Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Foles to be franchised...

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default Foles to be franchised...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...es-sources-say

This would be PERFECT IMO. Deal the 3rd rounder.

I like him. Pay the pick and the franchise year. If he works out, pay the man.

If Keenum isn't the future, deal him for a 5th. Foles gets a 1 year tryout outside of Philly. If he fails, we sell the farm in 2020 and aren't married to him past 2019.

This would be a disaster. There's a reason one of the best organizations in football isn't staying with him. There's a reason he's never been a consistent QB. There's a reason he was average at best this postseason.

We know Keenum isn't the future. We know Foles isn't the future anywhere, either. Two sets of Eagles coaches are telling us he's not the man. He washed out in Saint Louis. He's not a good QB. Elway would be doing more quick fix ******y if he went with this.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

In your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    In your opinion.
    Which has more substantiated evidence behind it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

We've heard...at nauseam

Yeah - there's no redundancies in the other camps. Welcome to a message board - poop face.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

This would be a pure gamble, based on one post season and a romantic notion of talent. Foles sucks ass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    This would be a pure gamble, based on one post season and a romantic notion of talent. Foles sucks ass.
    Of course it's a gamble. But risk v reward is there. He's had more success than Keenum. We paid for him. He's had success early on as well as over the past 2 seasons. And more importantly..

...who the he'll else are we gonna land?

These rooks are trash. Haskins is going early. Murray would be a fun ride but I'm guessing baseball at the end of the day. Id live with Lock at 10...but no way I deal anything for him. Jones is garbage. As is everyone else. These guys didn't perform in college, have awful completion%s and weren't winners. Sure...the desperate market will overvalue these future failures, but that doesn't mean we should.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Of course it's a gamble. But risk v reward is there. He's had more success than Keenum. We paid for him. He's had success early on as well as over the past 2 seasons. And more importantly..

...who the he'll else are we gonna land?

These rooks are trash. Haskins is going early. Murray would be a fun ride but I'm guessing baseball at the end of the day. Id live with Lock at 10...but no way I deal anything for him. Jones is garbage. As is everyone else. These guys didn't perform in college, have awful completion%s and weren't winners. Sure...the desperate market will overvalue these future failures, but that doesn't mean we should.
    I just see no reward in this. I get that is pure opinion, but i just think foles will totally suck

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I just see no reward in this. I get that is pure opinion, but i just think foles will totally suck
    Reward is that he isn't as bad as some think. He clearly has skills. He showed that early in his career and he has had a great 14 months. As much as some don't like him, is he not a Keenum upgrade? Add that there is zero long-term risk and all I personally see is reward.

Risk is he does suck again and we need to draft a QB...but in a much better class.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Wentz is happy af. Carry me, Foles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Reward is that he isn't as bad as some think. He clearly has skills. He showed that early in his career and he has had a great 14 months. As much as some don't like him, is he not a Keenum upgrade? Add that there is zero long-term risk and all I personally see is reward.

Risk is he does suck again and we need to draft a QB...but in a much better class.
    Intellectually i see this - but gut feeling tells me to run a mile from foles

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Foles may not be the future but there is zero doubt he is better than Keenum. I could live with a one year contract with him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So the Broncos would be paying at least $40 million for quarterbacks next year? Yikes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So the Broncos would be paying at least $40 million for quarterbacks next year? Yikes.
    I would deal CK for a 4 or 5...eat some of the cash and call it a day.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information