Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Safest Pick in the 2019 NFL Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    That’s a given. Draft a guy, let him learn for a year (preferably on the field). Then maybe, just maybe, he’ll be the long term guy next year. Or stay with Keenum, go 8-8 or 9-7, draft around 20 or so, don’t develop anyone, and start all over in 2020 with your QB search. We might have a pro bowl MLB, though.
    Elway loves Herbert, so you never know.

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The issue here is that Goff is better than any prospect coming into this year's draft. Mahomes was a player that no one saw coming so i chalk him up there with guys like Wilson and Brady in terms of rarity. Chiefs got lucky but that doesnt mean Denver will. Yes, i think Denver will need to take a QB this year in the draft but i dont see any in the first round that are better than someone in later rounds. There just isnt that much separation in my opinion. BUT, White is the best at his particular position in this draft and a much much better prospect. As the thread title suggests you have to think about the safest pick in the first round. Doesnt mean Denver will draft White and may very well do QB but i wouldnt count on the rookie starting from day 1, and he certainly wont take Denver to the playoffs year one either. People are putting way to much stock in Fangio right now. Sure, we should do better than last year but there will still be some growing pains with a brand new HC.
    A lot of people were really down on Goff and didn't think he was a top prospect. A lot of people were down on Mahomes and thought was going to be a bust or a long term project. A lot of people hated Wentz as a prospect. Some scouts didn't like Darnold.

I guess at a certain point I just see a first round QB talent wise as a first round QB. Guys who are so raw like Lynch will still be overdrafted, as was Bortles, but at the end of the day I didn't see what the massive disqualifying flaws were in last year's camp, and thus far (I reserve the right to change my mind as we get more information on the QB's) I don't see why some of these guys aren't legitimate.

It really comes down to if the guy has the talent, will he work hard, and can you coach him up? We know these guys have talent, and since we took PL even though we had concerns about his work ethic we should have learned. If we don't have the right coaches still, then we need an entire overhaul anyway, which is another rebuild no matter what.

However, as long as we get a blue chip prospect in the QB's stead, then I'm fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Elway loves Herbert, so you never know.
    Which is why i think if Denver doesnt take a QB this year that they may give up some firsts for Herbert (if he likes him that much). Even if Denver falls back to 20 in the draft next year that wont mean Denver wont make a play to move up. The possibilities are endless.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I dont think here is a "might" with White. To that we just disagree, he is the best at his position coming into this draft. Im not even a LSU guy but saw some of his games and the dude is a beast bar none. You are assuming that even if Denver drafts a QB that he will take the starting job from Keenum, that simply wont happen because of Keenum's experience. Elway still considers this team a playoff caliber team and will not sacrifice the season behind a rookie. Just wont happen.
    White is a bad, bad man.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Which is why i think if Denver doesnt take a QB this year that they may give up some firsts for Herbert (if he likes him that much). Even if Denver falls back to 20 in the draft next year that wont mean Denver wont make a play to move up. The possibilities are endless.
    Here's the other part - if we don't go QB this year, and we don't move up for a top prospect next year, then it's all shit. But, if we can pull off a trade next year then it is okay. I'm just like you - I see the draft operating in conjunction with the rest of the franchise and the processes.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Reminds me of GNR...'Have a lttle Patience"

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I trust Elway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Elway isnt perfect but its all going to come down to where Elway actually thinks we are. If we are rebuilding from the ground up, you take a QB and let Fangio build the team up for the next 3 years. If Elway thinks we are contenders than you give Fangio a guy like White while still trying to compete for a SB title. I have a feeling Elway still feels this team is still a contender.

I trust Elway.
    Ehh...I trust logic. Sometimes he's clearly wrong, even if it takes awhile to play out. I will tell you this - it is almost an impossibility that two straight draft classes produce no worthy QB's. Especially when you factor in how QB friendly this league is.

Why not get Flacco, then? He has shown competence. He also had Ray Lewis, and a damn fine defense.
    He's been bad as of late and never healthy. It also took him to play his best football during a contract year for him to go off. That fire is gone, or his body is unable to do that now. The Ravens drafted a QB in the first round and Flacco...threw 12 TDs, six picks, and then got hurt...again.

Flacco a handful of years ago might have been a solid option.

Give me White at 10, and Grier in the second round. Both problems solved.

16. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

I just saw a mock where White was taken at five.

I am getting depressed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Give me White at 10, and Grier in the second round. Both problems solved.
    I can live with that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I see we need a QB, but I don't see any of these QBs worth over a player like White. But, since the Broncos does have the QB whisperer on the team, I'll accept if they feel one of these QBs will be the Broncos QBOTF, and take the Broncos back to championship level.
    Same...

But without a QB you feel like your team is playing in the NFL B-league.

Hard to pass on White. I'd be fine if they took a shot at a QB next year or brought in a developmental prospect on some other roster for a draft pick.

Fangio took Smith/Kaepernick to the SB with Willis and Bowman. White is an excellent option if he's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I just saw a mock where White was taken at five.

I am getting depressed.
    He’s the type of prospect that could entice someone above Denver. He’s really good, and depending on his combine, he could get even higher. I think he’s that good.

That said, he’s so damn perfect for Fangio’s defense.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information