Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 699

Thread: Mlb 2019

  1. #436

    Default

    One day I'll go to a baseball game with SR.

  2. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

    SR

  3. #437
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fulshear, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    One day I'll go to a baseball game with SR.
    Lets do it! Minute Maid Park next season.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  4. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:


  5. #438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Lets do it! Minute Maid Park next season.
    I'm gonna get beaten up for wearing my Dodgers hat.

  6. #439
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fulshear, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I'm gonna get beaten up for wearing my Dodgers hat.
    Nah, just made fun of. Remember where you'd be.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  7. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:


  8. #440

    Default

    Tonight a Yasztremski will play at Fenway Park for the first time since 1983 as Yaz' grandson Mike comes to town for the Giants.

    I'm sure the very gracious and dignified Red Sox fans will give Mike a nice applause when he comes up to bat.

  9. The Following 2 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:


  10. #441
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fulshear, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,816

    Default

    Astros are the first team to 100 wins. NBD.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  11. #442

    Default

    Bellinger is MVP!

  12. #443
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fulshear, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Bellinger is MVP!
    Yeah, since Yelich is down for the year. I'm hoping Trout being out for the year helps Bregman's chances of stealing the MVP. He should be the AL MVP any damn way. Trout is sensational, but he plays every game with zero pressure because the Angels aren't going anywhere. Bregman is the best offensive player on the best team in baseball. His OPS is second in the AL. He'll finish somewhere around .300 BA. He'll finish with close to 40 HR and 110 RBI. AND he's one of the top third basemen in baseball. Dude deserves to be the MVP.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  13. #444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Yeah, since Yelich is down for the year. I'm hoping Trout being out for the year helps Bregman's chances of stealing the MVP. He should be the AL MVP any damn way. Trout is sensational, but he plays every game with zero pressure because the Angels aren't going anywhere. Bregman is the best offensive player on the best team in baseball. His OPS is second in the AL. He'll finish somewhere around .300 BA. He'll finish with close to 40 HR and 110 RBI. AND he's one of the top third basemen in baseball. Dude deserves to be the MVP.
    Yelich didn't deserve it over Bellinger - Bellinger's play in the field is the defining issue. Trout's kind of boring to me - he has a small personality on a team that doesn't matter and he decided to stay there.

    Blah.

  14. #445
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    20,191

    Default





  15. #446
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fulshear, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Yelich didn't deserve it over Bellinger - Bellinger's play in the field is the defining issue. Trout's kind of boring to me - he has a small personality on a team that doesn't matter and he decided to stay there.

    Blah.
    Yeah, I agree. He's an above average outfielder and his stats are great, but if you look at his body of work versus Bregman's this season I think Bregman is more deserving of the MVP than Trout. BUT, Trout has that name and the moniker of being the best baseball player in the league so there's a voter bias. He is boring though. Bregman is a top third baseman, has filled in at SS most of the time Correa has be out this season and excelled there as well since it's his natural position. Bregman hit his 40th HR of the year last night. His OPS, BA, BB, SLG, and all other measurables being on the best team in baseball with a ton more pressure to perform than Trout should be enough to take it.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  16. #447
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fulshear, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,816

    Default

    I can't stand Kimbrel. That makes me happy.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  17. #448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Yeah, I agree. He's an above average outfielder and his stats are great, but if you look at his body of work versus Bregman's this season I think Bregman is more deserving of the MVP than Trout. BUT, Trout has that name and the moniker of being the best baseball player in the league so there's a voter bias. He is boring though. Bregman is a top third baseman, has filled in at SS most of the time Correa has be out this season and excelled there as well since it's his natural position. Bregman hit his 40th HR of the year last night. His OPS, BA, BB, SLG, and all other measurables being on the best team in baseball with a ton more pressure to perform than Trout should be enough to take it.
    You convinced me. I also think there should be a 'best player award' where it's basically just based off stats, and a MVP, where the considerations you just noted are heavily weighed. While there might be a debate over which award is better, or if one player could win both awards, it'd at least clear this up.

    Bregman for MVP.

  18. #449
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fulshear, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You convinced me. I also think there should be a 'best player award' where it's basically just based off stats, and a MVP, where the considerations you just noted are heavily weighed. While there might be a debate over which award is better, or if one player could win both awards, it'd at least clear this up.

    Bregman for MVP.
    I don't think it'll happen. I'm bias toward the Astros obviously, but the name Trout resonates too much with the voters.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  19. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:


  20. #450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I don't think it'll happen. I'm bias toward the Astros obviously, but the name Trout resonates too much with the voters.
    I'm just waiting to go nuts when Bellinger gets robbed.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Broncos News
    By Denver Native (Carol) in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 1233
    Last Post: 10-11-2019, 12:35 PM
  2. 2019 FA List
    By HORSEPOWER 56 in forum Draft and Free Agency
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-20-2019, 04:41 PM
  3. Coaching Options for 2019
    By Ziggy in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 1272
    Last Post: 01-11-2019, 01:53 PM
  4. 2019 who stays and who goes?
    By broncofaninfla in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 282
    Last Post: 01-08-2019, 07:05 PM
  5. Who will be the Broncos QB in 2019?
    By aberdien in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 312
    Last Post: 01-03-2019, 01:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group