Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: John Elway Said to be High on Quarterback Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    That's assuming CK would renegotiate. I'll say it for the 50th time. I don't know what JE is thinking...but his thought process doesn't change if it's CK or JF under center. If he likes any of the QBs, adding Flacco won't stop him from drafting him.
    I think most people agree with you.

2. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Let’s be honest, these QB’s could really use an apprenticeship, they brought in Flacco because he’s been a legitimate NFL starter for his entire career and they believe he has tread on his tires ... so letting Lock/Haskins/Jones/Grier sit behind a legitimate starter makes sense.

Going with Keesum in the first place was flat out negligent, doing it again was a fireable offense.

What they’re doing at the QB position is normal and wouldn’t preclude drafting another QB anywhere in this draft, imo.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Shanny got fired because of his allegiance to Slowik much like the reason Kubes isn't here is his allegiance to Barone and Dennison. It was pretty simple to see that once Shanny said at the end of that season before he was fired he wouldn't move Slowik, despite fan, media hate of our defensive situation and Slowik's piss poor scheme.

As for QB at pick number 10, I believe the visits with the top 4 are all currently a hype job and we have no plans to select any of them or draft a QB at 10. I expect a later rd QB in rds 3-5, and yes that includes possibly Thorson. People can hate all you want but there is a reasons scouts like him vs fans on a message board and media hacks that are pretty much always wrong...

Also talent doesn't do shit for you if you don't have a it factor, work ethic, leadership skills or the willingness to get better at your craft as well. The list is lengthy of uber talented prospects that failed because of a lack of those attributes and we have our own recent example of that in a guy like Lynch and others like shane ray. You need both so for people wanting prospects with those it factors we only have to look at our most recent draft for examples of how that has improved our team already. Its not rocket science....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Have you heard anything about Elway quitting once his contract is up because I sure haven't.
    People close to Elway have commented that he wants to move into (part) ownership of an NFL Team. He could do what Magic Johnson did in LA with the Lakers.

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.” -- Elway
    This is an important quote of course: Translation: "We have to get things fixed on offense before we draft and try to develop a QB." Because of all the coaching changes and changes of Offensive Coordinator the Broncos have not had that stability.

By firing VJ and hiring Fangio Elway is trying to create that solid basis. But, obviously "things" aren't "fixed on offense" yet. I expect them to draft a developmental QB, but if they were to draft a QB at #10 then all the fans and media will spend all their time asking "when does the rookie see the field? When is he going to start? Flacco lost last week, does that mean that Lock should start right now?"

Drafting a QB in the second or third round makes it much easier to put him on the bench for a couple of years while starting Flacco. Drafting a QB at #10 means they have decided to move on from Flacco as soon as possible, as soon as the rookie can get ready. Because you invested way too much draft capital on him to let him sit for 2 or 3 years behind Flacco and not get any use out of that pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    People close to Elway have commented that he wants to move into (part) ownership of an NFL Team. He could do what Magic Johnson did in LA with the Lakers.
    I haven't seen anything of the sort and even taking at value people "close" to Elway have spoken doesn't mean much.

Have you heard anything about Elway quitting once his contract is up because I sure haven't.
    Dmac keeps parroting on about it...

Cugal=Dmac confirmed?

That's actually highly believable.

10. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Dmac keeps parroting on about it...

Cugal=Dmac confirmed?

That's actually highly believable.
    I don't think one guy in the media going on about it makes it true, but we shall see.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-25-2019 at 04:28 PM.

I don't think one guy in the media going on about makes true, but we shall see.
    I actually am in no way implying it is true. Quite the opposite. Very little DMAC says is true because he's a worthless source of information...

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    This is an important quote of course: Translation: "We have to get things fixed on offense before we draft and try to develop a QB." Because of all the coaching changes and changes of Offensive Coordinator the Broncos have not had that stability.

By firing VJ and hiring Fangio Elway is trying to create that solid basis. But, obviously "things" aren't "fixed on offense" yet. I expect them to draft a developmental QB, but if they were to draft a QB at #10 then all the fans and media will spend all their time asking "when does the rookie see the field? When is he going to start? Flacco lost last week, does that mean that Lock should start right now?"

Drafting a QB in the second or third round makes it much easier to put him on the bench for a couple of years while starting Flacco. Drafting a QB at #10 means they have decided to move on from Flacco as soon as possible, as soon as the rookie can get ready. Because you invested way too much draft capital on him to let him sit for 2 or 3 years behind Flacco and not get any use out of that pick.
    I would hope that Elway doesn't feel like he should do what the typical armchair fan wants him or Fangio to do. Most organizations draft a QB early because they have nothing at the position to begin with and therefore have a need for them to start early. But, we have a situation where we have a solid veteran QB that, at the very least, qualifies as a capable QB with some hardware on his resume. So, we have the luxury...much like KC 2 years ago...to let a young QB learn under a vet for at least a season before throwing him to the wolves. Hell...we did it qith Lynch and the expectation that he would take at least 2 years and no one was really pounding their fists for him to start.

That said, I really dont think Elway ever had any intention of Flacco being the starter for the next 3 years to begin with. If he is actually just "entering his prime" and he happens to give you 3 years of quality play, then it's a win and you still have a young QB under contract for 2 more years. But I truly think he got Flacco because he could be an above average stopgap and a good mentor to a young QB for a year (or 2, if needed). Then, he gets out of Flacco's contract at no cost and we move forward with the kid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Shanny got fired because of his allegiance to Slowik much like the reason Kubes isn't here is his allegiance to Barone and Dennison. It was pretty simple to see that once Shanny said at the end of that season before he was fired he wouldn't move Slowik, despite fan, media hate of our defensive situation and Slowik's piss poor scheme.

As for QB at pick number 10, I believe the visits with the top 4 are all currently a hype job and we have no plans to select any of them or draft a QB at 10. I expect a later rd QB in rds 3-5, and yes that includes possibly Thorson. People can hate all you want but there is a reasons scouts like him vs fans on a message board and media hacks that are pretty much always wrong...

Also talent doesn't do shit for you if you don't have a it factor, work ethic, leadership skills or the willingness to get better at your craft as well. The list is lengthy of uber talented prospects that failed because of a lack of those attributes and we have our own recent example of that in a guy like Lynch and others like shane ray. You need both so for people wanting prospects with those it factors we only have to look at our most recent draft for examples of how that has improved our team already. Its not rocket science....
    Thorson is Russ Landy’s mid-to-late round developmental QB, he mentioned the fairytale intangibles too.

Btw, Ben Rapistberger says hi.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 03-25-2019 at 10:08 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Also, go through the SB50 locker room and ask them who had better “It factor”, Talib or Tebow ... instinct tells me the “It factor” subjective.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Thorson is Russ Landy’s mid-to-late round developmental QB, he mentioned the fairytale intangibles too.

Btw, Ben Rapistberger says hi.

I don't really care about any of the draftniks view of Thorson. NFL Scouts like him a lot......NFL Team scouts are on record saying he could go as high as rd. 3, he has good tape, a legit NFL skillset, and as they studied him more they think a lot of his turnovers were the result of simply trying to hard to make plays with no supporting cast....He is a gamer by the way......its not just a it factor, the dude led NW to levels they haven't seen in years. I will go off what NFL scouts are saying vs some draftniks....

Really don't care what message board fans and so so draftniks have to say about it. Rumors from the SB were they expect him to have a blake bortles rise on draft day, and he is a way better prospect then Bortles. Bortles fyi was thought to be a late rd developmental guy as well......but he went rd 3. Had Bortles had any work ethic or it factor he would still be the starting QB in Jacksonville.

So it goes both ways....its not shocking that we went after experience, it factor, captains and team leaders last year and had the bets draft in 3 years....as I mentioned you need talent, but if you pair talent with it factor and leadership and work ethic you get franchise players....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Also, go through the SB50 locker room and ask them who had better “It factor”, Talib or Tebow ... instinct tells me the “It factor” subjective.
    Both had the it factor, but Tebow didn't have talent, so you cant just have a it factor you need talent as well, but on a message board that's subjective because we all think were experts anyways lol.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Think?

20. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information