Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Alliance of American Football

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    If these 8 teams were officially affiliated with a specific NFL franchises, then the other 24 without a AAF affiliate would be at a competitive disadvantage.
    Each AAF team is affiliated with 4 NFL teams.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Each AAF team is affiliated with 4 NFL teams.
    This makes perfect sense for a developmental league 1/4 the size of a parent league. Hopefully, it's the 1st step towards what I've been saying for years, the NFL needs to set up a farm system like MLB has.

Can you provide a link that shows who is affiliated who?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This makes perfect sense for a developmental league 1/4 the size of a parent league. Hopefully, it's the 1st step towards what I've been saying for years, the NFL needs to set up a farm system like MLB has.

Can you provide a link that shows who is affiliated who?
    I can't find a link that lays it out specifically. Maybe Abe can help you there. I don't think they are formal partnerships so much as each team can draft from specific areas where certain NFL teams are. The details online are kinda hard to find.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 02-02-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Just go to the wikipedia page for the teams and near the bottom it'll show the 4 NFL teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_L...llions#Players

5. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Just go to the wikipedia page for the teams and near the bottom it'll show the 4 NFL teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_L...llions#Players
    I'm always careful about trusting anything Wikipedia say because there sources are of unknown quality, but at least this article link me to 1 that I do consider trustworthy:

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/...rminghams.html

Although the Wikipedia info did prove to be accurate, the system is a little more complicated. Although the AAF does apparently offically use the term "affiliated" to describe the relationship they have with the colleges in their region, as well as NFL & CFL clubs, I think the term "feeder colleges & clubs" (which is used to explain what is meant by affiliated in the article that I've link to) would be more accurate.

"When a player is cut or he is not in the NFL or CFL, the first thing is we look for a college affiliation," Polian told The Associated Press. "His rights are your property if he is affiliated with one of your colleges. If his college is not assigned, we go to his pro team. If the NFL team does not work, and he is in the CFL, we go to that. Finally, if he is completely unallocated, he can be put on the rights list first-come, first-serve."
    So, a player that gets cut by the Broncos doesn't automatically go to Salt Lake, but to the team designated in according the regional college if the school is an "affiliated." If it's not, then they would go to Salt Lake.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'll be rooting for the San Diego team as Rifle's own Ryan Moeller has made the team.

I watched this young man play almost every varsity game he participated in and it was like watching a man amongst boys. He went to CU and became an All Pac12 performer.

Easily the greatest athlete I've seen come from my tiny little high school and a very good young man. His dad was my son's HC on his youth football teams and Ryan was around enough to get a good feel on what type of young man he is and he's very impressive.

Go Fleet!!!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Go Fleet! I can respect a military mascot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm always careful about trusting anything Wikipedia say because there sources are of unknown quality, but at least this article link me to 1 that I do consider trustworthy:

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/...rminghams.html

Although the Wikipedia info did prove to be accurate, the system is a little more complicated. Although the AAF does apparently offically use the term "affiliated" to describe the relationship they have with the colleges in their region, as well as NFL & CFL clubs, I think the term "feeder colleges & clubs" (which is used to explain what is meant by affiliated in the article that I've link to) would be more accurate.

So, a player that gets cut by the Broncos doesn't automatically go to Salt Lake, but to the team designated in according the regional college if the school is an "affiliated." If it's not, then they would go to Salt Lake.
    Wikipedia is consistently one of the most accurate sources out there these days. Not trusting it is so 2005 .

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Wikipedia is consistently one of the most accurate sources out there these days. Not trusting it is so 2005 .
    The fact that anyone on this site can post "facts" over their is reason enough to doubt it

The games start tonight on CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    The games start tonight on CBS.
    Scrolled through three pages to get to this. Should have started bottom up.

Which team is associated with the Broncos?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Scrolled through three pages to get to this. Should have started bottom up.

Which team is associated with the Broncos?
    Salt Lake Stallions!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think they are showing all the games free on the website, so I will be watching if I can stay up.

I was going to be supporting the Memphis team, but I think I know need to default to Salt Lake.

Go Stallions!

16. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I think they are showing all the games free on the website, so I will be watching if I can stay up.

I was going to be supporting the Memphis team, but I think I know need to default to Salt Lake.

Go Stallions!
    Just support both. One is east and the other is west.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Just support both. One is east and the other is west.
    This is like supporting 2 different NFL teams. You sadistic son of a bitch!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information