Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Foles to be franchised...

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Back to making fajitas cause that's more exciting than keesum or foles.
    beef, chicken, other?

i don't think any of this year's QBs are more exciting than plain bean burritos. . . next year's class got that sizzle. . . i want the best defensive player at # 10-- devin white if he's there, greedy williams or baker. . . or the OT, jonah whathisname, if they believe in him. . . i would be on board for letting skanks and the offensive coaching have some input on which of the second tier Qbs they want to develop. . . i think a guy like stidham could potentially be a derek carr type with proper coaching. . . this class is more deep than it is top-heavy with true blue chip prospects-- this is a year that a guy from the second or third round could emerge as the best of the lot. . . take advantage by fishing for a cheap solution in the mid rounds, while staying true to your draft board at #10. . .

recognize that you're in a transition year, and don't throw good money after bad by overpaying even more for another incremental upgrade with a journeyman vet. . . accept keenum as a sunk cost, and give fangio and his staff a mulligan year if it doesn't go great. . . give them the freedom to play the rook-- or not-- if and when they see fit. . . bring him along at his own pace. . . if you don't think he's got the goods, then trade the farm next year. . . increase your odds with multiple swings at it if necessary, and use the rest of your valuable picks this year to rebuilt your deplenished depth chart around whichever young QB you eventually go with. . .

they can even trade back into the tail end of the first if there's a guy they really like, and want to get that fifth year option on. . . like the ravens did with lamar last year. . . there's more than one way to skin a cat. . . elway shouldn't be at the breaking point just yet-- no need to go all-in on a sub-par hand. . . obviously JMO, but it's now gonna be a long off-season of this same junk. . . #FML
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Wentz and Goff weren't considered Elway type players.
    They were considered top 5 talents

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

And both have been outplayed by Foles of late.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Report: Nick Foles informing Eagles he is voiding option

Well, that didn’t take long.

Not long after a report came out that the Eagles have informed Nick Foles they are exercising the $20 million option on his contract comes word that the quarterback is informing the Eagles he is voiding the option, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Both moves were expected, with Foles paying the team $2 million to buy back his freedom.

The Eagles now can place the franchise tag on the backup quarterback in hopes of trading him. The franchise tag for quarterbacks is expected to be around $25 million for next season, with the window for use of the tag opening Feb. 19.
    rest - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...oiding-option/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Foles isn't dumb, he knows what's up. If I was the eagles I would try and franchise and trade him though....I think Foles is going to end up in Jacksonville personally
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

8. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Foles isn't dumb, he knows what's up. If I was the eagles I would try and franchise and trade him though....I think Foles is going to end up in Jacksonville personally
    I've read of Jacksonville's interest and Philly's interest to send him there, but what is the sell for Foles? Weak WR options, no OL whatsoever...and the RB situation is a mess. Hyde is done, Fournette had his guarantees voided and the rest are FA's. Plus...what existing talent does JAX have to get rid of to not only get below the cap, but get below enough to afford Foles. Yeah, if he's tagged and traded, there isn't much of an option for him, but I don't think Philly does that to him and I have no clue how Jax would afford it.

On paper, JAX makes sense, but when you look into it...I think their next QB comes from the draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I've read of Jacksonville's interest and Philly's interest to send him there, but what is the sell for Foles? Weak WR options, no OL whatsoever...and the RB situation is a mess. Hyde is done, Fournette had his guarantees voided and the rest are FA's. Plus...what existing talent does JAX have to get rid of to not only get below the cap, but get below enough to afford Foles. Yeah, if he's tagged and traded, there isn't much of an option for him, but I don't think Philly does that to him and I have no clue how Jax would afford it.

On paper, JAX makes sense, but when you look into it...I think their next QB comes from the draft.
    I don't think the sell is for Foles if he becomes a FA to go to Jacksonville, I think if he makes it to FA he goes somewhere else, I believe he ends up there via trade, so he wont much have a choice lol...
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

He would be starter, but then they would convince him that they will fix problems.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information