Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: John Elway Said to be High on Quarterback Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Saw a rumor about Levi Bo Mitchell, or Bo Levi Mitchell, something like that. Apparently he’s a great CFL quarterback. That seems to be more this front office’s wheel house.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Elway, like DaddyShan, is coy about who he'll draft. The more the Broncos actually promote a player, the less likely we are to take him. I'm guessing Lock goes to the Jaguars, Giants or Lions while we reach for the next one on the list - Murray, Jones or Grier.
    He didn't reach for a quarterback last year, so maybe he'll keep his powder dry until a later round.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Saw a rumor about Levi Bo Mitchell, or Bo Levi Mitchell, something like that. Apparently he’s a great CFL quarterback. That seems to be more this front office’s wheel house.
    Someone was pimping that guy on BF awhile back. He kind of sounded like a poor man's Case Keenum
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Elway, like DaddyShan, is coy about who he'll draft. The more the Broncos actually promote a player, the less likely we are to take him. I'm guessing Lock goes to the Jaguars, Giants or Lions while we reach for the next one on the list - Murray, Jones or Grier.
    I was wondering about this as well, smoke and mirrors and all.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I don’t know a ton about Lock as a QB, but he seems to be a good person and a genuine guy who didn’t just respond to questions with canned answers. He seems honest and has a good head on his shoulders. We know he has an NFL arm so is he a guy that can put it all together, actually take coaching, and become a top 10 QB in this league? That’s yet to be seen but I do like what I’ve seen off the field so far. Zero attitude, humble, likeable, and a good communicator.

He seems at this point to be a guy who could have a 16+ year career in the NFL. He already seems much more mature than a guy like Paxton Lynch. That’s important to me, and I’d hope it is to Elway, too. I think his floor is Alex Smith and his ceiling is Matt Stafford/ Carson Wentz. Wentz is actually who he reminds me of. So far, I like what I’ve seen from him.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I can't base his Senior Bowl performance off of practices I didn't see, but what I saw from him in the actual game...when it matters...was actually much more than I expected. My biggest knock on him was how he processed defenses and adjustments, and he really did quite well at that during the game. I was quite impressed at a scenario I expected to be...meh.

Just my opinion.

10. The Following 7 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

That's basically the reality. Add in the Raiders at #4 however, since Gruden isn't committed long term to Derek Carr. And any of the top 5 teams might be willing to move back in trade with some team that wants a top QB, since the Cardinals, 49ers and Jets don't need a QB. The Bucs might be ready to move on from Jameis Winston, but it's hard to give up on the #1 pick. Still. . . .

So, there are plenty of options for teams to get ahead of the Broncos if they stay at #10. Denver would probably have to move up to land a Qb and in this draft class it might not be worth while.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Big **** Lock

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Big **** Lock
    You just cursed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I don't think he's that special but I also would gladly have him on our team over Keenum.

Haskins is the answer though.

15. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I don't think he's that special but I also would gladly have him on our team over Keenum.

Haskins is the answer though.
    Haskins is style
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

As others have said, this reeks of smokescreen. Daniel Jones is the "typical" quarterback that Elway has pursued that fits the measurable mold of a Brock O. or Paxton prospect, so I expect Elway to shy away from him unless he's on the board day 2. Murray or Haskins is probably Elway's actual target.

I think he probably likes numerous QB's.

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

It's liar season.

22. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Sometimes the best lie is to tell the truth, or at least parts of it.

24. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information