Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone drafting ahead of the Broncos in draft that needs a qb?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Raiders, bucs, giants, jags all needs QB's or in the case of the raiders are stupid enough to want a new QB... There is talk that the Lions could move on from Stafford, plus anyone could leapfrog us and take a QB.
    I've seen it posted on here before that the Lions want to move on from Stafford, but there is close to zero chance they could trade him and likely less than zero (Robert Downey Jr. sighting) chance they cut him.

He's got $19 million guaranteed in '19 and I think the dead money would be something like $50 million if he was released. That contract means that he's with the Lions at least through '19 and possibly '20 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I'm not against it. I look at it this way...

1. None of the rookie QB's will be starters this year unless it's on a rebuilding team...which we are not.
    2. I'm going to assume that after free agency and due to Fangio, the defense is going to be elite again.
    3. An average QB can win on a team with an elite defense
    4. Would I rather the final year of Keenum running this ship? Or a manager like Tannehill on a 1-year "prove it deal"?

Only other options are trading for Foles or Flacco. My vote would be Tannehill for a year.
    I agree with you that he's probably a better 2019 option than Keenum. Tannehill isn't spectacular and oft hurt, but he has a lot more starting experience, and success, than Keenum.

Foles is intriguing, but I think they are going to want a lot for him and he'll be paid franchise money. Flacco isn't an intriguing option to me.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I agree with you that he's probably a better 2019 option than Keenum. Tannehill isn't spectacular and oft hurt, but he has a lot more starting experience, and success, than Keenum.

Foles is intriguing, but I think they are going to want a lot for him and he'll be paid franchise money. Flacco isn't an intriguing option to me.
    Agreed on all.

So, if the options are a HEALTHY Tannehill, Flacco, expensive Foles or a rookie...I think the choice is obvious.

Agreed on all.

So, if the options are a HEALTHY Tannehill, Flacco, expensive Foles or a rookie...I think the choice is obvious.
    Rookie!!!

None of these rookie QB's will come in and start right away.

I know this was not your point, but just for the record. None of the QBs last year started right away either.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Washington is the biggest threat to move up. As it stands now, they have zero functioning QBs. They MUST do something...or multiple things.

I think Jax goes after Foles. His old OC is there and they have a roster (or at least should) built to win now.

NYG is interesting. The seem to be a no brainer to draft someone. Guess is depends on what they think of Haskins/Murray. They may wanna get a stud defender and bank on a 2nd round option. My guess is Haskins.

Although it's liar season and Miami may take a QB...I believe that they won't risk 2020 picks to move up for one.

I don't believe for a second Oakland or Tampa takes a QB. If Carr got traded...it would be to a team mentioned above, thus simply swapping places.

And that still leaves 1 big question...who gets Flacco?

7. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    chaz, what do you think of stidham, and tyree jackson?
    Stidham's completion % got worse every year he played.

Jackson is intriguing.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Dwayne Haskins reiterates he would 'love' if Giants draft him
    https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...ack-128681224/

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Dwayne Haskins reiterates he would 'love' if Giants draft him
    https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...ack-128681224/
    so would i!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

11. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information