Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: How is Tebow out of the league...

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I don't think SF's being too unreasonable here.
    That's a matter of opinion I guess, because I too think he went a bit over the top.

2. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Who have you seen acting like we're winning a superbowl because of this move? For that matter who on these boards is even overly excited about this move? Most of us were thoroughly unenthused. I think Shane's off base with this constant "OH SO WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL WITH FLACCO" nonsense.

I've not seen a single person even suggest playoffs are likely, just that he's an upgrade over Case. Which is really, the lowest of low bars you can set at this point in time.
    If the response to a question about his merits (whether the question is implicit or explicit) is he's won a SB, then his response is fine. It's a coy way, really, of picking apart some of Flacco's resume.

I saw on some sports show Flacco is last in QBR, TDs, and win loss record for any starting QB in the league since 2012 with 75 starts. I expect he can be better than that, but it's a projection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I don't think SF's being too unreasonable here.
    Yes and no.

I love Shane, i really do but if you are being honest at all the guys that Shane Loves/trumps/champions whatever have never tasted the success that Flacco has. Keep in mind, this does not make Flacco a HOF QB, in fact he probably has a lot more in common with Trent Difler and Brad Johnson. But the point i was making is that Flacco does have that experience, he does have far more consistency in the NFL with holding down a starting job than Kelly or Tebow and that is what im getting at.

Shane's comment was why one guy was in the league the other was not. My picture of Joe with the trophy wasnt to say that Denver is going to win the SB with him, only that Flacco has indeed done something that Tebow and Kelly have not. And lets be clear here, when it comes to Dilfer and Johnson both of those guys had way better defenses than Joe had when he won the SB. If Denver can at the very least get "that" version of Flacco i think we will be ok for a couple of years while we try and find our next QB.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yes and no.

I love Shane, i really do but if you are being honest at all the guys that Shane Loves/trumps/champions whatever have never tasted the success that Flacco has. Keep in mind, this does not make Flacco a HOF QB, in fact he probably has a lot more in common with Trent Difler and Brad Johnson. But the point i was making is that Flacco does have that experience, he does have far more consistency in the NFL with holding down a starting job than Kelly or Tebow and that is what im getting at.

Shane's comment was why one guy was in the league the other was not. My picture of Joe with the trophy wasnt to say that Denver is going to win the SB with him, only that Flacco has indeed done something that Tebow and Kelly have not. And lets be clear here, when it comes to Dilfer and Johnson both of those guys had way better defenses than Joe had when he won the SB. If Denver can at the very least get "that" version of Flacco i think we will be ok for a couple of years while we try and find our next QB.
    I agree his guys aren't as successful as Flacco was. But I think, at heart of SF's commentary, is that it's just that, he was. And I know that you know that because you're a Viking. I don't disagree with you about the holding down a job, either.

I also get your standpoint to - it's not like you're expecting a SB win, but an experienced hand at QB does have some merit.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Yes and no.

I think that might be the most unbelievable understatement of the new Millenium.

Let me see if I get this straight. If the Broncos could only get the miracle 2012 Joe Flacco, the'd be "ok" for a couple of years "until they could find their new QB?" Did I hear that right?

2012 Joe Flacco had a career moment. He was that guy who gets suddenly hot in the playoffs he is shocked they even have gotten into. And somehow, unexpectedly, they go on a run and just keep going until they win a Super Bowl. For reasons that in retrospect never make any real sense, but somehow, inside the locker room, they just seemed to make sense at the time. And somehow, magically it just seemed to work.

The seas parted before him, Rahim Moore fell over his own shoes, and suddenly, magically, the Ravens get past the 13-3 Broncos and even ambush the Patriots in a game where the Ravens scored 28 point, and utterly dominated the Patriots in the second half, scoring 21 points in the second half while Flacco threw 3 TDs.

It's just about the only time the Patriots lost an AFC Playoff Game at Gillette Stadium. They hardly ever lose there, but they lost that day, and badly.

Then of course they went on to crush the 49ers in the SB. It would have been a total blowout except for the extensive power failure time out that allowed the shellshocked and clearly beaten 49ers to clearly re-group and make a game of it in the second half.

I would love to be 25 again and meet my ex-girlfriend when I was living in NY, and go through all those wonderful experiences again. We'd get into all the exclusive clubs in NY where especially the ones where the snobby door men used to take screening out the unglamourous and un-famous as their job description. But we always got in right away, because she was tall and blonde and busty and beautiful and doormen took one look at her and waived her in. They'd glare at me and look me up and down in disapproval, but I got in too because I was holding her arm tight so they couldn't separate us. Those were some good times.

But, I'll never relive all those experiences ever again. I'm older now and you don't ever get to go back.

Joe Flacco doesn't ever get to go back to that magical time. He hasn't come close once in the last 5 seasons, and nobody expects him to now.
    Last edited by Cugel; 02-15-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Yes and no.

Shane Falco was a Replacement player. People thought Martel was all hot shit. But Falco led the Washington Sentinels to the playoffs.

11. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    So Broncos to the superbowl? book it?

Amazing how Flacco just changed the entire culture in one offseason. He is a SB champion after all.....
    So the Broncos win a wildcard play-off game with Tebow at QB & you throw him a ticker-tape parade every opportunity you get. The Ravens win a SB with Flacco at QB & you express nothing but contempt for him
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Pretty sure i won this thread. And i didnt even bump it

14. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Flacco played for a few years before he got to the SB. TT didn't have that time in the league tho
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Flacco played for a few years before he got to the SB. TT didn't have that time in the league tho
    I was simply judging Flacco by the same standard that Shane judges Tebow. Note that I never said Tebow won a wild-card playoff game, nor that Flacco won a SB.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    So the Broncos win a wildcard play-off game with Tebow at QB & you throw him a ticker-tape parade every opportunity you get. The Ravens win a SB with Flacco at QB & you express nothing but contempt for him
    That's because, not only do I understand that football is a team sport, but the Ravens had an old school coach who build the team around a great D and a power running game. In their scheme, the QB only needed to be good enough to burn the opposing D if they stacked 8 or 9 in the box to stop the RB (which was Ray Rice during his glory years) and to not turn the ball over. If the QB is good enough at doing that, it would force the opposing D to play with fewer men in the box, opening up the running lanes for the RB which would give them a 1-2 punch that would keep opposing Ds on their heels.

I know that stat lines don't tell full story, but they do show that he & the entire the entire Ravens' team were average to above average the year they won the SB, except in turnovers in which the excelled as usual at not giving up. https://aws.pro-football-reference.c...s/rav/2012.htm

So the lack of turnovers, including by Flacco, probably have had more to do with the Ravens winning that SB then anything he actually did.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

"Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

That was a methodical beating. Just a first rate butchering of a man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

We should start a PROTEST!!!!

😁

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    We should start a PROTEST!!!!

😁
    I'll counter-protest your protest

21. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I'll counter-protest your protest
    Isn't that the answer to everything these days! Have a protest!

Tebow should have switched Position to FB.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived capt. Jack For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information