Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: The Safest Pick in the 2019 NFL Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Hawg......just an FYI......White did get into some trouble when in high school, but he matured a lot in college.
    Most important is that he is the type to step in as a rookie and demand accountability. He doesn't need to be a boy scout, but he needs to stay out of trouble. Talib is a decent example. Talib without the ass-shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Hawg......just an FYI......White did get into some trouble when in high school, but he matured a lot in college.
    Yeah...If you look up and read some of his interviews and what his teammates say about him, I don't think leadership is a quality he is lacking. I've not been on a field with him, but I think he'll be just fine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Yeah...If you look up and read some of his interviews and what his teammates say about him, I don't think leadership is a quality he is lacking. I've not been on a field with him, but I think he'll be just fine.
    I don't mean 'character issues', I mean does he lead like those other cats. Demands accountability and raises the play of the team. Seeks personal greatness but knows he needs others on the same page to get there, and makes that happen. Just to clarify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I don't mean 'character issues', I mean does he lead like those other cats. Demands accountability and raises the play of the team. Seeks personal greatness but knows he needs others on the same page to get there, and makes that happen. Just to clarify.
    Yes to all of your questions.

I brought up the high school incidents, because it seems to always come into question, which I believe White has grown. I guess I could of said nothing and see if the NFL brought it up, but it was questioned when he was recruited for the Tigers.

5. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Personally, I think TB would be better served going tackle of safety, but not much at LB after Lavonte Davis.

And Detroit is in desperate need of 2nd level run support. MLB might be the top of their priority list
    what about Kwon Alexander?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Well...in most of his interviews, he refers to team a million more times more than himself. And he is always giving credit to other players and commenting on what he could do or could have done better. So I think personal accountability and the desire to always be better is there. And he definitely wants his teammates to be better.

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    what about Kwon Alexander?
    Well...he's a free agent coming off of a torn ACL who turned down Tampa's latest attempt to sign him to an extension. Doesn't sound to me like he's going to be there this year...and if he is...when will he be back and will he get back to where he was? Tampa could decide to draft his replacement instead of gambling on an extension after a significant injury

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Well...he's a free agent coming off of a torn ACL who turned down Tampa's latest attempt to sign him to an extension. Doesn't sound to me like he's going to be there this year...and if he is...when will he be back and will he get back to where he was? Tampa could decide to draft his replacement instead of gambling on an extension after a significant injury
    It'd be a tough pill to swallow to use a top 5 pick to simply replace someone you lose to FA. I agree Detroit would be biggest concern.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    It'd be a tough pill to swallow to use a top 5 pick to simply replace someone you lose to FA. I agree Detroit would be biggest concern.
    If I had to gamble on where they'd go, I'd say secondary...but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go White. He would fix a lot of their run and coverage issues they had up the middle.

12. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

If I had to gamble on where they'd go, I'd say secondary...but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go White. He would fix a lot of their run and coverage issues they had up the middle.
    I think this as well. If we don't go QB, I think they will be interested in Murphy and Baker....I still think white goes to Detroit...but it would be great if we could get him....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

There's still a slight chance that White falls to Denver at 10, along with Bush. It has me thinking. If White has one weakness, it's tackling. With Fangio having always put a huge premium on that skill, I wonder if Bush isn't higher on Denver's board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    There's still a slight chance that White falls to Denver at 10, along with Bush. It has me thinking. If White has one weakness, it's tackling. With Fangio having always put a huge premium on that skill, I wonder if Bush isn't higher on Denver's board.
    Bush is higher on my board. I still think we trade back with the skins and take bush.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Bush is higher on my board. I still think we trade back with the skins and take bush.
    If White is off the board, I don't see Bush making it past Cincinnati at 11. They now have a glaring hole in the middle of that defense. And since Bush is more readt right now than White, I wouldn't be shocked to see them try to jump ahead of us to get him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I saw a board the other day that had White going like 5th and Denver taking Bush at 10.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I saw a board the other day that had White going like 5th and Denver taking Bush at 10.
    Very likely

20. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information