal

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Didn't they make a bunch of moves last off-season too?
    Hosmer. I didn’t think there was anyone else. Hosmer and Harper will make $50 of their $110 payroll at the moment.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Apparently they acquired Kinsler, too, somewhere. I didn’t remember that happening.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Hosmer. I didn’t think there was anyone else. Hosmer and Harper will make $50 of their $110 payroll at the moment.
    Hosmer and Machado you mean?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hosmer and Machado you mean?
    Him too. Harper, Machado and Hosmer will soon make $80 of their $140 payroll.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

In seriousness, Harper is probably signing with Philly and I’d be surprised if it wasn’t today.

Adopted Bronco:

Focus now has to be on pitching and I wouldn't be shocked to see them go after Keuchel and Kimbrel. They have a truckload of good prospects to fill out the infield and outfield spots, so Harper doesn't make sense and adding pitching via FA or trade is likely the next solution.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Focus now has to be on pitching and I wouldn't be shocked to see them go after Keuchel and Kimbrel. They have a truckload of good prospects to fill out the infield and outfield spots, so Harper doesn't make sense and adding pitching via FA or trade is likely the next solution.
    I know their outfield is completely full, but two counterpoints, Harper is better than all of those outfielders and did Hosmer and Machado really make sense?

Machado to the Padres.
    This sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I know their outfield is completely full, but two counterpoints, Harper is better than all of those outfielders and did Hosmer and Machado really make sense?
    I will never fault a team for signing good players. Especially when there is no salary cap. Now they can be opportunistic in filling in the rest of the pieces.

Definitely not a great landing spot from a Rockies fan or fantasy perspective though - Machado in the AL and that Chicago launch pad would have bee preferable on both fronts.

17. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information