Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: John Elway Said to be High on Quarterback Drew Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You know, the Broncos made Cam Newton look like Case Keenum three years ago, so I’m not going to be down on Goff because the Patriots balled out. Now, Goff looked a little out of his element from the start, but this comparison to Case Keenum that’s been going on is kinda ridiculous.
    It wasn't all NE though. He made a bunch of unforced errors. Missed wide open guys downfield and missed a bunch of reads. He is a good QB. But he is a play action heavy QB. He is limited in what he can do. The better defenses shut him down. Last night he was awful.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Any QB looks worse if you shut down the running game and make them one-dimensional.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

But don't you think there is a difference between that and what Goff did on Sunday? So many unforced errors. NE surely did their part at times, but he definitely had his opportunities and completely screwed the pooch.

4. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    But don't you think there is a difference between that and what Goff did on Sunday? So many unforced errors. NE surely did their part at times, but he definitely had his opportunities and completely screwed the pooch.
    It has been a generally accepted fact that McVay feeds Goff right until the headset cuts off. Goff may have many of the physical tools, but obviously his mental ability and instincts aren't up to snuff against superior defensive coaching once that helmet radio cuts off.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You know, the Broncos made Cam Newton look like Case Keenum three years ago, so I’m not going to be down on Goff because the Patriots balled out. Now, Goff looked a little out of his element from the start, but this comparison to Case Keenum that’s been going on is kinda ridiculous.
    He scrambled around in the pocket for a year holding onto the ball taking huge sacks. He had the protection, he just played stupid....Some of that you can credit the patriots for, but some of that tells me he's not ready for big games yet, he played lost...

I'm not saying I still wouldn't take him, but he was garbage during the game.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

He had a bad game. So did Brady BTW. He looked like 2015 Peyton for 3 quarters and had one good drive in the 4th. Any kind of normal scoring by the Rams and they lose 21-13 or something, and the story today would be: "Does Brady's Bad Superbowl Performance Mean He's Washed Up?"

That was the worst SB in NFL History. So bad that my friend turned to me after the game and said "well that game was not as exciting as taking my dog's stool sample to the vet." He had a point.

Does that mean we wouldn't want Goff? Not unless you're really, really stupid. Then, yes.

The Broncos are not getting a QB as good as Jared Goff this season.

10. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Who said they wouldn't take him? We said he played like ish Sunday...which he did.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Who said they wouldn't take him? We said he played like ish Sunday...which he did.
    You can type shit on this site...

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

The defense of both teams came to play, bottom line. Neither QB of those teams does well under intense pressure. Both Qb's didn't play well at all, just goes to show that defense can still win championships against franchise Qb's. I'm glad the SB went down like it did(minus NE winning lol). It just reinforced that a good defensive plan can squash an elite offense.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 02-05-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Oh boy! someone did a mock draft based on Elway's presence not leaving the QB's at the senior bowl.

Basically, someone played let's pretend the Broncos do what I imagine they'll do based on speculation about why Elway's presence was at a particular place at a specific event. Or am I looking at this too objectively?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    It has been a generally accepted fact that McVay feeds Goff right until the headset cuts off. Goff may have many of the physical tools, but obviously his mental ability and instincts aren't up to snuff against superior defensive coaching once that helmet radio cuts off.
    This post summarized my thinking on the subject.

Belichick et al developed a gameplan with the goal of confusing the pre-snap reads, partly by running much more zone than they did during the season, but showing something pre-snap that would either confuse, or eliminate the advantage of having McVay being able to get them into the "right" play. This of course, put it all on Goff's shoulders, and he just couldn't do it.

Probably, McVay doing so much through their headset's has hindered Goff's next level of development in that he doesn't really have to make those decisions.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    This post summarized my thinking on the subject.

Belichick et al developed a gameplan with the goal of confusing the pre-snap reads, partly by running much more zone than they did during the season, but showing something pre-snap that would either confuse, or eliminate the advantage of having McVay being able to get them into the "right" play. This of course, put it all on Goff's shoulders, and he just couldn't do it.

Probably, McVay doing so much through their headset's has hindered Goff's next level of development in that he doesn't really have to make those decisions.
    pretty much exactly this. . . the wizened jedi master bitch-slapped the brilliant apprentice. . . goff got painfully exposed by a defense that showed late motion. . . but hey, brady is the effin' goat, with his 13 points. . .

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You can type shit on this site...

you can't type for shit on any site!

but i still think we should consider doing a bull and bush forum hangout if the donks do get the HOF game. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If thats the case lets hope they strike gold. At least they would be attempting at taking a top tier guy instead of a project.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If thats the case lets hope they strike gold. At least they would be attempting at taking a top tier guy instead of a project.
    I won't complain about taking lock if he's there and I wouldn't complain about trading up a few spots for the right price, but I don't think he's a sure enough shot to sell the farm for.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 02-06-2019 at 11:55 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information