Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2019

March 28 can’t get here soon enough. Earliest opening day ever!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    March 28 can’t get here soon enough. Earliest opening day ever!
    I hope the Rockies are on the road for the first month or so. . Feels like the weather is gonna suck for the first month. My son is playing HS baseball, he's a freshman, they're supposed to have their first scrimmage next weekend, I'm looking out the window and I don't see that happening.

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I hope the Rockies are on the road for the first month or so. . Feels like the weather is gonna suck for the first month. My son is playing HS baseball, he's a freshman, they're supposed to have their first scrimmage next weekend, I'm looking out the window and I don't see that happening.
    I’m not gonna lie. I wish local opening day would be like May or something. I ain’t ready.

Mlb baseball package!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Growing up in PA, we had "spring" scrimmages and tournaments where it snowed every year it seemed. Sucked picking up a slider in that weather...sucked even more being a catcher when it was 30 degrees.

7. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I didn't play HS baseball after my freshman year because 1.) It overlapped with my hockey season for at least a month... 2.) Basically the entirety of the season is still winter in NW Colorado. I liked playing baseball in the summer as it's meant to be played. Playing in the gym, fielding ground balls on the airport runway, and taking BP in freezing weather wasn't much fun.

9. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I didn't play HS baseball after my freshman year because 1.) It overlapped with my hockey season for at least a month... 2.) Basically the entirety of the season is still winter in NW Colorado. I liked playing baseball in the summer as it's meant to be played. Playing in the gym, fielding ground balls on the airport runway, and taking BP in freezing weather wasn't much fun.
    Chuck loves baseball so much that he's fine playing in shit weather. Also the summer program he plays in has more games than his HS schedule. We're going to Omaha this year during the College WS to play in a tournament.

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Bryce Harper a Phillie - 13 years, $330 million. Dayum.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

My heart breaks. Dodgers really did everything wrong this offseason.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Interesting. That’s less, per year, than both Machado and Arenado.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Probably a good deal for both sides really. Harper gets a shit ton of money and long term security while the Phillies get a superstar who will always play hard and be a solid contributor.

I don't particularly care for Harper that much but he does play the game the right way in terms of his hustle. Machado is the one guy of the three major contract getters this off-season that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. I can see Machado's production declining sharply. He flat out admitted that he's not a 'hustler" and that alone would make me if I was an owner, stay clear of him.

17. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Maybe we can eek out a WC berth.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    13 years with no opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Maybe we can eek out a WC berth.

You’re dumb.

21. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Sounds like my boys up here. The field, all high school games were played on, was field turf except the outfield. A couple years the boys played, they had to get all the teams together to snow blow & shovel the field to get it ready for games to start at the end of April because there was a few feet of snow still left

Night and day difference from growing up in Louisiana when we thought 60 degrees was chilly for practice and games in Feb & March. LoL.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information