Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: John Elway Said to be High on Quarterback Drew Lock

Default John Elway Said to be High on Quarterback Drew Lock

What a strange name for a drug. Forgive the bad joke.

It could be the Broncos: G.M. John Elway is smitten with Lock, according to the Denver Post, which calls that the worst-kept secret at the Senior Bowl.

Elway’s interest in Lock didn’t start at the Senior Bowl. Elway attended the Arkansas-Missouri game in November, when Lock had an excellent game, passing for two touchdowns, running for two more and leading Missouri to a 38-0 win.

Read more at: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...TIbEwDWvR0ve9Q
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Well...there goes the element of surprise.

I do like Drew Lock though, he’s the only QB in this draft I’d take in the top 10.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Oh God Mr. Elway please get him.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    ...and then start him as a rookie so we don't have to wait to see if he is the next Elway bust.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

This is the kiss of death if Elway loves Lock. . Now....if Skank loved Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    ...and then start him as a rookie so we don't have to wait to see if he is the next Elway bust.
    Case needs to be pushed. He wont make it halfway through the Season if he plays like last year then put Lock in. This is a Win Win.

Broncos better not mess with me! Elway GET THIS KID.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Haskins would be preferable but I’d take Lock quite happily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

It's worth a shot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I call bs on this story. Elway and company just saw first hand at the Senior Bowl week how NFL ready this kid is and it wasn't good. Lock was the best of a group of QB's that looked awful at times. NO WAY he takes this kid at the 10 spot, he isn't even remotely close to being the tenth best player available in this years draft. Two years ago the team took needs over BPA and it didn't work out so great (just see Bolles). Last year they went BPA and Denver had one of the best drafts ever. There's a lot of talent coming out this year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Denver desperately needs a young QB but trading up or taking one at the 10 spot would be a HUGE reach. I'd roll the dice on the 2020 QB's.

Was he actually bad at the Senior Bowl? I keep seeing mixed reviews.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

He was inconsistent, the others were bad bordering on awful. His ball placement was all over the place even against air and he played tentative at times when challenged. I'd say any hype on him was due to the others looking so bad. If I were to roll the dice on ANY of the guys there I would go with T Jackson in the later rounds. I went there hoping I'd get a glimpse of Denvers next franchise QB and left convinced it wasn't anybody at this years senior bowl. I did miss Wednesdays practice and heard the QB's looked better during that practice so maybe he played lights out that day? Not sure but he definitely didn't during the Tuesday and Thursday practice.

13. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    He was inconsistent, the others were bad bordering on awful. His ball placement was all over the place even against air and he played tentative at times when challenged. I'd say any hype on him was due to the others looking so bad. If I were to roll the dice on ANY of the guys there I would go with T Jackson in the later rounds. I went there hoping I'd get a glimpse of Denvers next franchise QB and left convinced it wasn't anybody at this years senior bowl. I did miss Wednesdays practice and heard the QB's looked better during that practice so maybe he played lights out that day? Not sure but he definitely didn't during the Tuesday and Thursday practice.
    Agree on all points

15. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I call bs on this story. Elway and company just saw first hand at the Senior Bowl week how NFL ready this kid is and it wasn't good. Lock was the best of a group of QB's that looked awful at times. NO WAY he takes this kid at the 10 spot, he isn't even remotely close to being the tenth best player available in this years draft. Two years ago the team took needs over BPA and it didn't work out so great (just see Bolles). Last year they went BPA and Denver had one of the best drafts ever. There's a lot of talent coming out this year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Denver desperately needs a young QB but trading up or taking one at the 10 spot would be a HUGE reach. I'd roll the dice on the 2020 QB's.
    Saving this post for later.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I think you are putting Waaaaaay too much stock in the SB practices. They practice for like a week an throwing to guys who they have never thrown too before. The timing, the learning of the offense...All within 1 week time. Come on. Its the SB. What are you going to do when you draft a player. Go off of their years of tape which typically shows, consistently, the type of player they are.....or......are you going to base it off of 3 days at practice. Some of which were in typhoon type weather?

Did we judge our new players after 3 days of training camp? How about Roby getting torched repeatedly by manning. Tank Ronnie hillman being starter only to be benched for game 1 when knowshon had only like 3 carries all of TC and pre season?

The QB class here is really really good. I remember the last few QBs to light up the Senior Bowl.

Vince Young
    Johnny manziel
    They are both on your side.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Elway, like DaddyShan, is coy about who he'll draft. The more the Broncos actually promote a player, the less likely we are to take him. I'm guessing Lock goes to the Jaguars, Giants or Lions while we reach for the next one on the list - Murray, Jones or Grier.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

20. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information