Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How is Tebow out of the league...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    Honestly its a good point. L Jackson from the Ravens has the same skill set and he's starting for the Ravens. The Ravens seem all in on a QB who can't throw the ball and building an offense around it. Can't help but think Tebow would be a perfect back up to Jackson there if they are building a scheme around those deficiencies.
    Tebow played for what, 3 or 4 teams? And none of them found him worthy of keeping around as a backup. Ultimately, if a team thought he could help him win they would have brought him in. And it certainly didn't help him how rabid his fanbase is. Literally the last thing a team wants in a backup QB is someone who (even if it's through no control of their own) is going to be a distraction.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Tebow played for what, 3 or 4 teams? And none of them found him worthy of keeping around as a backup. Ultimately, if a team thought he could help him win they would have brought him in. And it certainly didn't help him how rabid his fanbase is. Literally the last thing a team wants in a backup QB is someone who (even if it's through no control of their own) is going to be a distraction.
    This is true but no team wanted to take a risk on a QB that couldn't pass the ball consistently until the Ravens this year. They seem to be all in on tailoring on offense for that skill set so it could be argued that Tebow could play, even as a back up, in a offense like that. Agreed on the distraction part but I'll put that more on the media than the fan base. The same circus that follows Kaps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    He's getting paid a nice salary to suck.
    Buff will do it for $20.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Buff will do it for $20.
    Dave will do it for free.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Dave will do it for free.
    He uses too much teeth.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    Honestly its a good point. L Jackson from the Ravens has the same skill set and he's starting for the Ravens. .
    Its early, i doubt he lasts in the league to be honest.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Its early, i doubt he lasts in the league to be honest.
    I agree. After seeing how awful he actually is at throwing the ball I was shocked the Ravens stuck with him but they did and seem focused on going all in on the kid. I can see the Ravens being heavy players in drafting a QB next year which may be easier for them to do if Jackson plays at the same level again next year.

13. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Tebow tried out for 4 teams, but 2 of them (Patriots & Eagles) cut him at the end of training camp. The Jets' own forced him on their HC, who responded by making him a punt protector. The only NFL team in which he actually played QB for was the Broncos.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Tebow tried out for 4 teams, but 2 of them (Patriots & Eagles) cut him at the end of training camp. The Jets' own forced him on their HC, who responded by making him a punt protector. The only NFL team in which he actually played QB for was the Broncos.
    I think Wave's point is (and i agree) that Tebow started for Denver but failed to beat out competition for a job on 3 other teams. The fact he could not win a job in a Chip Kelly offense says a lot.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Is Jackson any better than Tebow? From I've seen it's a no. My point is no team has really ever committed to a QB that can't actually throw the ball consistently until the Ravens just did so with Jackson. Given the similar skill set I think Tebow could play in an offense that is being tailored now for Jackson. I don't think either of them would make a roster with a conventional offense, Tebow obviously didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I wonder if eagles, pats and jets fans, also all see Tebow as the great qb that their team was too stupid to keep?

The way we lament the demise of this dude is insane.
    Nope !

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That's a pretty unfair comparison though. He didn't lead the Pats, eagles, or Jets to a division title and epic playoff win as their starting QB. So obviously broncos fans are going to have more of an attachment to him in that regard.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Just an incredibly over talked about subject, but I'll interject my opinion anyway:

Tebow would have been a better prospect and potential (note potential) QB if everyone hadn't f****d with his throwing motion. He was consistently on the north side of 66% completions @ Florida. His "win at all costs" attitude was contagious and it's clear he lifted the Broncos that year to play better and fight to the end and never give up.

/thread

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Just an incredibly over talked about subject, but I'll interject my opinion anyway:

Tebow would have been a better prospect and potential (note potential) QB if everyone hadn't f****d with his throwing motion. He was consistently on the north side of 66% completions @ Florida. His "win at all costs" attitude was contagious and it's clear he lifted the Broncos that year to play better and fight to the end and never give up.

/thread
    I actually agree that having all those coaches try to fix his throwing motion probably ruined his career. He always played his best when he was just out there improvising and not worrying about his mechanics late in games. Yeah he had a funky/slow throwing motion in college, but it's what worked for him. Guys like Rivers did just fine with a funky throwing motion.

I think if Tebow had never tried to change his mechanics, he'd still be in the league as at least a backup.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

That's a pretty unfair comparison though. He didn't lead the Pats, eagles, or Jets to a division title and epic playoff win as their starting QB. So obviously broncos fans are going to have more of an attachment to him in that regard.
    Well they all saw what he was capable of.
    Last edited by Valar Morghulis; 02-05-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information