Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: John Elway Said to be High on Quarterback Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Yes, riding the pine with no pressure on you is bailing out a guy putting up big numbers consistently. Something Foles, a career flopper, has never done. Good lord.
    This contradicts your previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    This contradicts your previous post.
    He had one great game.

People blew up over him. He had the type of game that a god QB had.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

He had one great game.

People blew up over him. He had the type of game that a god QB had.
    You said game managers don't win SBs. Manning was basically a game manager the year the Broncos won the SB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

And we aren't going to have Keenum on the team after this season - so what does making the playoffs have to do with long term building? There's a huge gap in that connection.
    I do not support tanking under ANY circumstances going into next year. If the Broncos miss on Lock and Haskins, they can still take a guy like White or Oliver that will boost the defense enough to take Mahomes out at least one game. If the Broncos make the playoffs and lose Case, who cares?

Honestly, I think this is all moot because if Elway is as enamoured with Lock as reports claim, he already has a trade with San Fran lined up for #2 involving next year's first and other assets.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I do not support tanking under ANY circumstances going into next year. If the Broncos miss on Lock and Haskins, they can still take a guy like White or Oliver that will boost the defense enough to take Mahomes out at least one game. If the Broncos make the playoffs and lose Case, who cares?

Honestly, I think this is all moot because if Elway is as enamoured with Lock as reports claim, he already has a trade with San Fran lined up for #2 involving next year's first and other assets.

My goodness that would be a terrible decision by Elway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    My goodness that would be a terrible decision by Elway.
    I actually don't think so. Elway stocked the roster with young talent last draft, and many of the needs at ILB, CB, and O-Line can be addressed with later picks and free agency. Hamilton has shown he has a future in this franchise, so a new QB would instantly elevate him and Sutton.

Scangarello brings two major benefits with him:
    -The 49ers had a plan to use McKinnon from the Vikings as a "jet" player last offseason, and paid him accordingly. Phillip Lindsay is the perfect fit for those plans, that Scangarello will undoubtedly display.
    -He did amazing work in developing nobodies into serviceable players, and also did an amazing "rush" job in getting Jimmy G. ready to play games when he first came to down, despite not being there.
    I think he could make this offense run really well if given a QB, and Sanders, when healthy, will be a perfect fit with a strong-armed QB.

If Elway is truly "all-in" as he usually is, getting a QB is the only thing that is missing. There is still a lot that has to play out in the pre-draft process, but it would not be shocking at all if Denver ended up at number 2.

I'd rather Elway mortgage the future for a shot at a QB now, rather than this moronic suggestion that the Broncos should tank for 2020 QBs.

7. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

NO.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I actually don't think so. Elway stocked the roster with young talent last draft, and many of the needs at ILB, CB, and O-Line can be addressed with later picks and free agency. Hamilton has shown he has a future in this franchise, so a new QB would instantly elevate him and Sutton.

Scangarello brings two major benefits with him:
    -The 49ers had a plan to use McKinnon from the Vikings as a "jet" player last offseason, and paid him accordingly. Phillip Lindsay is the perfect fit for those plans, that Scangarello will undoubtedly display.
    -He did amazing work in developing nobodies into serviceable players, and also did an amazing "rush" job in getting Jimmy G. ready to play games when he first came to down, despite not being there.
    I think he could make this offense run really well if given a QB, and Sanders, when healthy, will be a perfect fit with a strong-armed QB.

If Elway is truly "all-in" as he usually is, getting a QB is the only thing that is missing. There is still a lot that has to play out in the pre-draft process, but it would not be shocking at all if Denver ended up at number 2.

I'd rather Elway mortgage the future for a shot at a QB now, rather than this moronic suggestion that the Broncos should tank for 2020 QBs.
    Only one poster has called exactly where we'd be right now, three years ago, and counting.

Don't call or insinuate I'm a moron.

This place sucks.

Y'all have fun.

l8r

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Only one poster has called exactly where we'd be right now, three years ago, and counting.

Don't call or insinuate I'm a moron.
    I said it was a moronic suggestion, and I stand by that statement. Teams should never tank, and fans should never root for tanking.

Are you a moron? No. But it's a moronic suggestion.

Tanking hasn't worked out for Oakland, Jacksonville, Cleveland, San Diego, Detroit, Cincy, or Arizona. We don't want to be like those loser organizations. Tanking also bit the 49ers in the butt. Sure, you have Harbaugh come in with all that talent stockpiled from years of garbage play, but then right back into the cellar and all the players retire once the window closes. I don't want that to be the Denver Broncos.

12. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Nah - it's not moronic when it would probably lead to a longer and sustained version of winning. The'shot' you're talking about, next season is the true waste. Meh. It be what it is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Nah - it's not moronic when it would probably lead to a longer and sustained version of winning. The'shot' you're talking about, next season is the true waste. Meh. It be what it is.
    I think everyone generally agrees the Broncos should get a QB. But, if the Broncos are going to make a move, they ought to push up the draft board this year for Lock or Haskins rather than waiting.

Your "tank for 2020" plan wouldn't be sustained winning, because Lindsay, Sutton, and Chubb will all turn into loser players while Von and CHJ turn into "well I got my ring, imma just build my stat sheet" players. Winning matters. Winning now matters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

You can help the team now, try to win and sell the farm in 2020 when the real QBs are there.

16. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Because teams love trading away top flight prospects?

Somehow, if Elway thinks there are no QB's last draft, and none this one, I'd wager to say the man is probably retarded.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Because teams love trading away top flight prospects?

Somehow, if Elway thinks there are no QB's last draft, and none this one, I'd wager to say the man is probably retarded.
    That's why this is the ideal draft to trade up. Every team in the top 5 "has a franchise QB." That will not be the case next draft.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information