Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2019

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yeah, not a good start.
    If not for the wind, it could be 4-0. 4 hits so far in 2/3 of an inning. I cant wait for Opening Day 2023.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If not for the wind, it could be 4-0. 4 hits so far in 2/3 of an inning. I cant wait for Opening Day 2023.
    My DFS team needed that homer to be Andujar’s, not Voit.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    My DFS team needed that homer to be Andujar’s, not Voit.
    Andujar had one knocked down by the wind in the very next at bat

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Andujar had one knocked down by the wind in the very next at bat
    Yeah. Got both games on.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Poor Orioles. They have no chance. So who else is tanking for #1 this year? Marlins. Royals. Rangers.

Reported today that three teams will exceed the MLB luxury cap of player salaries. Two of them reside in the AL East. The other is the Cubs.

Poor Orioles. They have no chance.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Poor Orioles. They have no chance. So who else is tanking for #1 this year? Marlins. Royals. Rangers.

Reported today that three teams will exceed the MLB luxury cap of player salaries. Two of them reside in the AL East. The other is the Cubs.

Poor Orioles. They have no chance.
    A few years with the #1 draft pick and actually looking into the international pool and we should be just fine. Adley Rutschman come on down.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

JV with a first inning HR. Sad face.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    JV with a first inning HR. Sad face.
    No problem. Springer, Brantley and Altuve to the rescue. Third straight season Springer has homered on Opening Day - that's a record.

10. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

A few years with the #1 draft pick and actually looking into the international pool and we should be just fine. Adley Rutschman come on down.
    IIRC, the Orioles hired away one of the Astros' brains to run their front office. Of course, as long as you have that terrible owner, the Orioles will stay in the basement.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

No problem. Springer, Brantley and Altuve to the rescue. Third straight season Springer has homered on Opening Day - that's a record.
    Springer's homer was a BLAST. Loved seeing Brantley hit a homer in his first game as an Astro. Tuve being Tuve.

JV turned it on in the third and was money through seven. If he and Cole can duplicate last season and with the addition of Miley plus McHugh and a combination of Fromber Valdez/Josh James/Brad Peacock I think they have the best starters in baseball. They have one of the best relief pitchers in the league in Ryan Presley and a stud closure in Roberto Osuna. I would love to see 2017s offense with 2018 pitching.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Tigers shut out the Jays in 10! 7 innings, 1 hit, best performance by Zimmermann in a long time, and this is a guy I think by rights ought to be a #5 starter, not an opening day guy. Maybe he'll up his trade value!
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He was perfect through 6 1/3, Dread.

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

IIRC, the Orioles hired away one of the Astros' brains to run their front office. Of course, as long as you have that terrible owner, the Orioles will stay in the basement.
    The good news is Pete is getting old and handing daily operations over to his sons more and more each day. That's the reason they've woken up and gone to a more analytics approach by hiring Elias and Mejdal.

And let's not forget, from 2012-2015, the O's won more game over a 4 year span than any other team in MLB. So, we don't suck all the time under the Angelos regime. Just most of the time. That said...as it pertains to the next few years of rebuilding...Go Phillies!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The good news is Pete is getting old and handing daily operations over to his sons more and more each day. That's the reason they've woken up and gone to a more analytics approach by hiring Elias and Mejdal.

And let's not forget, from 2012-2015, the O's won more game over a 4 year span than any other team in MLB. So, we don't suck all the time under the Angelos regime. Just most of the time. That said...as it pertains to the next few years of rebuilding...Go Phillies!!!
    I would lament being in the same division as the free-spending Red Sox and Yankees would be like being in the same NFL division with the Patriots and Steelers. It's gotta suck.

Adopted Bronco:

I would lament being in the same division as the free-spending Red Sox and Yankees would be like being in the same NFL division with the Patriots and Steelers. It's gotta suck.
    The more frustrating part hasn't so much been their ability to sign whoever they want, but more their ability to run a quality organization that is capable of developing players and making smart decisions. The O's dont have home grown talent like Judge/Hicks/Severino/Betts/Bradley/etc. Instead we had Machado...and then failed to offer him an extension before his free agency came up. We'll never be able to afford Stanton's and Sale's, so we have to get it right with our development.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information