Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2019

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Of course. Pitching hasn't been bad, but the batters can't find the ball. Springer has been hitting well, Correa too, but Bregman, Altuve, and Brantley haven't been. They'll come alive sooner than later.

I'm not sure if you watched any of the Astros or highlights of last nights game, but the home plate umpire was a certified moron. His strike zone was all over the map. Hinch and the batting coach got tossed. When Hinch and the umpire were going at it, you could see the umpire yelling "I can do whatever I want" at Hinch. Gerrit Cole went off on him after the 7th inning. It was ridiculous. I haven't been that ticked off watching a baseball game in a long time.
    Yeah, I was watching it at the bar. Gotta say, I think umpires need an extended spring training this year. Not sure if it's just the games I've been watching or what, but I haven't seen a consistent strike zone yet. Seems like most are small as hell so far. Can'y say I've watched a game where there hasn't been at least 7-10 walks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Yeah, I was watching it at the bar. Gotta say, I think umpires need an extended spring training this year. Not sure if it's just the games I've been watching or what, but I haven't seen a consistent strike zone yet. Seems like most are small as hell so far. Can'y say I've watched a game where there hasn't been at least 7-10 walks.
    I think Cole had four or five walks last night after not walking one and striking out 10 in Tampa last week. The umpire last night was calling pitches that were damn near in the dirt strikes. Cole had one in the second or third inning that was inside the strike zone top left that should've been strike three on a full count, but the fool called it a ball. I get that there's a certain amount of interpretation and human error to account for, but the inconsistency so far this season is pretty frustrating, especially when balls that should clearly be called as strikes aren't and it's affecting the outcomes of games.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:

I think Cole had four or five walks last night after not walking one and striking out 10 in Tampa last week. The umpire last night was calling pitches that were damn near in the dirt strikes. Cole had one in the second or third inning that was inside the strike zone top left that should've been strike three on a full count, but the fool called it a ball. I get that there's a certain amount of interpretation and human error to account for, but the inconsistency so far this season is pretty frustrating, especially when balls that should clearly be called as strikes aren't and it's affecting the outcomes of games.
    Every game has been crazy it seems. I was watching the Cards and Pirates on Monday and the ump had a microscopic strike zone. Then he took a foul tip to the head and had to leave the game and the ump that replaced him expanded the strike zone by what seemed to be 6 inches in each direction. No consistency at all. I know there are solid arguments against a digital strike zone, but everything I keep seeing makes me want it more and more.

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Astros, Red Sox and Yankees are all off to bad starts. They should turn it around eventually.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

6. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Royals are going to really suck. Lucky to get to 70 wins, probably. They’ll go through stretches of awful hitting. The bullpen is awful. But they are going to be entertaining. They have a track team and Ned Yost is just going to let them go. Whit Merrifield just hit the team’s fifth triple.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Every game has been crazy it seems. I was watching the Cards and Pirates on Monday and the ump had a microscopic strike zone. Then he took a foul tip to the head and had to leave the game and the ump that replaced him expanded the strike zone by what seemed to be 6 inches in each direction. No consistency at all. I know there are solid arguments against a digital strike zone, but everything I keep seeing makes me want it more and more.
    I was waiting for Cole to smoke the umpire with a 99 MPH fastball last night. Would've been pretty priceless IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I was waiting for Cole to smoke the umpire with a 99 MPH fastball last night. Would've been pretty priceless IMO.
    I’ve only seen highlights and heard some audio. It was bad.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

There a exactly zero good reasons to not have a digital strike zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’ve only seen highlights and heard some audio. It was bad.
    It was. I'm not as big in to baseball as you and Coach so I don't know as much about what else is going on around the league, but it just completely baffled me. And the fact that he had the gall to yell "I can do whatever I want" at AJ Hinch...the arrogance...

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I watched part of the game and saw where Cole was tossing his warm ups and Kulpa moved in front of the plate to debate Cole. The catcher Stassi made his return throw from in back of the plate right past Kulpa's head. Kulpa didn't react but I thought that sent a message.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I watched part of the game and saw where Cole was tossing his warm ups and Kulpa moved in front of the plate to debate Cole. The catcher Stassi made his return throw from in back of the plate right past Kulpa's head. Kulpa didn't react but I thought that sent a message.
    I saw that too. It was ridiculous.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Edwards (Cle pitcher) pulled after 7 2/3ds into a no-hitter. Bases loaded now. Feel bad for the dude, getting a no-hitter in the majors is a lifetime achievement.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Edwards (Cle pitcher) pulled after 7 2/3ds into a no-hitter. Bases loaded now. Feel bad for the dude, getting a no-hitter in the majors is a lifetime achievement.
    Trevor Bauer was the starting pitcher. He, too, was pulled in a no-hitter. Edwards was the second pitcher in what is a combined no-hitter with Brad Hand on the mound now.

Bauer is an analytics guy, and super weird and quirky, so probably was fine with getting pulled after 117 pitches in seven innings.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Trevor Bauer was the starting pitcher. He, too, was pulled in a no-hitter. Edwards was the second pitcher in what is a combined no-hitter with Brad Hand on the mound.

Bauer is an analytics guy, and super weird and quirky, so probably was fine with getting pulled after 117 pitches in seven innings.
    Ok, thx. I was half-way watching and thought I saw a different guy, posted after I saw Edward's self-deprecating head-shake walking back to the dugout.

I liked Bauer immediately for no good reason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information