Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
Murray is a better baseball prospect than Elway was, so arguably he has more leverage in that his baseball threat is more credible.

Issue is... How good of a football prospect is Murray really? He had one year as the full time starter at OSU, and was arguably better than Mayfield who went #1 last year. Murray is a polarizing prospect by nature, but is it one of those scenarios where he really is a top-5 pick talent that sneaks down to 10, or is he a top 140 talent that sneaks down to 32?

Either way, there's no way in hell this guy doesn't sneak his baseball signing bonus as long as he can. Scott Boras is extremely pissed at this whole scenario, because he now has to go to all the MLB teams and apologize, plus he has to register with the NFLPA as an NFL agent to keep a QB that might be going top 10 and receive massive endorsements, because his guy is a straight-up baller.

Basically. I would take Murray at 10 if he committed privately to Elway, but kept saying he was going to play baseball publicly.
I don't know if Murray is a better baseball prospect but I do know Elway was good enough that he was considered a five tool player and would have had long MLB career. Elway had more leverage because he was great quarterback. Murray is great athlete but necessarily a great quarterback.

That aside, I would not take him at, I doubt would as well.