Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Alliance of American Football

Think they'd take Flacco?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I wonder what the line is on Arizona/Memphis? Ought to be at least 10.

BTW, I dislike the mandatory "going for 2" after every touchdown. Not that I like the extra point kick either. Both leagues get it wrong. The TD should be 7 points and then the head coach has the option to take one point off the board and go for two. Saves time and the scores will look more like traditional football scores instead of 18-12 or similar crap.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I wonder what the line is on Arizona/Memphis? Ought to be at least 10.

BTW, I dislike the mandatory "going for 2" after every touchdown. Not that I like the extra point kick either. Both leagues get it wrong. The TD should be 7 points and then the head coach has the option to take one point off the board and go for two. Saves time and the scores will look more like traditional football scores instead of 18-12 or similar crap.
    Who cares if scores "look traditional"? I just want to watch fun football. Seeing a two pointer after every score is fun.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Who cares if scores "look traditional"? I just want to watch fun football. Seeing a two pointer after every score is fun.
    Get off my lawn!

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Ryan Moeller had another pick tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEC498D2-B65B-4516-A44A-81AB8A6104DE.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	13730

Lol. I’m down.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

It's fun now in part because it is unusual. Once it stops being unusual, it will become stale. Imagine a rule that said teams must do an on-side kickoff after every touchdown? In the beginning, it would be fun to watch. After a 54-51 Rams-KC game, it will get boring.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It's fun now in part because it is unusual. Once it stops being unusual, it will become stale. Imagine a rule that said teams must do an on-side kickoff after every touchdown? In the beginning, it would be fun to watch. After a 54-51 Rams-KC game, it will get boring.
    Extra points are literally the most stale/boring part of a football game. No one tunes in to watch the kicker.

The onside kick comparison is also utterly ridiculous. That would fundamentally change the game. Requiring two point conversions instead of extra points is overall a pretty minor change. Assuming two point conversions are made at a 50% rate, which they usually tend to be, the scoring will pretty much be the same as if all extra points were kicked.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 02-19-2019 at 08:53 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	89672267-E88E-4FDE-9593-CBA89517B5C8.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	13738

Birmingham QB Luis Perez has been contacted by 8 NFL teams. (CBS)

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Birmingham QB Luis Perez has been contacted by 8 NFL teams. (CBS)
    Makes sense. His accuracy has been very good. A large number of incompletions were barely tipped away by DBs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Apparently the AAF almost ran out of money to even pay their players after week 1 and had to get bailed out with a 250 million dollar investment from the Hurricanes owner. That's a pretty ominous sign.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Apparently the AAF almost ran out of money to even pay their players after week 1 and had to get bailed out with a 250 million dollar investment from the Hurricanes owner. That's a pretty ominous sign.
    Not unusual for a startup though. It's getting pretty good viewership on TV, and the $$ will eventually come. I hope anyway, because I enjoy watching it!

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Extra points are literally the most stale/boring part of a football game. No one tunes in to watch the kicker.

The onside kick comparison is also utterly ridiculous. That would fundamentally change the game. Requiring two point conversions instead of extra points is overall a pretty minor change. Assuming two point conversions are made at a 50% rate, which they usually tend to be, the scoring will pretty much be the same as if all extra points were kicked.
    True, but I like that a coach has a choice of 1 or 2 points. Sure, 1 is more boring and still nearly automatic, but the choice itself lends more intrigue to the 2pt conversion in my mind.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information