Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Brady/PAGS/WTE/PatsFan

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Congrats Brady/PAGS/WTE/PatsFan

Congrats to your team and to Tom Brady for winning his 6th SB. Its a pretty amazing feat and i highly doubt we will ever see anything like it again. Before i get to the game (from what i actually saw) lets get this out of the way.

Ok, now some thoughts.

If anything this postseason once again highlights how good Brady and BB have been as a collective between HC and QB. The Pats came into the postseason with a plan and they managed to get it to work to perfection. Most importantly is what was done on the defensive side of the ball. I think throughout the season the Pats were giving up almost 20-25 pts a game but in the postseason they cut that down a lot being very stingy. The fact that they managed to accomplish this while facing some of the best young offensive talent in the NFL right now. Love them or hate them Brady and the Pats have accomplished something special.

All that aside, some of the griping about Goff is a bit unwarranted in my opinion. Sure, he could have played better but really the team as a collective played like a deer in the headlights from McVey all the way down to the even the defense who were unable to make plays or get turnovers. McVey's playcalling was a head scratcher and i saw zero innovation from him tonight. Wade did the best he could but for a defense with a supposed "allstar" talent they didnt really make any crucial plays either. So in that regard the 2015 Denver Bronco defense is still way better than this Rams defense despite all the big names.

Goff will get a pass from me as he still has a lot to learn, but if he cannot progress from here on out than he may not be as good as advertised but right now i dont believe that is the case.

Anyway, congrats guys and enjoy yet another championship. While Elway will always be my favorite QB Brady just keeps making it closer and closer. Wow, just wow is all i can say.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

It's weird, as long as we are not competitive, I have zero hate for the pats.

I wanted the Rams to win, just bring Brady closer to .500 in Superbowl games

I also kinda like Brady's swag

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Im one of the few that dont hate the Pats either.

I live in douchebag NYJ land here and their hate for the Patriots is real.

Broncos have created many memorable victories in AFC Championship Games against them in the twilight of Mannings career that are special to us.

Its a level of dominance that we will never see again. No Coach/QB will win 6 Super Bowls in our lifetimes.

People spoke of Montana/Walsh and Bradshaw/Knoll both for 4, but Brady/Bellichick for 6? It's crazy.

Honestly it makes me wish Denver bought Mike Shanahan in earlier because Elway couldve been even better.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I am glad the Patriots won, for the sheer sake of "omg mcvay's barista would be a great head coach!". At the end of the day, coaching, teamwork, and a balanced attack wins championships. McVay got completely outcoached, and Goff got exposed hard. Good day for the game of football. Shame for non-Pats fans that one team has won 6 rings, but they earned it.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

It's true what they say, taping your opponent's practice s really pays off!!
    Last edited by slim; 02-04-2019 at 08:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I am glad the Patriots won, for the sheer sake of "omg mcvay's barista would be a great head coach!". At the end of the day, coaching, teamwork, and a balanced attack wins championships. McVay got completely outcoached, and Goff got exposed hard. Good day for the game of football. Shame for non-Pats fans that one team has won 6 rings, but they earned it.
    It wound up being good for us that everyone was so obsessed with McVay assistants. We got the best defensive coach on the market because of it.

I hope WTE, Pags, MN, and Brady fans all enjoyed it...and then get diarrhea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I take solace in the fact that the Broncos were one of the few teams to keep the Pats at bay during their dynasty. I believe we are the only team to have a winning record against Brady as well. That is only a cool stat because they are such a good team:

All that being said, I think the thing that was cemented for me last night is that I don't hate the Pats, but I do hate how boring it is when they are on top. Hearing them talk about how they were counted out made my eyes roll to the back of my head. I also wonder how some of these kids/young adults who grew up Pats fans are going to cope with a post Brady/BB era when they aren't in at least the AFCCG every year. Then again, that would mean the rest of the AFC East might actually have to be SOMEWHAT DECENT to dethrone them. If we should be mad at anyone, it should be the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills for sucking so bad to never even challenge for the division.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

North....Edelman looks like one of your Viking brothers.

17. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This was very cool of this Pats fan to do. Kudos to him to give these guys at least one night to feel human again.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Thanks!

21. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I begrudgingly offer my congratulations to our Patriots friends here.

Except North. He can G.F.O.

23. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I begrudgingly offer my congratulations to our Patriots friends here.

Except North. He can G.F.O.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I take solace in the fact that the Broncos were one of the few teams to keep the Pats at bay during their dynasty. I believe we are the only team to have a winning record against Brady as well. That is only a cool stat because they are such a good team:

All that being said, I think the thing that was cemented for me last night is that I don't hate the Pats, but I do hate how boring it is when they are on top. Hearing them talk about how they were counted out made my eyes roll to the back of my head. I also wonder how some of these kids/young adults who grew up Pats fans are going to cope with a post Brady/BB era when they aren't in at least the AFCCG every year. Then again, that would mean the rest of the AFC East might actually have to be SOMEWHAT DECENT to dethrone them. If we should be mad at anyone, it should be the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills for sucking so bad to never even challenge for the division.
    We still own Brady. 9-8 against Brady. Plus, we are 2-0 against Brady in AFC Championship matches. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    We still own Brady. 9-8 against Brady. Plus, we are 2-0 against Brady in AFC Championship matches. It's all good.
    Yeah? Well John Elway never lost to the Patriots so you stink.

28. The Following 3 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information