Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: John Elway Said to be High on Quarterback Drew Lock

They are watching women's soccer

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I really wish we had a chargers fan to talk shit to.
    I think our SD friends have all sworn off the NFL because of the Chargers moving to LA, so we'll have to wait until someone in LA cares enough about them to come here & defend them.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

3. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MIZZOUMAN View Post
    They are watching women's soccer
    They’re the only reason to watch soccer, Alex Morgan is hot ... hope she augments after she retires.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Is everybody on "Team Sloter" still OK with the Broncos getting rid of Sloter, now that he was a pretty impressive 6 of 7 passing, 86% for 62 yards and 1 TD, with a passer rating of 143.2?

Or is that considered commenting in bad taste to remind people that Kyle Sloter might actually wind up being good? While the Broncos still struggle to find a decent QB. (Well he did have a cool song. )

Does that still make people bitter of do you consider it a fluke? It could be a fluke of course. . . theoretically speaking. . . . but maybe not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Is everybody on "Team Sloter" still OK with the Broncos getting rid of Sloter, now that he was a pretty impressive 6 of 7 passing, 86% for 62 yards and 1 TD, with a passer rating of 143.2?

Or is that considered commenting in bad taste to remind people that Kyle Sloter might actually wind up being good? While the Broncos still struggle to find a decent QB. (Well he did have a cool song. )

Does that still make people bitter of do you consider it a fluke? It could be a fluke of course. . . theoretically speaking. . . . but maybe not.
    Most former Denver Qbs including Kelly, Siemien, Keenum had good performances in their 1st preseason action with their new respective teams. It must be noted facing mostly catfish competition.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Most former Denver Qbs including Kelly, Siemien, Keenum had good performances in their 1st preseason action with their new respective teams. It must be noted facing mostly catfish competition.
    I just watched Chad Kelly's performance. He made some pretty good throws, ran for a 30 yard TD on a fake, and threw with authority and drove his team down for another score.

I would rather have him starting than Joe Flacco actually. That could be irrational, but I just have Zero confidence that Flacco will be any good. It's been a long time.

On the other hand, even Paxton looked good running the same 8 plays he ran at Memphis, just like he did in Denver. So, you have to discount it a lot because its just the preseason. Let's be honest. Paxton didn't suddenly become able to throw the ball accurately from the pocket because he left Denver. He's still the same QB he was here. He had a good game because it was pre-season against a vanilla defense -- with them just running his plays.

So, you're right. We shouldn't over hype this past weekend's impressive performances by Chad Kelly, Kyle Sloter or Paxton Lynch.

But, no Denver QB has looked impressive in the pre-season so far. Lock looked better in game 2 than he did in game 1. That's about the best that can be said. He's still really raw and those other QBs have been in the league for 3 or 4 years now.

Still I would have been a lot happier if Drew Lock looked like Pat Mahomes, while Chad Kelly had a monster hang-over and played like crap and Von Miller tore Paxton's arm off and tossed it into the stands.

8. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I just watched Chad Kelly's performance. He made some pretty good throws, ran for a 30 yard TD on a fake, and threw with authority and drove his team down for another score.

I would rather have him starting than Joe Flacco actually. That could be irrational, but I just have Zero confidence that Flacco will be any good. It's been a long time.

On the other hand, even Paxton looked good running the same 8 plays he ran at Memphis, just like he did in Denver. So, you have to discount it a lot because its just the preseason. Let's be honest. Paxton didn't suddenly become able to throw the ball accurately from the pocket because he left Denver. He's still the same QB he was here. He had a good game because it was pre-season against a vanilla defense -- with them just running his plays.

So, you're right. We shouldn't over hype this past weekend's impressive performances by Chad Kelly, Kyle Sloter or Paxton Lynch.

But, no Denver QB has looked impressive in the pre-season so far. Lock looked better in game 2 than he did in game 1. That's about the best that can be said. He's still really raw and those other QBs have been in the league for 3 or 4 years now.

Still I would have been a lot happier if Drew Lock looked like Pat Mahomes, while Chad Kelly had a monster hang-over and played like crap and Von Miller tore Paxton's arm off and tossed it into the stands.
    Can see Kelly getting some extra work because as usual Luck is banged up

Can see Kelly getting some extra work because as usual Luck is banged up
    Colts release 2019 Preseason Depth Chart:
    — QB: #1 Andrew Luck, #2 Jacoby Brissett, #3 Phillip Walker, #4 Chad Kelly

The question is whether Chad Kelly will make their practice squad.

Frankly, they should have signed him in Buffalo where he could back up Josh Allen, who is not at all a proven commodity right now. If Luck is healthy enough to play Jacoby Brissette will not see the field, let alone Kelly.

It's too bad he's a bad drunk and got himself arrested for B&E or he could be the Broncos developmental QB of the future right now. He could even be the starter and Joe Flacco would be elsewhere.

I felt at the time and still do that we gave up on Sloter too soon, we should have protected the asset.

I do not know if he would have turned into anything but he looked like he had potential.

Chad we did not give up on too soon. He looked like he could be a player, loved his pedigree as I grew up watching his uncle when I lived in upstate NY, but he was an idiot that couldn't be trusted to stay clean.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I felt at the time and still do that we gave up on Sloter too soon, we should have protected the asset.

I do not know if he would have turned into anything but he looked like he had potential.

Chad we did not give up on too soon. He looked like he could be a player, loved his pedigree as I grew up watching his uncle when I lived in upstate NY, but he was an idiot that couldn't be trusted to stay clean.
    Well, getting wildly drunk, getting into a dispute with Von Miller's security at his party, getting thrown out of the party, being unable to find his car, trying to go back into the party to get help finding his car(?) and winding up in the wrong house where he sat on the sofa and tried to take a nap or something, only to be beaten out of the place with a vacuum cleaner hose, then wandering around until he was arrested for B&E is not what you really want from your franchise QB.

So, sadly, no.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Well, getting wildly drunk, getting into a dispute with Von Miller's security at his party, getting thrown out of the party, being unable to find his car, trying to go back into the party to get help finding his car(?) and winding up in the wrong house where he sat on the sofa and tried to take a nap or something, only to be beaten out of the place with a vacuum cleaner hose, then wandering around until he was arrested for B&E is not what you really want from your franchise QB.

So, sadly, no.
    All the warnings were there in HS and College. But hey he may get a lotta time in Indy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

So, sadly, no.
    WOW!! I hadn't hear of that story! Thanks Cugel!

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I wish a teammate didn't let him go - but we're responsible for our own actions. And, let's be honest, if that night had an ending where CK wasn't in trouble, he'd still be the same person and there'd be no change. Not sure if there's a change now, or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

So, sadly, no.
    Isn’t there rumor out there that he was beating off on the coach, before the guy chased him off out the home.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Isn’t there rumor out there that he was beating off on the coach, before the guy chased him off out the home.
    Bukaki? Kinky.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information