Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I Hereby Concede That Elway Has Tricked me Into Believing...Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It's more of a 'slow down young fella, in time, McVay will have his time', but I do agree that the Rams will have a shot at being the Saints one day.
    My life is so miserable and I hate myself so much that anything which brings me joy I go all in on.

Hoodie, Reid, Payton, Carrol, Pederson. Those are the coaches who are better than McVay. Not Tomlin who could only win with Cowher's roster, has little input in his team's draft, and lost control of his locker room. Not McCarthy who got carried by Rodgers. That's how good that young man is. That's how talented he is. Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It's more of a 'slow down young fella, in time, McVay will have his time', but I do agree that the Rams will have a shot at being the Saints one day.
    Looks like your speech to text messed up--you said Sunday and it changed it to one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Looks like your speech to text messed up--you said Sunday and it changed it to one day.
    Saints will prevail on Sunday, and one day, the Rams will know that success.

4. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Saints will prevail on Sunday, and one day, the Rams will know that success.
    You might be a sad lad.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You might be a sad lad.
    Then again, I may be glad, because the Saints win at their pad.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Then again, I may be glad, because the Saints win at their pad.
    That was style.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That was style.
    A first grade reading level helps.

11. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

I miss lawdog

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Alternative post title: 'Elway is finally acting like a boss level GM'.

Love The Godfather (HC)! We zagged when everyone else zigged, and the fact that 7 of the 8 HCs that made it to the divisional round this year were over 50 proves this sound policy. And then there's Fangio. I never heard of him, of course, but he is f'ing loved by pretty much everyone..and he eats McVay and anyone that had a conversation with him...and so became a HC...for breakfast. Plus he said we would not suffer a 'Death By Inches'. That is good because I'm pretty sure that's one of the thousands of Chinese hells I don't want to visit. So, I love Fangio! He is the man that will beat our divas into eidelons of the Sport, the Devourer of the offense every NFL team is using currently, and a man that stared Elway down and said 'What? Kubiak? No thanks'.

I know Elway was part of it but in my mind, Elway was looking for the man that would push him on the issue. Then hired the man that he knew would help him kick his destructive Kubiak habit.

Moving on: I Love Donatell! He's Italian. That means he's family. I'm not Italian but the Broncos new head coach is Italian, so he's family. I'd rather not sleep with the fishes and you should feel the same, so Donatell is family! He's actually an awesome coach as well, so that's great. He won't call plays, but Fangio will. Fangio is in the ranks of Belidick and Phillips on defensive play calling, so...I'm reeeaaaaly f'ing happy to be excited about our defense kicking a** again. Donatell is a pretty damn fine DB coach and more, so I really love him. He coached our DBs for the 2 90s SB wins and they rocked, true? So we don't even have to be afraid of waking up with a horse head on our pillow to love him, right?

I love The Scary Gorilla (Scangarello)! I have no freaking clue who he is and no one else does, either. OK, maybe we all have some clue, thanks to Google and Broncos media: He stalked Kyle Shanahan from the shadows of lower ranked college coaching alleys for years. He took secret, forbidden pics and waited with heavy breath on every move Kyle made. He threw away everything for his love of that younger, oh so attractive younger man and threw himself at his loved one's feet as an intern. He even starred in the video remake of 'Every Breathe You Take' by the Police (Don't even think of stealing this idea for a You Tube post! It is mine!...OK, steal it. I don't post You Tube videos). Anyway, The Gorilla is kind of exactly what we hope for as Broncos fans that are dying by inches for the Broncos to rip themselves into the current decade of NFL offenses: High risk, High reward. An unknown that studied (stalked) the C drive: Bill Walsh/ West Coast/ Shanahan system and has an idea or two in his pocket. Every new NFL offensive trend grew up in high schools across America; Then developed in small college schools across America; and so on to the big schools. Now, the NFL is getting over forcing the 'professional' QB to stay in the pocket as a rule and pretending to be more mature than the college system that all of it's future leaders (QBs) rise from. The Gorilla spent hard and valid years in the small ranks, unadulterated by the restrictions bigger schools are bound by. Doesn't mean he'll be great. Doesn't mean that we won't hate him next year. But in a league of drowned by sleepy AF derivative offenses run by old men that can't see the tree within the forest they worship/ cling to, I'm OK with riding this Gorilla Train for maybe even 5 years. We'll see after 2 though...

Also, I'm kind of loving that he didn't have a one night stand with Sean McVay, or have coffee with him, or retweet one of his tweets. Or, whatever. McVay walked into a situation that just needed a nudge. He is a fantastic and extremely intelligent, as well as enormously talented coach. I wish we had him. But he benefits from the situation he walked into and everyone that brushes against him isn't his equal by default. It kind of goes to show you how silly the NFL is on some levels. But I digress...McVay uses Shanahan's system. Shanahan used Shanahan's system. His son does as well. Shanahan's system came from Bil Walsh as an answer to the heavy handed 'smash mouth football' that was the accepted reality in the NFL at the time...which is still the accepted NFL ideal, depending on if it's a home game, or an away game, or a game in the snow, or a game in the playoffs. Again, the NFL is simple and derivative and driven by millionaire man-children that have no clue what is innovative, and are given no options to re-examine their foundations because anyone they listen to has been indoctrinated into their culture through fear and subservience.

I know, that was a rant. But there was a purpose and we do have hope. It may be just another derivative offense but at least it's going to be OUR derivative. The gorilla is a risky but exciting unknown but at least we didn't make him HC. Bengals, anyone? (don't quote me on this if the Bengals win the AFC title for the next decade) Otherwise, I can't wait to see what a book-smart and nerdy coach like him can do with everything he's learned, while being guided by titans like Munchak and Fangio.

I love the fact that we have only the smallest clue what will happen on offense next year! We know the basics. We know whom we have regarding players...for now. We know it's NOT Kubiak and his sleepy interpretation of his former stalking victim's (Mike S.) system. We also know that Elway has felt the pressure and finally came out swinging. He has no status to rely on any more. He had no car salesman to trick us into buying another lemon like VJ and smile while being bent over. IMO, he's stepped outside of himself but remembered himself in perfect balance and has made the best power moves in the last few weeks. Like a boss GM should. A boss GM that is maybe finally only that. He'll always be HOF Elway to some/ all but he can't live on that image anymore, himself.

Personally, I give Elway and the Godfather 5 years. I know their contracts are shorter than that but Elway knocked this round of hires out of the park. Fangio isn't a flash in the pan. He's a badass that will bring the shine back to Denver again. That gritty and perfect as mud shine. He might not be made of HC material (like Phillips wasn't) but I think he is. He's a stalker too. But The Godfather stalks his own legacy and he's been waiting patiently...not reaching...but continuing to dominate in the trenches...like a boss. IMO, from what I've read about him anyway. Cudos, Elway! I have given you crap of late and I am positive I was correct in doing so. I also knew and said you had this in you, 'cause...experienced, driven, champion, power player and all. I hereby eat all my negative words on you, in anticipation that I will be given a future feast of fun and exciting football in Denver. I'm cool with waiting some years for huge success because I know it will finally be fun again to watch every game and we will compete in every game. We will again fill the stadium because we know we will always be in it.

And we will sink a few bodies into the river along the way, Godfather, Donatell, and Gorilla style.

Same.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

A first grade reading level helps.
    King......I remember "Read with Dick & Jane" was my first grade reading.

16. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Not sure if Scangarello will work out or not. I will say that I applaud Fangio & Elway for putting him through the grinder. I have never heard of a coaching interview that lasted almost 3 days. That my friends is due diligence. Actually excited again about our team.

Now, I’ll wait for the purge to begin. Hunch is CHJ is correct in that several older, injured and high priced veterans will be gone soon. Two years too late IMO, but the team needs a reset. No more living in the past ie., Kubiak and Manning.

Let the rebuild begin!

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    OK, I was going to make a long post. Maybe even 3 or 4 paragraphs.

But, I just can't compete man. No way I can top that. That is a seriously impressive lot of words.
    A LOT of words.

I know. I've been waiting to find out who our OC will be. They build up, ya know?

20. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Same.
    Damn. I wish you could have posted, so I could just say 'same'. Glad to meet a like mind though. Shit is getting real again in Denver!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Ground Control is a treasure!

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Not sure if Scangarello will work out or not. I will say that I applaud Fangio & Elway for putting him through the grinder. I have never heard of a coaching interview that lasted almost 3 days. That my friends is due diligence. Actually excited again about our team.

Now, I’ll wait for the purge to begin. Hunch is CHJ is correct in that several older, injured and high priced veterans will be gone soon. Two years too late IMO, but the team needs a reset. No more living in the past ie., Kubiak and Manning.

Let the rebuild begin!
    For sure. I hope a solid core remains, including Miller, Harris, Paradis, maybe Peko, I want Wolfe but I'm ok if not. He's a paralyzation waiting to happen. Shaquil Barrett is a must keep but that's outside our hands. He is not Miller or Chubb but who knows, he may stay with the changes that have happened. Davis, Marshall. See ya. Their tackle numbers have always been good but obviously not good enough and Fangio needs speed at inside LB. And just betterness. See ya Heurman. Nice you showed up for a minute last year but not holding my breath for you to improve on that.

The coaches we kept are all solid. The coaches we replaced needed replacing. We can't be sure on the Gorilla yet. Not until he pounds his chest and starts ripping apart defenses, at least.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information