Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL to consider making pass interference and other judgement calls reviewable, Elway says not likely to pass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

This makes perfect sense. So I doubt the NFL is interested in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Wont happen.

Next.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Wont happen.

Next.
    I hear the Patriots are posturing for male cheerleaders next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Vinovich needed to be fired a long time ago. It’s no shock he headed this embarrassing crew. How do they keep getting big games? I’d say that’s a deeper problem than needing replay for this. Referee accountability.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This sounds nice in theory, but every ref makes bad calls. Football is extremely fast paced and it's basically impossible to get every call right in real time. That's why we have replay, to clean up the errors that are made. I agree there should be some sort of accountability for blatantly missing a call like in the saints game, but if you flat out suspended refs from calling big games for making a bad call, there would be no refs left to call big games.

The fact of the matter is, the refs that get to call these games are the ones who had the best performance over the course of the season. So if you remove those guys for missing a call, the ones who would come in to replace them would be worse.
    I'm not worried about the holding call in the 2nd quarter type deal..you can simply fine the crew that called a bad game...The championship games was atrocious......I feel replay is just going to make it worse, but I could see making it part of the 2 challenges the coaches get, that's on them if they want to waste it, and keeps the game flow still moving....so I back you on that point.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I'm not worried about the holding call in the 2nd quarter type deal..you can simply fine the crew that called a bad game...The championship games was atrocious......I feel replay is just going to make it worse, but I could see making it part of the 2 challenges the coaches get, that's on them if they want to waste it, and keeps the game flow still moving....so I back you on that point.....
    Yeah I definitely don't think more stoppages need to be added to the game. I just think coaches should be able to use their 2-3 challenges on whatever they want. That seems like a reasonable solution to this.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I hear the Patriots are posturing for male cheerleaders next year.
    Duh, Brady needs a job after he retires.

10. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I don't really understand JFE's take on this. Who is suggesting replaying every PI or non-PI call? The toolbox is the same size, just standardizing the nut sizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I don't really understand JFE's take on this. Who is suggesting replaying every PI or non-PI call? The toolbox is the same size, just standardizing the nut sizes.
    Yeah I also found that strange. Maybe he was just misunderstand the suggestion. Or maybe the reporter asked him the question in a weird way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Vinovich needed to be fired a long time ago. It’s no shock he headed this embarrassing crew. How do they keep getting big games? I’d say that’s a deeper problem than needing replay for this. Referee accountability.
    I think the problem (in this case) might stem from the "all-star" crews the NFL moved to in the playoffs.

During the season a crew works together through the entire 17 week season. They know how to communicate with each other. They know how to handle each other etc.

Then the playoffs roll around, and they pick and choose the best graded refs and throw them all together on new crews with guys they haven't worked with before.

I have a feeling that the reason NONE of the refs threw a flag on that obvious PI is because they weren't used to working with one another and one of the others from another area of the field didn't feel confident in upstaging the judge who was right there on top of it.

Maybe I'm totally off base, but I think it plays a factor. Take the best-graded CREWS to the playoffs. Don't mix and match the best-graded officials.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I think the problem (in this case) might stem from the "all-star" crews the NFL moved to in the playoffs.

During the season a crew works together through the entire 17 week season. They know how to communicate with each other. They know how to handle each other etc.

Then the playoffs roll around, and they pick and choose the best graded refs and throw them all together on new crews with guys they haven't worked with before.

I have a feeling that the reason NONE of the refs threw a flag on that obvious PI is because they weren't used to working with one another and one of the others from another area of the field didn't feel confident in upstaging the judge who was right there on top of it.

Maybe I'm totally off base, but I think it plays a factor. Take the best-graded CREWS to the playoffs. Don't mix and match the best-graded officials.
    This idea is intriguing, but I think there's room for both things. Vinovich fired AND keeping crews together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

Good point and one I forgot about.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah the all star crew sounds great in theory but it probably does make more sense to keep the same crews together. This would be a great thing for spike to chime in on.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 01-23-2019 at 04:20 PM.

I'm opposed to changing the rules. They review EVERY damn play as it is and the games drag on and on making it incredibly boring to watch. If you don't believe me tape the game and watch it later and fast forward through the commercials, stoppages, time-outs, officials reviews, booth reviews, reviews on every catch, reviews of every TD even the most obvious, etc., etc.

Compare the raw excitement of the actual game, without stoppages with the product they put on the field every week. No comparison.

You could call pass interference on almost any play. Most of the time it isn't called. Sometimes when it should be called, it isn't. I think replay and all the idiot rule complexities that come from replay (was it a catch? Was the receiver moving the ball when he hit the ground? Was his hand under the ball? Did the ball break the plane? Can we get another angle? )

I'm old and crotchety and I don't like all the delays as is. This rule change would lead to more challenges.

Plus: "You kids get off my lawn!"

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah I also found that strange. Maybe he was just misunderstand the suggestion. Or maybe the reporter asked him the question in a weird way.
    Probably this because when Wave first posted it that is what i thought as well.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information