Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2019

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Gotta consider positional scarcity too... Lots of outfielders who fit Upton's profile - not many catchers who fit Grandal's profile.

The guy doesn’t have a catcher so I think it’s fair to ask for more. He won’t throw in Griffin from the Angels. I’m pretty content with my team. I know position rank doesn’t tell the whole story but I’m sure there’s a reason Grandal is #1.

I’m glad I picked up and started Negron.

Wow. Puig for Bauer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71F9A14D-5150-4823-B964-86F254C0AB66.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	14638

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Wow. Puig for Bauer.
    They traded one punkass for another. Interesting.

Speaking of the Indians...JV sure had is way with their entire lineup last night. Seven innings, 13K, no walks, two hits. Just give him the AL Cy Young now.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

7. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Astros trade for Zack Greinke at the deadline

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/...e-14270846.php

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And Sanchez and Maldonado.

Astros flexing.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    And Sanchez and Maldonado.

Astros flexing.
    If Sanchez can return to 2016 form, which I'm sure Brent Strom will get him to, the Astros have five pitchers that no one can touch top to bottom. The playoffs for the Astros, if everyone is healthy, will be JV, Cole, Greinke, and Miley with Sanchez when/if needed. Holy buckets.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Luhnow had all the Yankee and Sawx fans crying in their beers last night. A lot of f-bombs. When the Astros got Verlander, the east coast sports media had a hissy fit about the waiver trade deadline. So, they got rid of the waiver trade deadline and Luhnow skunked them again with Greinke (for cash and four prospects). Now watch the media demand the trade deadline be moved up to June 30th.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Luhnow had all the Yankee and Sawx fans crying in their beers last night. A lot of f-bombs. When the Astros got Verlander, the east coast sports media had a hissy fit about the waiver trade deadline. So, they got rid of the waiver trade deadline and Luhnow skunked them again with Greinke (for cash and four prospects). Now watch the media demand the trade deadline be moved up to June 30th.
    Didn't the D-Backs send $24M to the Astros with Greinke for Beer, Bukauskas (SP?), Corbin Martin, and the other guy?

Some Astros faithful were bummed to see Corbin go because he's a hometown kid from Cypress, but after his amazing start on Mother's Day he shit the bed and ended up having Tommy John surgery so he's out for a while. Personally, I wouldn't have minded seeing Kyle Tucker go instead of Seth Beer, but I don't get paid to make those decisions.

I hate the Yankmes. It makes me happy to see them get skunked. The Astros just put the rest of baseball on notice. As long as everyone stays healthy, the Astros are going to be a wrecking ball for the rest of the season.

Although, with as much as Greinke is getting paid, I would still rather have seen Cole get extended. Miley will likely hit free agency. McCullers will be back next season. So, going in to next season with the assumption that Cole and Miley are gone, their top three will be an aging Verlander, and aging Greinke, and McCullers. Maybe Forrest Whitley will be ready next season. Maybe they'll turn Josh James in to a starter. I don't know.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Didn't the D-Backs send $24M to the Astros with Greinke for Beer, Bukauskas (SP?), Corbin Martin, and the other guy?

Some Astros faithful were bummed to see Corbin go because he's a hometown kid from Cypress, but after his amazing start on Mother's Day he shit the bed and ended up having Tommy John surgery so he's out for a while. Personally, I wouldn't have minded seeing Kyle Tucker go instead of Seth Beer, but I don't get paid to make those decisions.

I hate the Yankmes. It makes me happy to see them get skunked. The Astros just put the rest of baseball on notice. As long as everyone stays healthy, the Astros are going to be a wrecking ball for the rest of the season.

Although, with as much as Greinke is getting paid, I would still rather have seen Cole get extended. Miley will likely hit free agency. McCullers will be back next season. So, going in to next season with the assumption that Cole and Miley are gone, their top three will be an aging Verlander, and aging Greinke, and McCullers. Maybe Forrest Whitley will be ready next season. Maybe they'll turn Josh James in to a starter. I don't know.
    I would disagree with this. The ONLY thing Beer brings to the table is his hitting. If he can't hit MLB pitching...he's done. I know Tucker has struggled a bit and didn't look good at all during his call up last year, but as an overall player, I think he's a much safer bet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I would disagree with this. The ONLY thing Beer brings to the table is his hitting. If he can't hit MLB pitching...he's done. I know Tucker has struggled a bit and didn't look good at all during his call up last year, but as an overall player, I think he's a much safer bet.
    The same could be said about Yordan Alvarez, but look at what he's done as a DH this season. He broke Pujols' record for Pete's sake. Tucker is widely regarded as a top prospect by everyone in baseball scouting, so I'll trust their word. My eyes just tell me in his limited call-ups that he can't hit major league balls and he looked like a deer in the headlights in left field. He's crushing in AAA this season. I'm sure he'll get called up toward the end of the year again, especially with as south as Reddick has gone in the last couple months. I can't stand him anyway and his sixth inning ejection last night is exactly why.

Hating the Yankees is like hating baseball itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Hating the Yankees is like hating baseball itself.
    This isn’t accurate.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Poet, SR

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information