Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Foles to be franchised...

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You're a family man and I don't hate you. I don't have a big family, Nomad. If anything, I'd be envious.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad you dont hate slim. He is the ultimate family man in my mind. I continually express that to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad you dont hate slim. He is the ultimate family man in my mind. I continually express that to him.
    Slim and I love one another.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Falls mostly on Foles for being garbage for most of that game. And he was lucky to get a deflected FG against Chicago.

Fole's gold, my man. Fole's gold.
    Says you. I personally like my QBs to step up when it matters most. You have a caveat for every point you make but conveniently ignore Chicago is the #1 D and NO is probably the hardest place to play right now. Bit you are right. Jeffrey dropping an easy red zone 1st down was clearly Foles's fault. Horrible how he tried to be clutch again like that.

5. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Franchise tag means he will cost $27.5 million. He's good, but not $27.5 million good. Hard pass. Let some other team trade for him, because he's not a 5 year solution and only a bubble waiting to burst at $27.5 million.
    It's not my money. We just rolled over 8 million and have plenty of cap room. You can only sign so many FAs.

Didn't you say Cousins cost too much?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    It's not my money.
    You are so much smarter than to use this line. No one is bringing up the contract out of concern for the owners pockets. It's out of concern for the ability to sign other players.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

It's not my money. We just rolled over 8 million and have plenty of cap room. You can only sign so many FAs.
    $27.5 million, if I'm interpreting franchise payout right for QBs this year, means it would make 0 sense to trade for him versus going after Flacco. Flacco is affordable by comparison.

As Wave said, this impacts signing other FAs. I'd like Roby and Veldheer back, and to make a play for Mosley or Anthony Barr to play the Willis/Roquan 3-4 ILB role.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Didn't you say Cousins cost too much?
    Multiyear vs 1 year when we didn't have the cap space. I would have preferred him over KC but wasn't mad at JE for not getting into a bidding war.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You are so much smarter than to use this line. No one is bringing up the contract out of concern for the owners pockets. It's out of concern for the ability to sign other players.
    I know that...but you also know there are owners who stay at the cap floor. That's why there is one. We have the $ this year...use it. Roll the dice. Then get 1 or 2 key FA and draft to fill out the roster

I know that...but you also know there are owners who stay at the cap floor. That's why there is one. We have the $ this year...use it. Roll the dice. Then get 1 or 2 key FA and draft to fill out the roster
    Rolling the dice is what got use Keenum.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Rolling the dice is what got use Keenum.
    I'd take the clearly better QB for a 1 year rental. Even Elway knew CK wasn't the answer. Foles at least could be.

15. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Member that time when Foles threw for 27 td and only two picks. Or say this year when he. Completed over 70% of his passes? I will admit it. In that draft I was all over Russell Wilson, and I was hateful towards Foles, but Sid really believed in him. And if you look at the course of his career. When he's been in the right system and had a decent offensive coordinator slash quarterbacks coach he's been phenomenal.

17. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Member that time when Foles threw for 27 td and only zero picks. Or say this year when he. Completed over 70% of his passes? I will admit it. And that draft I was all over Russell Wilson, and I was hateful towards Foles, but Sid really believed in him. And if you look at the course of his career. When he's been in the right system and had a decent offensive coordinator slash quarterbacks coach he's been phenomenal.
    And that's why I bang the drum for him. He didn't pull a Keenum with 1 good year. He did it early on. He was incredible. Then something went wrong and he ended up where QBs go to die...Jeff Fisher's roster. And now he looms legitimate again. I would just like to be the team that gets him in case he can keep it going. Because if he can...

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

And that's why I bang the drum for him. He didn't pull a Keenum with 1 good year. He did it early on. He was incredible. Then something went wrong and he ended up where QBs go to die...Jeff Fisher's roster. And now he looms legitimate again. I would just like to be the team that gets him in case he can keep it going. Because if he can...
    Well we all know has potential. Had a couple down Years playing for one of the worst quarterback coaches in history of the NFL. And then he put up almost no numbers as a backup in Kansas City. Then he comes the next year and makes the amazing playoff run and this year goes out and complete 70% of his passes. I'm just not sure what people are trying to nitpick with him at this point. Steve McNair was successful despite his time with Jeff Fisher. No other quarterback has played well for him ever.

One big game and one blocked FG - that is the Foles legacy. Keenum taught us to look at a player's overall career when judging him.

Don't worry - I'll still be here when CK is chucking wobblers down the field and a defensive player was taken in the first round.
    The foles legacy is a SB win coming off the bench for an injured 1st rounder.

I don't want foles, but that's what his legacy will be. None of that other stuff.

I also don't want to take a qb just to take a qb. That's how you end up with Paxton lynch. If they aren't good or a project, no thanks. The qb prospects this year are trash. I don't want to sell the farm, to get a decent qb. Wait a year, suck it up and sell the farm on a great guy. Build the d, and then get your qb.
    Last edited by GEM; 02-03-2019 at 10:08 AM.

21. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information